It's Bugtastic!

Blackavaar

Oh, they knew about them, but they rolled out the patch anyway, probably assuming the number of players affected would be minimal and they could fix the bugs over the next few weeks. Standard practice for MMO developers unfortunately.

:(

when a VP is putting pressure on the EP to ship in order to satisfy the timetable there's not much he can do even if he is seriously behind schedule. All he can do is exactly what you said, push it, spin it, then cross his fingers it doesn't turn out to be an unmitigated disaster. He knows that if he doesn't ship it will look really bad and probably worse than if the product is subpar, because bugs can always be patched but at least some beancounter somewhere can claim "we shipped it on time and met shareholder expectations".

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when a VP is putting pressure on the EP to ship in order to satisfy the timetable there's not much he can do even if he is seriously behind schedule. All he can do is exactly what you said, push it, spin it, then cross his fingers it doesn't turn out to be an unmitigated disaster. He knows that if he doesn't ship it will look really bad and probably worse than if the product is subpar, because bugs can always be patched but at least some beancounter somewhere can claim "we shipped it on time and met shareholder expectations".

Yeah, that's the problem with capitalism. It's all about the bottom line. Quality comes second.

:rolleyes:

That's all correct and true, but what will the said shareholder say when he sees the financial results of this game ?

What matters is the end result, and the end result is F2P on the most expensive game ever made.

In other words, a total and utter disaster.

The thing is, in a project like this, the SUBSCRIBERS are the priority. Happy subscribers = happy shareholders. Not the other way around.

Edited by Rogoo

Well, thanks to the latest patch we have more problems than we can shake a lightsaber at.

• GTN broke... still.
  • Random freezes and drops
  • More weird graphics artifacts (like it wasn't bad enough before) left behind when people log out or QT
  • Disappearing taxis (hey, I'm Wonder Woman!)
  • Missing graphics in Space missions
  • Crafting schematics broken (now they let you learn them even when you know them, resulting in a loss of schematics that could have been traded)

And that's just the beginning. I hope they fix this stuff soon because right now the game is nigh unplayable.

:(

While I dont find the game unplayable with the 1.4 bug infestation, I stopped playing yesterday because i find them highly annoying. I'm paying for a quality product, and I aint getting it! I'm not paying to be annoyed, If these issues aint resolved by the 20th I'm canceling. There's no excuse for this crap.

While I dont find the game unplayable with the 1.4 bug infestation, I stopped playing yesterday because i find them highly annoying. I'm paying for a quality product, and I aint getting it! I'm not paying to be annoyed, If these issues aint resolved by the 20th I'm canceling. There's no excuse for this crap.

It seems like EAWare is trying to kill their own game. :(

Was in a warzone just now where all the enemies were invis. Had to randomely tab aorund until I got into range and marked one, it would then show up. Not even the nameplates were showing up when they were invis.

Still having issues with compressed channel bars on enemies too.

Edited by MidichIorian