Is this a cruel joke? - Character Transfers

FurryGenesis

BioWare failed yet again..

The failure is in people not showing patience and instead flying off the handle and throwing tanturms like a bunch of 5yr olds who didn't get that toy when Mom went shopping...sheesh

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The population on fatman is already what the player base of the game is - its like 80% of the American pvp community as far as east coast goes - they have ALREADY rolled onto fatman to play now they are just bringing their other toons over to stay

The queues are only at prime time at night and take like 5 minutes if that...and im sure the cap will be raised as they stated they could

What the hell Bioware. Why couldn't they give us the name of the servers that were going to be able to transfer first? I took a day off work thinking I was going to be able to transfer. How hard could it be to simply list the 4 freaking NA servers that were going to get transfers a week in advance. Seriously, there better be more severs allowed to transfer before the day is up.

I'm starting with you because you "took a day off work" hoping you could transfer a character on a game. Seriously? The transfer would have been there when you got off work lol.

This one is for everyone... hypothetical for you here. Say BioWare allows every server to transfer to and from. Then suddenly amidst all these transfers there's a nice big bug in the system. Uh oh... you can't play. Your characters are in limbo. You have absolutely no control over it and you can't play the game. Then what? You'd all be QQing about how BioWare couldn't predict that a bug would screw up the game for you today and for god knows how long in the future.

Its better to err on the side of caution people. This is just the beginning. More servers will eventually be open for transfer from and to. I, for one, would rather they get it right the first time and make sure there are absolutely no bugs in the system than get it completely wrong and bug out the entire game. So in the coming days if there does end up being something buggy my ten bucks is on every QQer in this thread, QQing about how they messed up on the transfers rather than not having somewhere to transfer to.

Count your blessings if that ends up being the case because you won't have ended up one of the statistics of unhappy people unable to play the game at all. Seriously SWTOR players QQ more than any MMO players I've ever seen. So chill out, be patient and honestly... hope they got it right the first time. Lord knows all you guys need is another reason to QQ.

I'm starting with you because you "took a day off work" hoping you could transfer a character on a game. Seriously? The transfer would have been there when you got off work lol.

This one is for everyone... hypothetical for you here. Say BioWare allows every server to transfer to and from. Then suddenly amidst all these transfers there's a nice big bug in the system. Uh oh... you can't play. Your characters are in limbo. You have absolutely no control over it and you can't play the game. Then what? You'd all be QQing about how BioWare couldn't predict that a bug would screw up the game for you today and for god knows how long in the future.

Its better to err on the side of caution people. This is just the beginning. More servers will eventually be open for transfer from and to. I, for one, would rather they get it right the first time and make sure there are absolutely no bugs in the system than get it completely wrong and bug out the entire game. So in the coming days if there does end up being something buggy my ten bucks is on every QQer in this thread, QQing about how they messed up on the transfers rather than not having somewhere to transfer to.

Count your blessings if that ends up being the case because you won't have ended up one of the statistics of unhappy people unable to play the game at all. Seriously SWTOR players QQ more than any MMO players I've ever seen. So chill out, be patient and honestly... hope they got it right the first time. Lord knows all you guys need is another reason to QQ.

You don't get it, it's about the amount of time and money we've all wasted waiting on these transfers. The product is faulty, it does not offer what it claims to. No excuses, the way in which they have handled this is abysmal. From customer satisfaction to informing the community.

Edited by CaptFalc

You don't get it, it's about the amount of time and money we've all wasted waiting on these transfers. The product is faulty, it does not offer what it claims to. No excuses, the way in which they have handled this is abysmal. From customer satisfaction to informing the community.

So let me get this straight.... you'd rather them be reckless and possibly end up costing you MORE money and time? You can't be patient for a week or a few days? It's all about "I wan it now, now, now" am I right? Seriously if you want everything easy and immediate, go play WoW. I have my issues with the game like everyone else but I also understand the caution given their past mistakes. And I also understand it's a new game and them being new to the MMO genre. I'm a Vanilla WoW player and if you think there wasn't a bunch of faults with that game way back then, think again. I don't know if you personally played back then or not but I'm just using it as an example. I get it just fine but maybe people should be happy they're trying to make sure the system works first before screwing over the entire community if it doesn't work. Because if it isn't working right now and you end up in limbo, as I stated above, your so called wasted time and money will grow exponentially and then you'll be here QQing about their incompetence, etc... etc... etc... Have some patience FFS.

