Fresh 50..How do I gear up?

Darth_Derek

Hey guys, I am a fresh 50 and new too swtor. I have been looking but unforunatly have not found a guild that runs the begginer raids so I can geared up to go to tfb.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to gear up for pvp?

I have heard that I need to grind Black hole comms just for boots then get the mods and put them on the other equipment...is this true?? Any help that anyone can give would be much apperciated.

As a beginer I would suggest you to take the free Recruit gear. Very useful for PVP and PVE as well. With this stuff you can do the early Flashpoint in hard mode.

If you play 80% of the time in PVP, I would suggest you to grind the maximum amount of ranked commendation and pvp commendation and grab the war hero weapon first then the relics and implant.

After having those five war hero pieces, you can, in parallele run the dailies/weekly of Corellia/Illum/Belsavis which will help you a lot in optimizing your gear. (the goal in PVP is too have everything in war hero except the belt and armband in black hole )

After Recruit get some battlemaster gear and from there war hero.

Assuming you are 90% pvp, you can have full battlemaster in a matter of week, and your war hero set in a month (faster with a guild). Besides this, if you have war hero gear you can easily go in hard mode operations (except Denova/TFB)

Any advice on gearing up to be able to do tfb? Thanks for the information btw

do it "the hard way"... either You PvP to 50 and get those RWZ commendations and buy yourself a decent weapon right away, then you grind columni, then rakata, then black Hole, and so on and so on. TFB HM requires full or near full campaign, or so I'm told. If your guild does gear runs, join them and get the loot needed

If you have lots of level 50 characters and want to gear up another, you can farm BH commendations on all of them and then buy legacy gear and buy BH armor and rip the mods out, placing it in the legacy gear, then send it to your character. Our guild master did this for his Powertech, he hasn't hit 50 yet on it I think, but when he does, a fully 61 modded gear set awaits him :) This method requires lots of money and at least 2 level 50's to be somewhat fast.

If this is your first character, you need to do it the hard way.