2.0 Carnage Changes

Ceile

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what you're basing your calculations on...with 216 points in accuracy, I have 100.15%melee accuracy and 110.15 special accuracy and get between 9 and 11% misses...

Hmm... that's weird. At 360 accuracy on the PTS I'm seeing 109.06 special accuracy... and this is with the 3% accuracy talent. Am I just being blind (I've spent a whole 2 hours on the PTS, mainly speed racing through the class quest to get the ship since I couldn't copy my main over).

I tested on PTS the alacrity. I made a set with full focus on alacrity. At the moment on PTS we can have 8.2% alacrity. This have no effect. The GCD is still 1.5s and no spell has a reduced CD oder Ravage still cast 3s.

ok. Then i tested carnage an tested the berserk. With the 30% i have 38.2% Alacrity for the next 6 attacks. The GCD was reduced to ~1.0-1.1s.

That's very nice i think, but if we need alacrity on the equipment. Today i don't think that.

Just for notice.

With the Talent (3%) you will need ~432 accuracy für 100% meele-accuracy.

Bah, that bums me out that full alacrity does crap. You would think you would at least get a 8% reduction on the GCD. Maybe it's bugged?

Initial Thoughts on Carnage changes

-Looks like Cloak of Carnage and Blood Frenzy are must-haves in 2.0 since they are the only Rage generators in the tree...albeit, Blood Frenzy would be a must anyway.

-Frenzied Sabers looks interesting. Brooding looks very unappealing for PvP, but would be worthwhile in PvE.

-Seems to me builds will favor going for Seeping Wound in PvP and Brutality in PvE.

-My first PvP build will likely be: 7/39/0

Alacrity is completely useless now, it doesnt have a high enough modifier to GCD to have given me any noticeable increases.

Really? I expected the impact of Alacrity on the GCD to be more significant. Everyone I've spoken to on the PTS says it's a big deal. So you think the boost from Berserk is more than enough?

Edited by DarthOvertone

I'm not sure what you're basing your calculations on...with 216 points in accuracy, I have 100.15%melee accuracy and 110.15 special accuracy and get between 9 and 11% misses...

Whats the accuracy % on your offhand saber ;)?

Also assault has a 10% chance to be dodged/parried.

Edited by verfallen

Derp... I was looking at my accuracy in Anni spec so I wasn't getting the bonus acc from Ataru form.

Still, I can't get past 2500 dps with Carnage, but I'm pulling close to 2700 with Anni. But I've never been able to get the Carnage numbers like I did with Anni... I think that's what I'm relegated to.

Bah, that bums me out that full alacrity does crap. [...] Maybe it's bugged?

Perhaps the curve is not quite sure. I mean with very little alacrity you will have no advantages. Only when you have a lot you (Berserk 30% for 6 attacks), you will have a huge advantages.

i think we have to watch what Bioware changes on the PTS. Perhaps there is an advantage to wearing alacrity active in the defense.

I will show you tonight some screens.

Bah, that bums me out that full alacrity does crap. You would think you would at least get a 8% reduction on the GCD. Maybe it's bugged?

It's more useful for other ACs. Ones where it affects resource generation, and especially ones who have significant casting in their normal rotation.

For Sith Warriors, it literally only shortens the GCD (and minutely at that), so the value is negligible.

I don't know where it's going to wind up in optimal stat distribution yet (as people are still getting DPS in the 2.0 world figured out for each AC), but it is definitely more impactful for non-Warriors.

It's more useful for other ACs. Ones where it affects resource generation, and especially ones who have significant casting in their normal rotation.

For Sith Warriors, it literally only shortens the GCD (and minutely at that), so the value is negligible.

I don't know where it's going to wind up in optimal stat distribution yet (as people are still getting DPS in the 2.0 world figured out for each AC), but it is definitely more impactful for non-Warriors.