No..... YOU don't get it. BW is doing what's right and NOT rushing things because someone wants to qq yet again because it's not happening THEIR way. Relax, we will all get our turn. ** and yes, I spent a lot of money for this transfer too ( I spent 400k, I really did NOT want to spend, on another storage bay to pull everything I had for sale off of the GTN and out of my mailbox. ) Am I upset about it? Do I even know for sure if I will be a server allowed to transfer? No. But it's ok.... better safe than sorry. Try looking for the positive instead of the negative in these situations.

Edited by SiThEnErGyFoRcE

This is a cruel joke..... I have 2 upper lvl characters that I would love to pvp with and do warzones with, but my server is to light these days to pvp at all. And warzones take nearly 40 minutes to que due to lack of people and just because my server in not on that list I can't move anything. So ridiculous. Maybe it is a test, but really?

This is a cruel joke..... I have 2 upper lvl characters that I would love to pvp with and do warzones with, but my server is to light these days to pvp at all. And warzones take nearly 40 minutes to que due to lack of people and just because my server in not on that list I can't move anything. So ridiculous. Maybe it is a test, but really?

Really should consider yourself lucky, at least you get a queue. Half the servers are dead enough that you can't get a queue anymore until 6-8pm where there is only 1 game running.

i am not sure if i can name other games or comapnies here, but this is far from "abysmal" ... not saying it's good, but if you had experienced another "star" themed online game and had suffered the customer support, feedback response and general incompetence over there, this here looks like a day at the beach.

i am not sure if i can name other games or comapnies here, but this is far from "abysmal" ... not saying it's good, but if you had experienced another "star" themed online game and had suffered the customer support, feedback response and general incompetence over there, this here looks like a day at the beach.

It's funny how everyone keeps lowering and lowering their standards for EA/Bioware. Didn't know it could get any lower. How they got away with this and still have the amount of subs they do, is a miracle. (By got away I mean the whole time from launch till now, not just these xfers).

It's funny how everyone keeps lowering and lowering their standards for EA/Bioware. Didn't know it could get any lower. How they got away with this and still have the amount of subs they do, is a miracle. (By got away I mean the whole time from launch till now, not just these xfers).

just saying, i experienced worse than this ...

i am as disappointed as many others my server isn't among the first to transfer, since Saber of Exar Kun is dead as disco, but so far they did exactly what they said hey would do.

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

In a previous Community Q&A we talked about character transfers, and announced that they were coming in early summer. Character transfers are a complex process, but we're almost ready to go. Starting next week on June 12th, 2012, we’re allowing character transfers to occur between selected servers in order to provide a better gameplay experience for our players by ensuring population balance across the service.

allowing character transfers to occur between selected servers

transfers to occur between selected servers

between selected servers

selected servers.

If you've been expecting every server to have it enabled from Day 1, you haven't been paying attention. Also, to anyone who's complaining there's only 30 people on the fleet. Suck it up. I play on an NA server and desperately want to move to an EU server since the clan I followed here dried up, and I can;t play in my own territory anymore. Our peak number of users on the imperial fleet is on average about 15, immediately before a scheduled guild run on an operation. On average we see 3-4 players online, and I'm usually the only player on a world when I attempt it. I know my server won't be first, I know what's on offer won't let me cross the pond, and instead of complaining that SWTOR has failed me and that the game has lost me, I'm patiently waiting until the service is fully rolled out and I can see what kind of options a server like mine has for someone in my position once the transfer system is /fully deployed/.

That said, if I have no option to leave NA servers later, I'll be hugely disappointed, but I don't see the need to start whining when the process is still underway. Have some patience everyone, This wasn't going to be some instant fix-all, and they told you how this was going to work anyway.

Edited by ShinLunaAzure

So let me get this straight.... you'd rather them be reckless and possibly end up costing you MORE money and time? You can't be patient for a week or a few days? It's all about "I wan it now, now, now" am I right? Seriously if you want everything easy and immediate, go play WoW. I have my issues with the game like everyone else but I also understand the caution given their past mistakes. And I also understand it's a new game and them being new to the MMO genre. I'm a Vanilla WoW player and if you think there wasn't a bunch of faults with that game way back then, think again. I don't know if you personally played back then or not but I'm just using it as an example. I get it just fine but maybe people should be happy they're trying to make sure the system works first before screwing over the entire community if it doesn't work. Because if it isn't working right now and you end up in limbo, as I stated above, your so called wasted time and money will grow exponentially and then you'll be here QQing about their incompetence, etc... etc... etc... Have some patience FFS.

