I want my Dps sin back. Any hope for a viable sin in 6.0

Letsjet

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think DPS sins are at a huge disadvantage now and that's going to get worse with 5.9.2 tanking changes. Healer/tank combo will be even more immortal. With gimped damage and pvp dominated by ranged with myriad slows, roots, etc, our time on target is not as great. We have to be at very close range, for most part, which makes the gimpness they've already done to us sting more. Other classes hit harder and have far more survivability. When it comes to melee for a jedi/sith, sentinel or marauder would seem to be the way to go, especially in 5.9.2.

Yes, DPS sins are still effective for capping and watching everyone else play the game while we guard in stealth, but we are at a disadvantage in many ways.

Hopefully, mercy will be shown to us in 6.0. The cynic in me says no.

Edited by Kirtastropohe

Why are there so many of these threads? Sins are fine. They have better DCD's than a mara and more frequent access to things like ball lighting to help mitigate the range issues. Deception has like the second best burst in the game. What part of 'your sin' needs to come back

Why are there so many of these threads? Sins are fine. They have better DCD's than a mara and more frequent access to things like ball lighting to help mitigate the range issues. Deception has like the second best burst in the game. What part of 'your sin' needs to come back

I'll take a crack at it. I'm not the best shadow. I'm not the worst. I'd call myself good. I don't feel like the burst is there, at all, to overcome the state of the PvP world in the post 5.0 and especially 5.7 state of things. Survivability, defense, and damage has seemingly increased for the other classes, and they hit in many cases, harder than we do. Our biggest heavy hitter, the 3 (or 4 depending on how you handle things) Proc'd Force breaches thanks force potency, shadow stride, and force cloak reset of force pot, is not going to obliterate any geared person, who isn't a dps shadow. And that's assuming we can stay on target long enough to even do all that. 2 of our attacks have a 10 meter (and given the overabundance of ranged, we're still in the sweet spot for many of our attackers at 11 meters) and the rest of our attacks are 4 or 5 meters.

Given knockbacks, slows, and stuns, it is really doubtful we're on target long enough to take competent ranged down....and disengaging and coming back in a more advantageous circumstance is not possible or viable much of the time. Can we be brutal in certain situations? Yes, but those situations are very rare these days.

We already have issues with skanks, and with the tank changes coming in 5.9.2, I think healer/tank combos will be even more viable than they are now, and that means trouble as those healers are going to better be able to keep the ranged dps alive that obliterates us (and even if we do take care of things, then the OP defenses of our opponents kick in).

As far as our DCDs and survivability, deflection and resilience definitely have great uses, but the removal of our 30% damage reduction on stun is a crippling nerf. The whole concept of glass cannon is that the glass cannon is a viable threat to burst someone down. I just don't feel like we infiltration shadows can do that and that there are more viable options out there. I would suspect a lot of peeps who still use infiltration may switch over to tank. Time will tell, I guess.

Edited by Kirtastropohe

knock down on spike to pay back the plethora of jugs now infesting most maps only being out numbered by mercs. Oh but it was bad when we knocked peeps down but perfectly fine for jugs to throw halfway across the map and knock us down lame Dev's hypocrisy knows no bounds!

Next I want a fricken heal not some lame ^$%^ percentage of health that is worse than a stim! So if heal on dmg is good for merc and jug sign me up!

yeah if you did that though you take away merc and jugs I win button so not gone happen......BUT KNOCK DOWN ON SPIKE SHOULD BE BROUGHT or turn jugs throw into a stun fair is fair!

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

Poor troll attempt or mental illness?

I'd also love to see some love to Hatred/Serenity. I dunno about the damage but they either need range on Death Field/spread dots with Death Filed back or slight dcd buff.

I've never followed what logic drives the devs applying these changes to our class since PW was removed.:mad:

Edited by zhezvya

they just dumbed sins down completely.

deceptions force management is a joke aka it doesnt exist anymore. just maul and u get everything on 100% uptime (blackout was 10 times better than this ****).

it has good sustained damage but from a pvp point of view its burst is just §&$§&.

removal of phasewalk didnt make any sense at all as they said they removed it cuz sin was too mobile but they buffed force speeds cooldown at the same time omegalul?

removal of crushing darkness and force lightning took a bunch of skill away too so now u just mostly spam damage abilities without any diversity or tactics in ur play.

just reintroduce those abilities ffs...u could even help hatred idk maybe if u use blackout the range of ur next deathfield and eradicate get increased by 20m or something...just add some knowledge to the classes again.

as for deception ik reintroduced force management would drop overall dps in pve so just increase the damage of some abilities like DISCHARGE and/or ball lightning and/or maul....would also help in pvp rly.

they just dumbed sins down completely.

deceptions force management is a joke aka it doesnt exist anymore. just maul and u get everything on 100% uptime (blackout was 10 times better than this ****).

it has good sustained damage but from a pvp point of view its burst is just §&$§&.

removal of phasewalk didnt make any sense at all as they said they removed it cuz sin was too mobile but they buffed force speeds cooldown at the same time omegalul?

removal of crushing darkness and force lightning took a bunch of skill away too so now u just mostly spam damage abilities without any diversity or tactics in ur play.