Lowering the GCD is just as beneficial as lower the spell-cast of a channel. Swinging 10% faster on GCD abilities is a 10% increase in DPS (ideal situations w/out lag). It's just that alacrity, per point, isn't as beneficial as using it for another stat. Same problem with crit.

I just followed suit and dumped all of my crit and alacrity and my dps went up. That means that the points and DR for Crit and Alacrity are not adjusted correctly. I'm really hoping BW does another pass and makes adjustments as it's just silly for players to stack power like crazy.

Managed to get my main ported over to the PTS by using the stow-companion-gear-trick (yeah, stripping them all nude is a valid workaround) so now I have my DG proc and elite war hero relics for parsing. Otherwise using the same stats and rotation. Here's the best parse I've come up with:

Or without the 10-second exit from combat cut off:

I was wondering what people's opinion on moving Duel Weapon Mastery to the second tier of Carnage was? I think its an incredibly stupid change. I've always thought it was an essential talent to pick up in all three specs. Now I will have to put 7 points in carnage when Anni specced and have to weigh it against defensive roll, enraged slash and short fuse in Rage. Without picking it up we're just Juggs with a glowey arm that does nothing imo.

Thanks for your thoughts!

I was wondering what people's opinion on moving Duel Weapon Mastery to the second tier of Carnage was? I think its an incredibly stupid change. I've always thought it was an essential talent to pick up in all three specs. Now I will have to put 7 points in carnage when Anni specced and have to weigh it against defensive roll, enraged slash and short fuse in Rage. Without picking it up we're just Juggs with a glowey arm that does nothing imo.

Thanks for your thoughts!

I've messed around with 36/8/2 and 36/7/3 and haven't found any significant dps different. I would love someone else's opinion as well. My parses were maybe 1% different. But could have been RNG.

• 3 weeks later...
GENERAL

Ravager Skill:

• Ravager Skill was removed from the Rage tree.
  • The 8% bonus damage can be gained from weaponmaster 2 piece set bonus.

Yeah the only thing I dislike about this.. not so bad on my Mara who I PvP with so already have the set bonus'.. however my PvE DPS Jugg.. he is royally screwed as Ravage is his main used abuility, without the buff its gonna affect his dmg, why they out right removed it I never know, also they are removing "Savage Kick" and "Pommel Strike" from teh ability list, now "Savage Kick" I rarely use....however "Pommel Strike" I use a lot

• 2 weeks later...
I think BW/EA should have berserk in ataru add 30% alac for 6 attacks but also make it so all abilities that cost rage refund 1 rage for those 6 moves. This would return massacre to being 1 rage, would make gore and FS free if you have execute proc up and could just make rage management much more straight forward.

Right now, popping berserk requires very high levels of rage or that we use a gen as one of the 6 attacks. I think some more rage management would really help without making us completely OP.

Other opinion is that a talent should be added to proc rage off of ataru hits, since anni got a new form of passive rage generation I do not understand why we did not get one as well. Especially with the nerf to blood frenzies rage production.

From a PvP perspective, Berserk for Ataru had to be nerf because of the new tier 7 skills in the Carnage tree. In 2.0, we can start every fight with 30 stacks of fury. If Berserk stayed the same way, this means that we can do Gore + Massacre spam right from the start, which during the spamming we will proc Slaughter and have Gore reset, then pop Frenzy after the first Gore + Massacre combo and do it again immediately afterwards. Back to back double Gore + Massacre combo is OP and can drop someone in blazing speed, and that is not balanced in PvP.

The Execute and Blood Frenzy nerf (bonus excludes Massacre in 2.0), and Berserk nerf are meant to lower DPS during Gore + Massacre spam combo, by making rage cost higher and Massacre not getting 10% damage bonus from Execute.

From a PvP perspective, Berserk for Ataru had to be nerf because of the new tier 7 skills in the Carnage tree. In 2.0, we can start every fight with 30 stacks of fury. If Berserk stayed the same way, this means that we can do Gore + Massacre spam right from the start, which during the spamming we will proc Slaughter and have Gore reset, then pop Frenzy after the first Gore + Massacre combo and do it again immediately afterwards. Back to back double Gore + Massacre combo is OP and can drop someone in blazing speed, and that is not balanced in PvP.

