Warzone PVP: Only for hardcore players?

Zalgred

I am a big fan of warzone pvp. I love the fact that i can queue my self while i keep questing with my friends, and most of the time, below lvl 50, is a lot of fun, cause despite the difference in lvl (ranges from lvl 10 to 49), teams are balanced and everyone can kill everyone.

My concern is for the lvl 50 bracket, where you see how ppl who is a casual pvp player who only wants to have fun gets annihilated by the hardcore players who have all the battlemaster gear with +600 expertise rating. Lets be honest, this is not fun and its very frustrating.

Right now if you hit lvl 50 and are a casual warzone pvp player, you better say goodbye to having fun at the matches, cause you will hit a huge wall called pvp gear, and if you don't have it, then you will suck at the match.

The difference of gear between a pve geared player and pvp geared player is abysmal, to the point that you will not kill anything on a 1 on 1 fight, not to mention that if the other side has a couple of troopers or consulars, or bounty hunters, inquisitors or agents, and they target you simultaneously you will die in a couple of seconds, and this is no fun at all.

PVP at lvl 50 should not be intended only for the hardcore players, who have all the gear and spend all day playing pvp matches.

There's a huge part of the community that is a causal pvp player, who likes to get into some player vs player action from time to time, but not enough to grind all the centurion, champion or battlemaster gear, so they will always be at a disadvantage against the haardcore players.

And the sad part is that once you hit lvl 50 you are screwed, you don't get to choose if you want or not to fight against the hardcore group of pvp players. The only option you have is to create a new alt and pvp with it, and let me tell ya that this can not be the option casual pvp players must take in other to keep doing warzones with our pve gear.

Something must be done about this, cause everyone though that separating the lvl 50's players was the best option for the lower lvls to be able to have fun in warzone matches, but the thing is that you need to separate those who are using the pvp gear from those who doesn't.

PVP between lvls 10 to 50 that don't have pvp gear is the same as lvls 1 to 49. Its not the lvl that makes the difference, its the gear.

I have nothing against hardcore pvp players, and i am happy for them because they will get the ranked system, and with it a lot of new challenges, but i am worried for those casual players that have no interest in getting the pvp gear, but they still want to enjoy some pvp action from time to time, and not feel completely useless against other players who have pvp gear with expertise rating.

Right now i had to create an alt to do pvp, because i just get to frustrated with my lvl 50 jedi guardian in the lvl 50 bracket, its no fun at all cause i cant kill anything and i can't protect anyone either, i am just to squishy against fully geared pvp sorcerer or bounty hunter (i have all lvl 50 purple gear, with rakata and columni stuff). I don't have the pvp gear, but not because i could not afford it, i have enough champion and centurion commendations, but i am pve player that does a lot of Flash Points and quests, etc. and i don't feel like having to use 15 inventory slots with the pvp gear just in case i decide to queue for a warzone.

This is something that must be addressed, or the pvp community will lose a lot of casual players.

The PvP community is losing both casual AND hardcore players, problem is...if you make PvP gear easily available to fresh 50's which it is anyway, you annoy the "hardcore" elitist PvPer's who had to work for their gear. If you make gear harder to obtain so the hardcore players are happier, you alienate the casuals.

My solution, play Pong. It's a very balanced game.

PvP in Gear-based games is ineivtably gear-based and it's more obvious because you can't pick the level of difficulty you face. The ranked warzone system is an attempt to get the higher tier players into their own bracket so the others have a chance to progress without getting facerolled.

at 50 getting champ gear takes a 4-5 hour commitment over a 3 or 4 day span and that is hardcore? please ****in cry more your tears power my solid gold jewel encrusted death star.

Grind grind grind... you are missing the point of the post.

The casual pvp player don't queue into matches to grind gear, they do it to have fun, but sadly when you hit lvl 50 you are being forced into a grinding system in order to be able to have fun again, cause you either do it and get the gear and so you can fight the pvp players that already have the gear, or you simple get into a frustrating clicle of being annihilated all the time.

