Galactic Starfighter Records (2.8+) v3.0

caederon

That's the problem in a nutshell, I actually didn't even know you intended to submit it for a Solo Kills record, and since that stat isn't shown on the screenshot, it's also ineligible. If your intent is to submit for Solo Kills (or Kill Streak, or DPS) please be sure when you take the screenshot that your mouse is hovered over the proper stat which will pop up a window showing your total (ie hovering Kills shows Solo Kills and Kill Streak; hovering Damage shows DPS). Also, to make things a bit easier on me when I'm adding these to the list, please refer back to the first post in the thread for how to format your submission... or just check out how most people here are doing it.

Well I didn't know if it qualified for anything TBH.

And yeah sorry, never done this before. I'm usually the bane of every pilot on Jedi Cov, but racking up high numbers of kills is something I don't really often do (although I love doing it). I don't really go for assists either; I kill what I shoot at.

Albeit recently GSF has not been going well for me, something seems wrong with the Clarion ever since 4.1 but I can't yet put my finger on it.

The Overall category is mostly dominated by T2 scouts and T1 gunships, as Eudoxia mentioned. Though that big bomber match by Traesha just vaulted into the picture, it's still the exception. It was suggested to me that the Overall category should be eliminated, and the records should be presented only by Ship Type. In other words, you'd have T1 scout records, T2 scout records, T3 scout records, etc. all the way down the list. There are arguments to be made for keeping an Overall set and replacing Ship Class records with Ship Type records. I'll put it up for discussion here.

I like this idea.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall DM

Neutrinos'smw (Neutrinos) - Sting - Battle Meditation - 274.65 DPS

Neutrinos'smw (Neutrinos) - Sting - Battle Meditation - 27 Solo Kills

Overall DOM

Neutrinos'smw (Neutrinos) - Sting - The Red Eclipse - 231.88 DPS

Scout DM

Neutrinos'smw (Neutrinos) - Sting - Battle Meditation - 274.65 DPS

Neutrinos'smw (Neutrinos) - Sting - Battle Meditation - 27 Solo Kills

Scout DOM

Neutrinos'smw (Neutrinos) - Sting - The Red Eclipse - 231.88 DPS

Gunship DM

Neutrinos'smw (Neutrinos) - Mangler - The Red Eclipse - 45 Kills + Assists

Gunship DOM

Equinoxs'smw (Neutrinos) - Quarrel - The Red Eclipse - 211.05 DPS

Neutrinos'smw (Neutrinos) - Mangler - The Red Eclipse - 14 Solo Kills

Bomber DM

Neutrinos'smw (Neutrinos) - Legion - The Red Eclipse - 40 Kills + Assists

Neutrinos'smw (Neutrinos) - Legion - The Red Eclipse - 163.49 DPS

Neutrinos'smw (Neutrinos) - Legion - The Red Eclipse - 9 Solo Kills

• 2 weeks later...
There actually is a thread like that, which I would link if I felt like digging it up, but in the discussion I had last night it was theorized that the thread in question eventually faded away because people lacked incentive to keep posting in it. Establishing a Close Match Records thread and attaching personal achievement to it could entice people to participate more. It could also give people a reason to fly non-meta ships in matches that would otherwise be blowouts. Any way you cut it, celebrating competitive close matches is a good thing.

Despon

Couldn't agree with this more. Posting screenshots of yourself owning new pilots without the experience or geared ships to counter you just seems... petty.

Records are updated.

Neutrinos, thanks for keeping your barrage of entries listed in a very orderly fashion!

I'm still pondering the form the Close Match Records thread will take, but it will likely happen at some point when I have the time to establish it. Highlighting the closest matches we have and those who perform well in them seems worthy of the effort.

Despon

Couldn't agree with this more. Posting screenshots of yourself owning new pilots without the experience or geared ships to counter you just seems... petty.

If a "close matches" category or thread is made, should it contain all lost games too? Also a close match doesn't necessarily mean that no one "owned new pilots".

It could also give people a reason to fly non-meta ships in matches that would otherwise be blowouts.

I hate to burst your bubble but flying non-meta ships in "blowout" matches isn't going to help them not be blowouts. We do this all the time on Jedi Cov, switch to non-meta ships (I mean so many of us fly non-meta ships or builds anyways) and 50-3 etc. blowouts still happen.

Ultimately the fact of the matter is that unless you get your whole team to spend the match using nothing but rocket pods, there's no way it's ever gonna be even.

Any way you cut it, celebrating competitive close matches is a good thing.

Despon

Agreed.

~ Eudoxia

• 3 weeks later...
WOHOO! I FINALLY MADE A LEADERBOARD!

Yep, you did, and it is now recorded on there. You could get into the Strike Fighter Deathmatch Solo Kills category too, as the 4th and 5th spots are open on that list! So watch for the next time you post a good total in a TDM.

- Despon

• 1 month later...

Adding two Scout Deathmatch records from one of those ridiculous outlier games :p

Siraka-srw'i - Ocula - Shadowlands Reconnaissance Wing - The Harbinger

DPS - 240.66

Solo Kills - 21

http://imgur.com/t1EZfWW

http://imgur.com/CmPUH5B

http://imgur.com/DV5LkoQ

Also a DPS Domination record - 183.54

Siraka-srw - Flashfire - Shadowlands Reconnaissance Wing - The Harbinger

http://imgur.com/WzdHWBM

http://imgur.com/95nwhzY

Edited by RickDagles

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gunship TDM DPS:

Atton'jaq (Mical) - Quarrel - Blood Bath and Beyond - The Harbinger - 168,449

At the time of writing this is currently fourth best.

I forgot to screen cap it with my reqs in the moment, so hopefully retro-actively screen-capping the reqs (seeing that they match + credits earned match) will suffice.

Note that this technically also breaks the DPS record (I forgot to screen cap that too!). However, since the match concluded without any team getting to 50, and if we assume a 14 minute bound on the length of the match, then that puts a minimum DPS of 168449/(14*60) = 200.53.

http://imgur.com/a/NQ5qg

• 2 months later...

Broke that ^ a few days ago with a really crazy game where the opponents had five bombers and two strikes...

Gunship TDM Damage and DPS:

Visas (Mical) - Mangler - Blood Bath and Beyond - The Harbinger - 182812

Visas (Mical) - Mangler - Blood Bath and Beyond - The Harbinger - 223.49

I don't know why I went and get the DO instead of firing another Railgun :p

http://imgur.com/a/W0E1U

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Des got a couple new addons for the list

Ana-Tathis - FT-8 Star Guard - Harbinger - 17 medals Domination Proof

Gaa'ra - GSS3 Mangler - The Ebon Hawk - 17 Medals Domiantion proof

to be completely honest the Gunship medal count might not count or might just barely slip in the rules as the majority of the match and thus medals were earned in the mangler but for strict honesties sake wanted you to be the judge.

Thanks again for all the hard work.