Losing Sub Status

ZydrateVials

Greetings. I'm currently just a few days in a 2 month subscription, and I have a couple of questions.

So far I only have one "main", a level 41. Being a subscriber I have access to the 50-55 expansion, and I'll probably make it there before my subscription runs out. I don't have any immediate plans to play a lot of alts (Maybe to get level 31 on a bounty hunter so I can wear a certain cartel-bought set).

This is all kind of backstory. Sorry.

I'm really just wondering what all I'd lose access to when my 2 months runs out. For example, if I got to level 55 and I ran out of my subscription, would I lose access to that zone, flashpoints, and whatever content the expansion offers? I am aware it probably doesn't take away 5 levels. That'd be silly. I'd still probably be able to play in the 55 PvP tier, too.

A similar question is that if I DON'T hit 55. Say, I hit level 53 and I feel like playing alts for a while. Losing my subscription, would I be able to get those last couple of levels or would I be barred access?

Playing this game, it's like the Champions Online problem all over again. I am employed but I don't like it when Free To Play games gold content at ransom.

You keep rise of the cartel, which allows you to go to 50-55. You lose access to section X, so you would need to buy that unlock. You also cannot equip any new artifact grade equipment on any character, until you get that unlock as well. You drop down to preferred though. So there are only a few other things you would have to buy as far as unlocks go.

So you would need the following, if you wanted everything to be the same as a subscribed account (minus passes / cantina rested bonus / credit cap (locked at 350k))

Display Titles

Hide Head Slot

Unify Colors

Event Equipment Authorization

Crew Skill Assignment Slot

Artifact Equipment Authorization

Crew Member Appearance Authorization

Display Legacy Name & Titles

Quickbar 5

Quickbar 6

Section X

Guild Bank Access

and server character slots, if you plan on making anymore then 5 alts (you get 6 total as preferred)

If I recall. These unlocks also come as single character use (lot cheaper) or Account wide (tend to cost more, but worth it if you make alts).

I think that covered it all :)

Edited by Hoshkar

That list is actually really neat.

Seems Preferred status get a lot of content locked, though. Such as for flashpoints and warzones.

Do not quote me on this one, but I think you can group with 2 subscribers and run unlimited warzones. Not sure how to get around the Flashpoint / OPs restrictions (think those have unlocks?).

I never ran flashpoints, warzones or OPs when I was preferred, so I cannot say on those, sorry!

Until I own everything in Collections, I will still subscribe :p (the 350k credit cap sucks)

(getting there!)

Edited by Hoshkar

Not entirely sure on the details, but you can actually run most (normal) flashpoints all you want. You just won't be able to receive loot from end bosses once you've hit your cap. Was talking to someone in a FP once who commented he couldn't loot from final boss, though some flashpoints are oddly exempt from this restriction.

Hi,

Just wandering about the account wide unlocks,

does it also unlock for alts that you create after using the unlock?

Hope you get what i mean. Thanks.

Yes. And any characters you create on other servers. That is what is meant by "account wide." A "legacy unlock" also works on future characters, but only within that legacy.

These unlocks also come as single character use (lot cheaper) or Account wide (tend to cost more, but worth it if you make alts).
Almost all account unlocks cost less than 3x the single character version, some only a little more than double the single character unlock. For the few exceptions I know of, the account unlock is no more than 4x the single chracter unlock. So if you're going to play more than two characters, the Account unlocks are, in the long run, far cheaper than single character unlocks.

Almost all account unlocks cost less than 3x the single character version, some only a little more than double the single character unlock. For the few exceptions I know of, the account unlock is no more than 4x the single chracter unlock. So if you're going to play more than two characters, the Account unlocks are, in the long run, far cheaper than single character unlocks.

The costs will all depend on the server, on mine (Account) unlocks are 2-3X more then single target unlocks. Your server seems to have a serious math problem on its hands :p

The costs will all depend on the server, on mine (Account) unlocks are 2-3X more then single target unlocks. Your server seems to have a serious math problem on its hands :p
I was referring to the cost to buy the unlocks from the Cartel Market. Prices on the Cartel Market aren't affected by which server you're on.

How much something goes for on the GTN not only varies from one server to the next, but on any particular server can vary widely over time, even just from one day to the next.