The casual pvp player don't queue into matches to grind gear, they do it to have fun, but sadly when you hit lvl 50 you are being forced into a grinding system in order to be able to have fun again, cause you either do it and get the gear and so you can fight the pvp players that already have the gear, or you simple get into a frustrating clicle of being annihilated all the time.

A week of PvP isnt a "grind", its just progression.

Because of the OP Bioware now makes warhero gear in 1.2 require no rating..Because of the OP when this game goes free 2 play in 6 months Bioware will be sending everyone full warlord gear in the mailbox for paying your monthly sub. Welcome to Casual Wars.

at 50 getting champ gear takes a 4-5 hour commitment over a 3 or 4 day span and that is hardcore? please ****in cry more your tears power my solid gold jewel encrusted death star.

That's only if your super lucky with the bag drops... I have been playing just about every night for the past 3 weeks. I don't have a token yet. I have all the implants relics at champ level but no drops. I have full Centurion gear that's easy to ramp up to.

I don't like gear based pvp for this reason. People who have more time get better gear and gear > skill. That being said this game does a good job of making it a linear climb to the top. And the gap between the top geared players and fresh fifties is not that huge and can be overcome quickly. I think the only thing that has to be tweaked is the token drop rate. but that's for another post

BUT back on point... yes a fresh 50 starting pvp is going to get waxed. BUT not to the point of being 100% useless, although melee players are going to have the toughest time to start.

As you gain expertise you will be less squishy and feel more viable. The turning point is around 7% pvp bonus before you don't feel like your getting rolled but it's a short climb to 7%. I think most people average around 10-11% which is what is the plateau between full centurion and building champ gear.

If you are just playing pvp to mess around... then go ahead and mess around. But don't expect to be evenly matched with someone who plays to win or is in there with a team. And that has nothing to do with gear.

My concern is for the lvl 50 bracket, where you see how ppl who is a casual pvp player who only wants to have fun gets annihilated by the hardcore players who have all the battlemaster gear with +600 expertise rating. Lets be honest, this is not fun and its very frustrating.

Right now if you hit lvl 50 and are a casual warzone pvp player, you better say goodbye to having fun at the matches, cause you will hit a huge wall called pvp gear, and if you don't have it, then you will suck at the match.

actually you have no i idea about what you are talking. your problem would have been resolved in 3 days if you decided instead of posting such nonsense on the forums to do your dailies the weekly and a couple of extra wz. yes, in 3 days you have 1 champ item or 2 + a nearly full T1 set.

this is enough to compete well in the warzones.

actually i needed only 1 day because i already hat one bag ready + 1000/1000

commedations

Just another point about level 50 pvp (I'm a solo player)

I haven't counted but my gut tells me I win matches in the range of 33%-40% of the time. Heres the break down:

1) Sometimes my team is facing a pre-made or another team that simply out classes the team I'm on.

2) Sometimes my team is battling another team that's evenly matched and we win or loose a match that could have gone either way.

3) Sometimes I'm on the team that crushes the other team.

Scenario 2 happens most of the time. Scenario 1 happens more than Scenario 3. again these are "guess-tamations" but that's what it feels like. NO where near the huge gap in Warhammer pvp or Wow pvp. But this game is young and the gap will widen as the gear goes up.

Edited by Choffware

If you're losing now, it's because you're worse than the other team. Simple. Champion gear is very easy to get now, even casuals should be able to get it at a descent pace. No, the miniscule difference between champion and BM will not make a BM utterly annihilate you, unless.... GASP, he's better than you.

1) Allowing casuals to be competitive is a good thing.

2) Removing progression for mmo's is a bad thing.

It's piss easy to get a mixture of centurion and champion gear that will give you 600 expertise. My scoundrel is at the level and does fine. It took me 2 weeks to do and not the dreaded 1 month of hell I was expecting.

Gearing isn't hard in this game. Suck it up and get it over with.

