BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no clue what what you expect to get?

You want Mandos to turn into some freakin OP super gunner.

Gunnery currently matches and even surpasses the Marksman Dmg on live and targets drop much faster.

(Im the best sniper/slinger on my server, and i just rolled commando)

And your top PvP rateds teams: how many DPS commando/mercs do they run? We can check back again when 2.0 is live but I'll bet none of the strong teams bring a DPS commando to rateds.

TANGENT: Anyone wanna give odds that the Season 1 champion uses a DPS commando/merc in the final match? How about in any match?

#OP #commando #fotm

http://i.imgur.com/T9vfAE8.jpg

so, to summarize:

when in a pug match where:

• your team clearly outmatches the other team (100:0 score)
  • where no one is pressuring you (2374 heal)
  • you have pocket healers (2374 heal, no deaths)
  • enemies keep coming at defended node to let you hit them (per your DPS, which would have gone down if you had to mobilize to defend)
  • and your biggest hit is 4817
  • you can squeeze out barely over 500k dmg

clearly OP and FOTM worthy. i don't know what BW was thinking.

And your top PvP rateds teams: how many DPS commando/mercs do they run? We can check back again when 2.0 is live but I'll bet none of the strong teams bring a DPS commando to rateds.

TANGENT: Anyone wanna give odds that the Season 1 champion uses a DPS commando/merc in the final match? How about in any match?

Hell no. On the offchance it actually happens that person would be owed all the money if they bet zero credits. Thems not good odds my friend.

Hey im mvp have been using icressi on his merc quiet a few times recently, and he's been topping dmg ;)

I'm not saying commandos are fine or balanced, just sayian' :p

Hey im mvp have been using icressi on his merc quiet a few times recently, and he's been topping dmg ;)

I'm not saying commandos are fine or balanced, just sayian' :p

Hah. I've been watching their streams. They're playing around with all sorts of classes right now, but listening to them speak (and Icressi rage when gets inevitably focused), I really REALLY doubt they consider a merc 'optimal' lol.

And I know you're not saying that, but most of the good PvP mercs/commandos in this thread can and DO run ranked, even if often we're just a 'we need an 8th, who the heck shall we try?' oddball pick, despite representing the best our respective servers have to offer for our class. What we'd like is for the class to be balanced with those optimal obvious picks.

Edited by Jherad

Hah. I've been watching their streams. They're playing around with all sorts of classes right now, but listening to them speak (and Icressi rage when gets inevitably focused), I really REALLY doubt they consider a merc 'optimal' lol.

And I know you're not saying that, but most of the good PvP mercs/commandos in this thread can and DO run ranked, even if often we're just a 'we need an 8th, who the heck shall we try?' oddball pick, despite representing the best our respective servers have to offer for our class. What we'd like is for the class to be balanced with those optimal obvious picks.

this. ive done RWZ on a Merc, and done very well. the difference being that i would have done even better had i been playing say sniper. and then my teammates would not have to peel for me so frequently.

Bioware won't fix them because...they simply don't know how. It's been over a year and there's been no movement on this.

It's not that they're unwilling, they're unable...which is a far worse scenario.

Bioware won't fix them because...they simply don't know how. It's been over a year and there's been no movement on this.

It's not that they're unwilling, they're unable...which is a far worse scenario.

I fear this is true.

How come when it comes to trooper nerfs they are all for the big change (cutting plasma cell in half), but when it comes to buffs they believe in tiny baby step change =(

I'm thinking about maining my merc for 2.0 and walking around saying "Haters gonna hate." all the time when people complain about me queuing. Then just saying "Hater" every time someone jumps me in a warzone. Can I key bind that?

I'm thinking about maining my merc for 2.0 and walking around saying "Haters gonna hate." all the time when people complain about me queuing. Then just saying "Hater" every time someone jumps me in a warzone. Can I key bind that?

Cant keybind it but if you have a good mouse or keyboard you can certainly macro it.

I fear this is true.

How come when it comes to trooper nerfs they are all for the big change (cutting plasma cell in half), but when it comes to buffs they believe in tiny baby step change =(

Don't look at it as big change little change, look at it as effective change.

Was cutting plasma cell in half effective? No. It was an ineffective change. With everything I've seen in 2.0, they've gutted the PT/Vanguards to the point where now it's go Tank (healer meatshield squad) or go home (they broke two of the three specs).

With the buffs they've put into place for the Merc/Comm...are those going to be effective? Heck no! When all is said and done, what did we really get? We got a slow...a slowing affect that applies a weak dot while letting the target move progressively faster, back to normal speed. This is ineffective. Under the best circumstance you're going to E-net your target and then try and unload on them. Your target is going to range interrupt or pop a defensive cooldown...all the while they are starting to move faster and will be fisting you mommentarily.

The buff, although small, is still ineffective.

I get where your coming from, just look changes being effective or ineffective. In both cases, they are ineffective.

Don't look at it as big change little change, look at it as effective change.

Was cutting plasma cell in half effective? No. It was an ineffective change. With everything I've seen in 2.0, they've gutted the PT/Vanguards to the point where now it's go Tank (healer meatshield squad) or go home (they broke two of the three specs).

The buff, although small, is still ineffective.

I get where your coming from, just look changes being effective or ineffective. In both cases, they are ineffective.

The nerf to plasma cell has me worried...that could be HUGE to me...it's unfortunate they don't seem to understand what the **** they're doing.

The nerf to plasma cell has me worried...that could be HUGE to me...it's unfortunate they don't seem to understand what the **** they're doing.

It is huge. From what I've seen PT/Vans have seen a SIGNIFICANT decrease in damage output.