Rolling need on boss loot for companions

If your a tank using a healer companion your leveling far far slower then a tank using a DPS companion just saying....

Your opinion on what companions to use it is just that, your opinion. Don't go spouting it out as if its the bible of how to play or putting other players down because they are not doing what you do.

You're right, it is my opinion and I shouldn't have acted like it was fact. One thing is clear to me though from my time playing as a tank is that having my healer companion with me means less time having to do my ooc heal and I have a better chance of surviving a boss encounter. So to me it means more active playtime and less repairs. I guess I was frustrated because he was acting like Vette is SO important to a jugg, and he should be able to need roll all he wants to because in his opinion other AC's don't need their companions as much. Which is blatently false, there isn't one AC out there that is so OP that they don't need a companion with them to do SP quests.

I think we all agree that a 'Need for Companion' button, with priority bellow Need and above greed, would fix this whole situation.

If they added another button for a companion roll, that would be alright. Except everyone would click that one, because everyone has 5 companions, so most likely they will want it too. And people will just say its for their companion when really they will sell it at the next medical droid. So, we wouldn't need another greed roll.

It's bad enough that we will assume when you need on something for offset, that you actually are building an offset and not just selling it like we all know you do. But we will not add an extra companion element to our false hopes of not being taken for granted.

A need for companion button would be equivalent to a greed button.

When you get to 50 will you need to gear your companion for any end-game content...no. There's not point to need for companions since they are companions!!! Or like others say: Pets that equip items!

I'm sorry but just greed like anyone else and if you get it then great! It gives everyone a fair chance to get that drop for credits.

Someone mention about stating the rules and I agree. Best way to settle it from the beginning :)