I am not against progression, but since pvp is a huge part of the game, it has to be open and attractive for all the players and not only for a selected group.

Right now the bracket 10-49 is for everyone, and most of the time you will have a lot of fun playing the warzones, except when you come face to face with teams who have very well coordinated premades.

The problems start when you hit lvl 50, and you are forced to fight the hardcore players, who have all the gear, and live and breath to do pvp. If you are a casual player you are screwed cause you don't have a choice: you will have to fight players with pvp gear that is way superior to pve gear, and this is a problem.

The lvl 50 bracket is ruled by gear, and gear alone. Skill of the player is important, but i can tell ya that if we put an experienced player with pve gear facing an inexperienced player in champion or battlemaster gear, the mostr probably scenario is that the pvp geared guy will destroy the experienced pve geared guy.

As i said at the beginning, progression is important, and people should be allow to acquire better gear, but you have to always keep in mind that new people will join the system, and you can't alienate them by forcing them to fight the experienced players who also have gear that makes the pve gear useless.

Edited by Zalgred

I am not against progression, but since pvp is a huge part of the game, it has to be open and attractive for all the players and not only for a selected group.

Right now the bracket 10-49 is for everyone, and most of the time you will have a lot of fun playing the warzones, except when you come face to face with teams who have very well coordinated premades.

The problems start when you hit lvl 50, and you are forced to fight the hardcore players, who have all the gear, and live and breath to do pvp. If you are a casual player you are screwed cause you don't have a choice: you will have to fight players with pvp gear that is way superior to pve gear, and this is a problem.

The lvl 50 bracket is ruled by gear, and gear alone. Skill of the player is important, but i can tell ya that if we put an experienced player with pve gear facing an inexperienced player in champion or battlemaster gear, the mostr probably scenario is that the pvp geared guy will destroy the experienced pve geared guy.

As i said at the beginning, progression is important, and people should be allow to acquire better gear, but you have to always keep in mind that new people will join the system, and you can't alienate them by forcing them to fight the experienced players who also have gear that makes the pve gear useless.

Not true,I will destroy all lvl 50 with no pvp gear,its skill and talent.

simple solution... get some pvp gear. It takes like a week to get 500 expertise.

Yeah the gear ceiling for pvp is relatively low. For people who like to pvp it is not an issue.

Apparently, though, pvp is being used by pve players for solo gear progression because it is better than any pve solo options.

These are the people who talk about gear being too hard to get, the dailys taking too long and not pvping except for dailies.

I know I pvp because I enjoy fighting other players. I ultimately get the gear by doing that. I don't grind pvp, I play pvp.

Ummm. I did the dailys and weekly and in 4-5 days I had a full set of cent gear and a champ weapon. This made me able to contend in WZ. You are going to suck at most for a few days. So que up, help the team the best you can, play some defense and LOS and have fun. It is not that big of a deal.

I just want to double quote "

My concern is for the lvl 50 bracket, where you see how ppl who is a casual pvp player who only wants to have fun gets annihilated by the hardcore players who have all the battlemaster gear with +600 expertise rating. Lets be honest, this is not fun and its very frustrating."

It only take one week of casual PVP nowadays to hit 600 Expertise just FYI. As far as all hardcore players having Battlemaster gear is not true because there are unlucky hardcore players and Battlemaster gear is only marginally better than Champion Gear. WHEN I SAY CASUAL, I MEAN FINISH YOUR DAILY PLUS WEEKLY AND THAT'S IT. LOG ON LOG OFF. IF YOUR MORE CASUAL THAN THAT, I WOULD NOT COMPLAIN LOL.

I am a big fan of warzone pvp. I love the fact that i can queue my self while i keep questing with my friends, and most of the time, below lvl 50, is a lot of fun, cause despite the difference in lvl (ranges from lvl 10 to 49), teams are balanced and everyone can kill everyone.

