Personal Area Flashlight with Cooldown like the one in Kaon Under Siege

I would pay cartel coins for a personal Area flashlight that could be activated in dark area for a period of time and goes on CD... some of the instance are just too dark for me to see and I don't want to change my graphical settings as it lessens the look of realism in the game...

• 1 month later...
I like the idea too but I'm curious----where would you use it? Aside from Kaon I can only think of the Rakghoul tunnels.

There are a few places that are pretty dark where it might be helpful, especially for those with vision challenges. The one that I think of first is the part of the Nathema flashpoint where you go through the cave and the tunnels before the final fight sequences. It can be dark. The rakghoul tunnels, as you said. Chapter 7 of KOTET in the sanitarium springs to mind. The swamps in KOTFE.

It also could be helpful in some areas where it's not necessarily very dark but a lot of dark colors dominate the landscape, like the Dark Temple on Dromund Kaas and the Rakata and Voss temples.

I always have to run my gamma at max. A floating light tool would really help me turn that down a bit and still see what's happening. It would also add some ambiance to the locations.

Thinking about it, this is the only MMO I've played much that doesn't have a built-in themed light source for toons.

Edited by Xina_LA

I like the idea too but I'm curious----where would you use it? Aside from Kaon I can only think of the Rakghoul tunnels.

The "provided" ones also exist in Blood Hunt and the instanced area of the CZ-198 daily areas, but there are some pretty gloomy areas in Imp Taris, and even one small area in the part of Coruscant where the Trooper goes to deactivate the nerve gas.

• 3 weeks later...
The "provided" ones also exist in Blood Hunt and the instanced area of the CZ-198 daily areas, but there are some pretty gloomy areas in Imp Taris, and even one small area in the part of Coruscant where the Trooper goes to deactivate the nerve gas.

all darker instances some instances are darker in lighting and others are lighter in the same instance

Only Qued Warzone provide a bright enough area for me to see everything, however that is PvP, in PvE we are not hurting anyones advantage when trying to see what it is that we are trying to accomplish. The conal view is fine and if Cool down is the only way to consider it that is better than nothing at all

I agree with this post in full. Even just exploring the dark corners of the game to see all the detail put in would be enough reason for a utility or toy that worked like the light probes.

Theoretika is literally the only place I could think of needing it.

And that area already has a flashlight probe

• 1 month later...

Now see why can't you say that about my other post, sometimes I have a tough time elaborating my information due to my asperger's, but i am sure that this game could have some AMAZING potential if we can get our devs to think outside the box!!!

I agree with this post in full. Even just exploring the dark corners of the game to see all the detail put in would be enough reason for a utility or toy that worked like the light probes.

And that area already has a flashlight probe

• 8 months later...
I must be the only the one but....

the ingame light droids never work for me... or rather they do work - for all of 5 seconds - and then turn off.

If you are referring to the one in the flashpoints that is true. It has a CD timer and does leave after a bit. However, we are referring to a permanent one that can be bought and activated at leisure. Like an emote. This way darker instances can be illuminated at will wherever a character decides to explore the galaxy.

And if you would like to comment or counter comment please visit the following thread below as its been infected by keeping standards in the game as they are and not making or impacting change in any way...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9834309#post9834309

• 1 month later...
For those who may not realize this, there is a SH decoration called Illumination Probe Crate that gives you a personal probe light to use while in that stronghold. I have one in my Yavin SH right before you enter the cave area (which is poorly lit). The deco used to drop from the Blood Hunt FP, not sure if it does anymore.

Thank you for this

Although I meant one that can be used in all of SWTOR universe... but that may not occur as some instances are dark on purpose to cause a difficulty affect.

For those who may not realize this, there is a SH decoration called Illumination Probe Crate that gives you a personal probe light to use while in that stronghold. I have one in my Yavin SH right before you enter the cave area (which is poorly lit). The deco used to drop from the Blood Hunt FP, not sure if it does anymore.

it doesn't drop anymore, been missing for a while, not sure if they are bringing it back, or why it stopped dropping :(

Unfortunately there seems to others too, wish they would fix the drops and bring them back