Raid Loot RNG?

I've had this discussion with a few people who are constantly PO'd about not getting the right loot in raids, due to not being able to roll on token pieces. I've only been in one raid and I did notice that there's no roll, the system just gives someone who can use the token said token.

What I wonder, and what I've been fighting with a friend over, is whether or not BioWare is using RNG to decide who gets the loot? I would imagine that they do use RNG, even though my friend insists that because she got t2 boots and a guardian got the t2 mainhand immediately after, that it was not RNG. More that it just gave someone the loot and someone else other loot if they got nothing.

I've been sorting through developer diaries and even trying to look through to see if theres samples of coding used in tOR (I'm a programmer so I can generally read the stuff) to try and discover whether or not it's RNG.

Thoughts? Comments?

I've had this discussion with a few people who are constantly PO'd about not getting the right loot in raids, due to not being able to roll on token pieces. I've only been in one raid and I did notice that there's no roll, the system just gives someone who can use the token said token.

What I wonder, and what I've been fighting with a friend over, is whether or not BioWare is using RNG to decide who gets the loot? I would imagine that they do use RNG, even though my friend insists that because she got t2 boots and a guardian got the t2 mainhand immediately after, that it was not RNG. More that it just gave someone the loot and someone else other loot if they got nothing.

I've been sorting through developer diaries and even trying to look through to see if theres samples of coding used in tOR (I'm a programmer so I can generally read the stuff) to try and discover whether or not it's RNG.

Thoughts? Comments?

Up till this patch Master Looter was broken. I have not raided since and it was suppose to be fixed this patch so we are in wait and see mode.

Yes we know there is not roll. Some of our guild raid groups have taken to rolling real dice LOL. Most of us just ask for links for people that can use and it goes to the one that it can upgrade the most.

We are for the most part all adults and mature about it.

But there is a lot of room for improvement on loot and all with the game.

Wait what? How do you roll real dice? Even when the loot isn't assigned to Master Looter the game just seems to automatically hand out token loot in EV and KP, regardless of who opens the chest. How the heck do you guys get it to assign the loot to the people who win it? o_O

In normal mode it assigns loot. In HM it is all unassigned. This is where it comes into picking who gets the item.

But since Master looter is Fubared still then FFA is all we use so we tell the item and the people that can need on it or if it is intended for 1 person all will pass but that one need. It is a guild honor thing how we do loot.

Believe me there is a ton of loot weekly. Now with the weekly quests given up 20coms it just makes gear flow so much faster now. That you will be fully geared before they release the next raid content in March.

Yeah, not sure why normal mode just randomly hands out loot. HMs and NM modes you roll for the loot. When we were still doing normal usually one person would get most of the loot for that evening and it totally ignored specs etc. So I don't understand why they just don't make normal the same as the other modes, less frustration that way.