Vanguard 2.0 Hutball Build

Capt_Beers

This is the build I was thinking of using for Huttball only once 2.0 drops.

This build is completely setup with scoring goals and stopping the enemy form scoring in mind, damage is not really a consideration.

The longer duration on Hold the Line, the passive speed boost from Battlefield Training, Reflexive Shield to make sure my shield is up as often as possible with some added damage reduction, AoE damage reduction as well as all damage reduced while stunned, increased End. and armor are all there to help me get from past the first fire pit and into the goal.

Everything else was done with utility to the team in mind. Shorter CD on Cryo Grenade and Harpoon for control, Static Field to lower damage from enemies, spammable slow on Gut, shorter CD on Riot Strike to help lock out healers.

I was also considering this one. Running Ion Cell for more damage reduction and the increased mobility from Storm while still keeping the increased duration on Hold the Line. However I lose the passive speed boost and AoE damage reduction as well as the reduction on all damage while stunned.

Opinions?

Yeah definitely a close call.

I like Storm because a lot of people don't expect a VG to leap at them so they aren't as wary of being leaped to when I have the ball. However the new Reflexive Shield ability looks pretty useful as well as the AoE damage reduction.Going with Storm would lose both of those as well as the passive speed boost. I would also have to get a shield. With the changes to shields in 2.0 it could make the AP/Shield hybrid pretty tough in HB.

The passive speed boost is kinda meh anyway. Giving up that for more mitigation from ion cell and storm is definitely worth it imo. And aoe damage in huttball isn't as big of a concern as other WZs as people are usually focus firing you more if you have the ball. This is just if you are planning on being solely a ball runner. If you are wanting to be able to dps the other one would be better. Kinda comes down to the ion cell one has better ball running utility while the high energy cell has better dps utility.

Edit: Also, these trees aren't updated with the new tactics nerfed they put in last pts patch just fyi. Not sure how that will change it up or make it different but just so you know.

Edited by Keypek