+

I really miss crushing darkness combo. :confused:

Rumors? Thoughts? Any way they could have a spec that gimps defense for increased damage?

I missed the awesome sin days when I could't play. I guess they aint coming back?

We all crave things we can't have, what I want is illegal in 45 states, and If I mentioned it here I would get a permaban.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

"That's it man, game over man, game over"

• 3 weeks later...
The survivability of dps sins/shadows have seems to have decreased some since 5.0 came out. But....I've seen plenty of both in pvp last longer then others. Seems more a play-style and knowing the spec more then anything. I main a sin tank and soloed a serenity shadow the other day in a Civil War match, twice. That may have been a gear thing.

How so?

Deflection is one of the worst DCD around: doesn’t protect against yellow damage and just has a 50% chance vs white. Lasts for 6 sec and has huge cd.

Entropic Field and Dark Embrace? Just a % of DR and you have to hit to keep it up.

Force Cloak? Sure, if you are good AND you manage to avoid possibile aoe effects like damage and taunts you can go hide somewhere safe and regen, meanwhile you are out of the fight and if you play TR/regs this means that your team is playing with one less.

This leaves us with 60% DR on Force Speed due to an utility. It is good, but it’s not a solid and reliable DCD.

The problem is that other classes like Jugg, Mara, Merc, etc have reliable DCDs that let them stay in the fight and not be punished. for that.

We’re only behind PTs in term of bad DCDs.

Deflection is one of the worst DCD around: doesn’t protect against yellow damage and just has a 50% chance vs white. Lasts for 6 sec and has huge cd.

Entropic Field and Dark Embrace? Just a % of DR and you have to hit to keep it up.

Force Cloak? Sure, if you are good AND you manage to avoid possibile aoe effects like damage and taunts you can go hide somewhere safe and regen, meanwhile you are out of the fight and if you play TR/regs this means that your team is playing with one less.

This leaves us with 60% DR on Force Speed due to an utility. It is good, but it’s not a solid and reliable DCD.

The problem is that other classes like Jugg, Mara, Merc, etc have reliable DCDs that let them stay in the fight and not be punished. for that.

We’re only behind PTs in term of bad DCDs.

So we're just going to ignore Force Shroud all together? Complete resist for Force/Tech for 3 (5 utility) is extremely strong and can negate significant parts of big burst rotations from certain classes. Not to mention cleansing dots, making it one of the few abilities that can actually cleanse dots from other players.

Deflection is incredibly useful versus Melee/Ranged damage, sure that makes it somewhat situational (won't do any good versus sorcs for instance), but it's essentially just Saber Ward without the force/tech protection in return for a lower cooldown. It lasts 12 seconds by the way, not 6, (that's the duration of the Dark Stability utility, granting 6 seconds of CC immunity). So it lasts the same duration as Saber Ward, but with 2/3 of the cooldown.

As for Entropic Field and Dark Embrace, you can easily keep those up pretty much always, affording Deception quite high passive damage reduction.

Force Speed is a ridiculously OP cooldown, granting 60% reduced damage every 15 seconds is very strong, amazing versus predictable burst. I would trade Invincible for Force Speed (just the defense effect even) any day, and that's a tank exclusive cooldown.

And lastly slteathout, if you're popped out of combat a lot, consider taking Shroud of Madness or popping Shroud as you go, significantly raises the chances of you succesfully leaving the area to heal up and come back in the fight with full health.

Honestly if they just bring back DR while stunned to sins, Deception will be absolutely fine with defensives for both PvE and PvP (as they were before they changed Formless Phantom) and you'll be seeing a lot more of them in solo ranked again.

Edited by AdjeYo

Rumors? Thoughts? Any way they could have a spec that gimps defense for increased damage?

I missed the awesome sin days when I could't play. I guess they aint coming back?

I agree, look at Merc for example. It has powerful dcd's plus healing capabilities plus Ars has a lot of burst and IO is just strong as well, Dueling a Merc as a Sin shouldn't feel like a futile effort. I hope they either buff Sin dcd's or make deception have some better survivability or have hatred heal more or less if they can buff the damage. Sin now reminds me of what they did to Sorc a while back after it was really great then got nerfed practically to the bottom and has slowly been making its way back. So that brings me some hope for Sin, but also looking at parses on parsley brings me some hope of Sin either getting some dcd buffs or just getting something to help it survive better.