The Execute and Blood Frenzy nerf (bonus excludes Massacre in 2.0), and Berserk nerf are meant to lower DPS during Gore + Massacre spam combo, by making rage cost higher and Massacre not getting 10% damage bonus from Execute.

Having beserk like it is on live would make carnage pretty overpowered for pve for the same reasons. Carnage has a pretty rage intensive rotation in 2.0. Having beserk like it is on live would mean you would have lots of rage at your disposal increasing dps by a large amount. I prefer beserk on live like most of us do, but there is no denying it would make carnage a bit too overpowered.

How will it change the rotation to carnage??

It will more be based on proc's now. Force scream auto crit is proc'd with execute now with a 30% chance and not 100% so you will have to watch for that. Vicious throw can now be used over 30% with a proc that has 45% and it also finishes the cooldown of gore (Slaughter) so gore will be used more.

I believe the gore windows will be this priority:

1. Ravage, then Force scream with execute.

2. Ravage, then Vicious Throw

3. Force Scream with execute, Vicious Throw, Massacre (In any order)

4. Ravage, then Massacre.

5. Force Scream with execute, Massacre x2 (In any order)

6. Massacre x2, vicious throw (in any order)

7. Massacre x 3

Because of the new Gore proc, you will pretty much use gore whenever it is available so you don't waste a gore by getting slaughter when gore isn't on cooldown. When you aren't in a gore window, your priority should be building up rage, getting execute proc's, and getting gore procs. The only time to use rupture now is when you can spare the rage (which is rare) and your gore proc is on the internal cooldown (20 sec)

Edited by bbare

you also want to use double saber throw in gore, it costs no rage and does more dmg than massacre. Doing something like DBS,scream,VS does good dmg and costs almost no rage.

I don't know about that. Massacre proc's your ataru form so you are getting more damage other than massacre's base damage.

So right now my opener looks like:

Charge > Battering > Gore > Massacre > Ravage

After that I see if Execute is up. If it is, Force Scream. If not, Massacre again to close out Gore window.

If Slaughter proc'd, I use Assault to build up some rage, then Gore, vicious throw, Massacre again.

I'm pretty new at Carnage. So go easy on me.

My biggest question is should I save Force Scream for when both Execute and Gore is up? Or should I use Force Scream on Cool Down regardless of Gore if Execute is up?

It will more be based on proc's now. Force scream auto crit is proc'd with execute now with a 30% chance and not 100% so you will have to watch for that. Vicious throw can now be used over 30% with a proc that has 45% and it also finishes the cooldown of gore (Slaughter) so gore will be used more.

I believe the gore windows will be this priority:

1. Ravage, then Force scream with execute.

2. Ravage, then Vicious Throw

3. Force Scream with execute, Vicious Throw, Massacre (In any order)

4. Ravage, then Massacre.

5. Force Scream with execute, Massacre x2 (In any order)

6. Massacre x2, vicious throw (in any order)

7. Massacre x 3

Because of the new Gore proc, you will pretty much use gore whenever it is available so you don't waste a gore by getting slaughter when gore isn't on cooldown. When you aren't in a gore window, your priority should be building up rage, getting execute proc's, and getting gore procs. The only time to use rupture now is when you can spare the rage (which is rare) and your gore proc is on the internal cooldown (20 sec)

what about dual saber throw?

I had a look at the sentinel forum and I saw this as a rotation:

Charge > Battering Assault > Massacre > Gore > Ravage > Scream > Massacre

I tried it on a sage in a warzone, completely wiped the floor with him in about 6 seconds :p. Problem with this is that afterwards you have a lot of downtime while ravage is on cooldown. I'm guessing you could throw the dual saber throw + viscous throw and some other stuff in afterwards to get ready to start again?