December's Life Day - An Event or only themed Cartel Packs?

Alec_Fortescue

Joveth I'm sorry but that's not what we were led to believe. This just got me really disappointed and ill be considering not resubbing from now on and thats a shame cause I have 3 lvl 50's and a couple of other alts. On top of that I was considering upgrading my son's account to subscriber status since he loves the WZ and has a f2p account.

But since you guys are not even making an event out of the biggest holiday of them all you lost me. I'm sorry but this is just too much.

Led to believe by whom?

Take this as a life lesson. Don't base your decisions on rumors and conjecture. Else you'll continue to be endlessly disappointed. Poor you.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks!

While we're definitely excited about the new Life Day items in the Cartel Market, I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have any in-game events planned for the future! We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.

Thank you!

Do you think it is right that life day items are only available for people that are willing to pay (with the exception of the fireworks) for them rather than something that could have been a reward to all people that have been subscribing through the last year.

It seems far more time and effort has been put into the cartel shop than in something nice to thank subscribers for their support for the last year.

Hey folks!

While we're definitely excited about the new Life Day items in the Cartel Market, I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have any in-game events planned for the future! We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.

Thank you!

ouch lol

Whoever is program managing the whole free to play transition is doing the worst job imaginable, it feels cheap and like a cash grab moreso than any other game I have played including those who also went free to play during the course of their lives.

Hey folks!

Thank you!

Shame on you and your company I feel my buyers remorse tingle every month since release but this could very well be the last straw,denying content for dlc and day 1 dlc is what EA is infamous for and I'm never going to buy another EA product ever again, truly the worst company in america.

Count me in with the "disappointed" camp.

I am a huge supporter of this game and constantly defend it from the "TOR sucks" crowd, but this patch leaves me feeling incredibly discouraged.

For Halloween, I was also disappointed there was no spooky event (it doesn't have to coincide with Earth Halloween; there are plenty of creepy canon-friendly things to build an event around). TOR was the only triple A MMO out there without some sort of Halloween in-game event going on, but then the Life Day items were datamined, so I was excited to see what Life Day would be.

Now we've just been told that TOR is the only triple A MMO not getting a Christmas/winter holiday event, too. Just $20 or so to unlock items on one character.

It just makes the game look bad, and I say that as a loyal subscriber since launch and a huge defender of this game.

Where is the social content? Buying items from a store isn't social. Going to Hoth to do some sort of limited time questline in the snow, or going to Nar Shaddaa and seeing a group of people in Life Day robes, would be social, however.

Star Wars: The Old Republic - creating the first 3 tiered online society - the haves, the have little(preferred status) and the have nots. It is totally disgraceful.

How come other MMOs like WoW and even the recent arrival, Guild Wars 2 manage to celebrate something and is packed with humour but here we have a Star Wars game without an essential Star Wars ingredient - humour.

Utterly lazy Bioware.

Led to believe by whom?

Take this as a life lesson. Don't base your decisions on rumors and conjecture. Else you'll continue to be endlessly disappointed. Poor you.

Maybe my previous experiences in mmos since 1998. The leaked info that they'd be doing something about lifeday the fact that it happens same time as the 1st anniversary. Maybe cause I still had hoped that they wouldn't turn into only making cartel market the way to celebrate things. I am just saying I am disappointed and until I'm proved wrong ill head to some other game AMD giving them my money.

I am a bioware fanboi and was defending this game till now. I guess it's time to move to prefered status till they prove they didn't turn into a company that don't care about they're regular customers.

Hey folks!

Thank you!

/shame on you BioWare !

Life Day is surely the very opposite of a greedy Cartel Market push for people to spend real money on items meant for holiday celebration/roleplay purposes.

I remember Life Day being much more thoughtful in SWG, where FREE gifts were given to players, one to keep, and another to give to a friend. A great way to thank good friends or to make new ones !

We don't even get a Xmas event if I'm reading the post from JovethGonzalez correctly. However, there is an in-game event planned after the holidays, where no doubt the Cartel Market will seek to squeeze more cash from the player base.

I'm just so disappointed that Life Day turns out to be an unashamed grab for real money and there's nothing at all (currently announced) to celebrate the Holiday Season in this Scrooge of a game.