The difference of gear between a pve geared player and pvp geared player is abysmal, to the point that you will not kill anything on a 1 on 1 fight, not to mention that if the other side has a couple of troopers or consulars, or bounty hunters, inquisitors or agents, and they target you simultaneously you will die in a couple of seconds, and this is no fun at all.

PVP at lvl 50 should not be intended only for the hardcore players, who have all the gear and spend all day playing pvp matches.

There's a huge part of the community that is a causal pvp player, who likes to get into some player vs player action from time to time, but not enough to grind all the centurion, champion or battlemaster gear, so they will always be at a disadvantage against the haardcore players.

And the sad part is that once you hit lvl 50 you are screwed, you don't get to choose if you want or not to fight against the hardcore group of pvp players. The only option you have is to create a new alt and pvp with it, and let me tell ya that this can not be the option casual pvp players must take in other to keep doing warzones with our pve gear.

Something must be done about this, cause everyone though that separating the lvl 50's players was the best option for the lower lvls to be able to have fun in warzone matches, but the thing is that you need to separate those who are using the pvp gear from those who doesn't.

PVP between lvls 10 to 50 that don't have pvp gear is the same as lvls 1 to 49. Its not the lvl that makes the difference, its the gear.

I have nothing against hardcore pvp players, and i am happy for them because they will get the ranked system, and with it a lot of new challenges, but i am worried for those casual players that have no interest in getting the pvp gear, but they still want to enjoy some pvp action from time to time, and not feel completely useless against other players who have pvp gear with expertise rating.

Right now i had to create an alt to do pvp, because i just get to frustrated with my lvl 50 jedi guardian in the lvl 50 bracket, its no fun at all cause i cant kill anything and i can't protect anyone either, i am just to squishy against fully geared pvp sorcerer or bounty hunter (i have all lvl 50 purple gear, with rakata and columni stuff). I don't have the pvp gear, but not because i could not afford it, i have enough champion and centurion commendations, but i am pve player that does a lot of Flash Points and quests, etc. and i don't feel like having to use 15 inventory slots with the pvp gear just in case i decide to queue for a warzone.

This is something that must be addressed, or the pvp community will lose a lot of casual players.

Edited by spicycookie

The PvP community is losing both casual AND hardcore players, problem is...if you make PvP gear easily available to fresh 50's which it is anyway, you annoy the "hardcore" elitist PvPer's who had to work for their gear. If you make gear harder to obtain so the hardcore players are happier, you alienate the casuals.

My solution, play Pong. It's a very balanced game.

They are not hardcore JUST because they have gear. I told it today already. At lvl 50 I see more noobs than at lvl 10-49 and I think I know why.

People that start playing PVP since lvl 10 or 20 have loot of experience when they hit lvl 50 but many folks

~ join PVP at lvl 50

~ farm for gear

~ play like it's some PVE ****

Gear as reward is stupid because it's not even CLOSE to proper PVP. I would love to see PVP gear with SAME STATS but DIFFERENT DESSIGN.

Better looking gear and nice title should be reward for this noobs. Having better gear don't make you better player. Never ever.

I think you confuse grinding with having to do something to get gear. Just read a post from someone else complaining he dinged 3 days ago, opened 22 bags and got 0 tokens...

BUT he did get: 330 centurion comms and 154 champ comms, which gave him a FULL set of PvP gear within 3 days!!!!

That's not a grind, that's practically getting it handed to you for free. If you think 3 days playing a few hours is a grind, then maybe an MMO is not your type of game. I agree that it should not be hard to get gear and do ok to good, however in this example I think it's REALLY easy.

Not even in PvE flashpoints and ops groups do you get fully geared within 3 days UNLESS the RNG gods favor you like you where their god.

It took a month to get a full set columni/rakata (head, chest, hands, legs, boots) and we are talking 3 days of work here...

Spoiled=/=grinding gear

There's a huge difference between "casual" and "someone who thinks they are entitled to everything immediately with no time investment".

You can get in full champ gear quickly and that's barely worse than BM gear.