Vote for rollback : Yes or no?

MetisBoi

no but like another guy said, valor 60 and orange item ftw.

so they just have to wait for daily and weekly for Grand champion bag because they have already all the valor they needed to in 1 or 2 day.

when us, republic, need more than 2 week to go to this level

While you are correct that we don't have numbers so we don't know how bad the damage really is you are failing to note one point here:

It doesn't matter if they would have the same valor in two weeks, because having it now means their gear is much better now which means when they go into PvP against the people who didn't benefit they have a much greater chance of winning (which means the other players lose, which stunts their valor gain) and gives these people more gear and the problem compounds on itself.

The fact is if this only effected these people, nobody would really care. BUT significantly accelerating the gear acquisition rate of a select number of players negatively impacts everyone (a much larger pool of players, I'm sure you would agree) who participates either in World PvP or Warzones with these players who did not benefit from that exact gear acceleration.

I quite agree with this, of course. This would be a bad thing for the playerbase as a whole, however, only if the situation is as bad as is being claimed, which we honestly have no clue about. If the reality is that the amount of people with 'tons of valors' is, on the whole, insignificant, what is the point of rollbacks? That makes it so difficult. If indeed there is any risk of pvp gearing balance being jeopardized, then I'm all for a roll-back. However, without any indication on how big the problem actually is, I for one honestly can't say yes or no to it.

Furthermore, it would be wise to look at it on a server-per-server basis. On my server we barely had enough reps to complete a daily, let alone even think of farming. When I first read the posts here I was thoroughly confused what was going on. Rollbacking on our server therefore would be, if I am correct (and I may not be) 100% unnecessary and affecting players who didn't even know this whole 'exploit' was going on in the first place.

My biggest issue is that faction imbalance will remain an issue that will poison the system in the way you described: imperials are bound to simply gain more valor than reps ever will, certainly in Ilum, with or without aoe-campfests. A rollback now is a band-aid, I'd rather have a more permanent solution (possibly coupled with a roll-back).

Edited by Bludjinni

I vote Yes

I play Imp. I went from valor 50 to 52 in about 20minutes just doing my daily to kill 30 rep. That is ridiculous.

I'm surprised how many fail ideas I've read on how to fix this. Seems the player base is just as stupid as Bioware.

Take 5 seconds, let your brain start working again. I know it's been fried from grinding on this game and lack of education (perhaps your parents sucked too).

Simple Fix...

Cap valor gains for today at some arbitrary number, say 10,000 valor? Anyone who gained more than that it gets wiped. That way the folks who legit played or who were doing their dailies still get some valor.

Anyone who legit got more than that would have had to been playing warzones for 12 hours straight and winning them all back to back. So maybe 1 guy gets pissed and this whole mess gets sorted out.

P.S. I did unsub over this. Call me QQ or whatever, but I was already getting bored at lvl 50 doing nothing but huttball over and over. I had hopes for open world PVP, but this company obviously has no clue how to implement patches or manage PVP.

Release patch 1 day before our actual subscriptions are supposed to start/be charged? Coincidence... nope! They care about one thing. Not ruining Star Wars? NOPE!

Answer: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Edited by msatchmo

/agree

There is more issues than there where roll it back Bioware.. Change everything back the way it was. You guys messed up everything raised gear prizes killed Ilum made you pretty much pissed off everyone that pvps grats