Firstly a week or a few days? You talk as if this is only been a problem today. I have been waiting for months with this issue.

I have no care for WoW or how they handled issues, however it must be noted that they still dealt with issues promptly. Regardless of your opinion i'm paying for a broken service, why I pay waiting for them to fix a service makes no logical sense.

No..... YOU don't get it. BW is doing what's right and NOT rushing things because someone wants to qq yet again because it's not happening THEIR way. Relax, we will all get our turn. ** and yes, I spent a lot of money for this transfer too ( I spent 400k, I really did NOT want to spend, on another storage bay to pull everything I had for sale off of the GTN and out of my mailbox. ) Am I upset about it? Do I even know for sure if I will be a server allowed to transfer? No. But it's ok.... better safe than sorry. Try looking for the positive instead of the negative in these situations.

Not in game credits you fool, real money. The one BioWare takes from your bank account each month while you wait on the fleet twiddling your thumbs just hoping character transfer will come.

I have no personal vendetta, IfI could have transferred today I would have been happy I'm on a populated server but I'm not content with the way in which Bioware has dealt with this. At the end of the day this is a product, if i was buying a product off the high street and it was faulty or misleading I would take it back. The same thing applies here, you don't pay for a faulty product, that is what Bioware has here.

For once they're being sensible.... unlike when they rushed to open a bunch of servers they didn't need because ppl screamed they couldn't wait in a Q for 4 minutes (ok I know it was 4 hours on a few servers but most wait times were very short). Lets hope this time they stick to their plans and don't knee jerk re-act to an unpleasable minority or it will be a car crash for sure. :rolleyes:

Is this thread a cruel Joke? Seriously, I would rather BioWare take its time and get it right rather then rush forward willy nilly and cause tons of problems. Will we lose some? Yes. But I guarantee we would lose more (like me) if they just popped it out and screwed up royally.

In the immortal words of Yoda. "Control, control. You MUST learn control."

I'm guessing they're raising the overall server capacities. And it does make sense they will fill up the most heavily populated servers first (Tomb of Freedon Nadd is also a destination for the first transfers), because they can drop them from the list of servers to populate then.

this makes no sense. there are already queues to login on jedi covanent. the server IS full and thriving. bioware stated very clearly that their intention was to balance servers, not pad a couple. well...I see one destination that certainly DOES NOT BALANCE ANYTHING. but hey, good for you if you get onto an active server from your ghost server.

as for me, seeya later subscription. ta ta tor. bye bye bioware.

(oh, and you can remove the customer service "new ticket alert" that's been flashing for 2 weeks on all my toons too)

Shh... they probably want to test it first to see if it works smoothly, hence only the 10 servers. Imagine if there's a bug in the transfer process and they implement it on all servers...

Stop making up excuses for them. If they were worried about problems then they would have done only 1 server.

They know exactly what they are doing. They are milking people for subs to wait for transfers.

Stop making up excuses for them. If they were worried about problems then they would have done only 1 server.

They know exactly what they are doing. They are milking people for subs to wait for transfers.

This is total lol-fest. They're worried about problems obviously but if they did only one server there would be an insane amount of qqing. Even more than there already is. Which is probably why they're using the low pop to very high pop transfers. I definitely dont agree with Fatman and Jedi Covenant transfers but they're probably using those for people to be happy they're going to a higher pop server rather than medium so that if there IS a problem they're comforted by the fact that when it's worked out they have people to play with. They ARE being manipulative but not in the way you seem to think they are.

It must be the masochist in me that draws me back to these forums....Most of you guys need to stop being mummies special little treasure and grow up!

BW are STARTING to deliver what they have promised (albeit IMHO a couple of months too late) and doing it in a sensible systematic manner...let them get on with it.

I have to admit I was diappointed when I didn't see my dead server on the list but hey it will appear there one day soon.

I am seriously pissed off that BioWare has made such a mockery of it's customer's requests. This is ridiculous. And I won't even get into the fact that none of the RP servers, which are just as desolate as most of the rest, didn't even get any attention from BioWare. This is absolutely, beyond a doubt, the stupidest thing I have seen BioWare do to date.

Well, if you play on EU RP-PvP you are screwed. No transfers for you. Sorry.

That's how Bioware provides a PREMIUM SERVICE.

Anyone else figure out what they are doing here? :rolleyes:

They pick this "free" transfer for you, you dont get to pick where you go AT ALL.... THEN you get to PAY them to move where you want when they rolll paid xfers out.

Very cute Bioware, its really all about the money isnt it.