Not All Orange Gear is Equal

Bluejayoo

Interesting things happened last night.

I got an medium armor chest piece that was intended for a Smuggler class (cunning bonus, etc...).

I figured since its a medium armor piece that it should be the same as the medium armor orange Jedi robe I was wearing, and I was kind of tired of the robe.

So I took all the mods out of my robe and put them into the new;y acquired chest piece... But the stats were not the same. The armor value in particular was 30 points lower.

So apparently not all orange medium armor chest pieces are identical. Even within a particular slot and armor class, there is variation in the innate armor value. I am guessing if I had removed all the mods from both, the small amount of armor value on the piece would have been an indication, but I did not try that.

I am sure many of you knew this already, but I thought it was interesting enough to mention.

Edited by Bluejayoo

When this happens I pickup the item and move it to another slot in the inventory. This seems to refresh the stats and show the correct stuff. I have modded plenty orange armor designated for other classes/social and they are all mod dependent and identical.