Bah humbug !

Don't really give a crap about Life Day and TBH wish they hadn't added most of the Life Day stuff to the store, but nothing for one year anniversary other than some crappy fireworks? Really? You should have given subscribers that mini battle droid looking pet for 1.6/one year anniversary. The 1.2 Tauntaun pet was better than some lame consumables.

Things just keep going down hill. :(

I'm perfectly and entirely satisfied *except* with the price.

With all the rage that's gone around the forums, and the threats of violent unsubbing, regarding the addition of a World Event themed and timed with real world holidays, I absolutely applaud Bioware (and shake an "I-told-you-so" finger at the forumites) for Coming up with a number of holiday celebration items that are not blatantly Christmas/Chanukah/Et cetericamas, yet provide players with a way to make their own holiday spirit, as it were, if it suits them.

I'd have loved to have seen a world event. But I'd not have loved to have seen half of you rage-quit, or even worse, to stay subscribed just to troll the forums. So, we get something.

Only thing is that subs get 500 tokens and this costs nearly 5 times as much...*if* we buy the bundle. None of us have 5 months of tokens yet, and it costs 30% more if we try to buy items individually. So it's very strongly flavoured in Pay to Participate, *regardless* of whether you're a subscriber or not.

Let me clarify before I'm misinterpreted. Spending is necessary. But the amount is such that those who have chosen to pay BW monthly will still find themselves needing to get out the old checkbook to try the new items, and that's messy.

1200 for the pack, and I'd have been delighted (2 months tokens, with security key bonus). 2000, and I wouldn't say anything--those who saved all their tokens at F2P launch would be free and clear. But at the introductory price BW went with, *everyone* who's getting these items is paying more cash, regardless of a past year of faithful subscribing. Not even a chance to save tokens through their paid subs.

In short, it seems to suggest that once the event ends, we subscribers should be *much* tighter with our tokens. A half year's savings buys one event pack, so...no more Cartel packs for us.

Edited by Journeyer

Hey folks!

Thank you!

Funny, we were told though that we would be able to get these items in-game as well as the Cartel Market.

Dissapointed is an understatement.

Hey folks!

Thank you!

Thank you Joveth. Not what we wanted to hear, but I'd rather have the truth than to not be told anything.

With all the rage that's gone around the forums, and the threats of violent unsubbing, regarding the addition of a World Event themed and timed with real world holidays, I absolutely applaud Bioware (and shake an "I-told-you-so" finger at the forumites) for Coming up with a number of holiday celebration items that are not blatantly Christmas/Chanukah/Et cetericamas, yet provide players with a way to make their own holiday spirit, as it were, if it suits them.I'd have loved to have seen a world event. But I'd not have loved to have seen half of you rage-quit, or even worse, to stay subscribed just to troll the forums. So, we get something.

Only thing is that subs get 500 tokens and this costs nearly 5 times as much...*if* we buy the bundle. None of us have 5 months of tokens yet, and it costs 30% more if we try to buy items individually. So it's very strongly flavoured in Pay to Participate, *regardless* of whether you're a subscriber or not.

Let me clarify before I'm misinterpreted. Spending is necessary. But the amount is such that those who have chosen to pay BW monthly will still find themselves needing to get out the old checkbook to try the new items, and that's messy.

1200 for the pack, and I'd have been delighted (2 months tokens, with security key bonus). 2000, and I wouldn't say anything--those who saved all their tokens at F2P launch would be free and clear. But at the introductory price BW went with, *everyone* who's getting these items is paying more cash, regardless of a past year of faithful subscribing. Not even a chance to save tokens through their paid subs.

In short, it seems to suggest that once the event ends, we subscribers should be *much* tighter with our tokens. A half year's savings buys one event pack, so...no more Cartel packs for us.

*cough* speeder with Christmas lights *cough*

Hey folks!

Thank you!

pathetic

Edited by Vis-Tecum

Don't know where people got an event from? Someone data mined and found something labled life day and called it a future event. Everyone else bought that and carried it. Now that it's confirmed not to be, people get upset. :confused:

Probably from every other MMORPG in existance having them......... that's just a wild, wild guess though. ;)

I think the price would be OK, if there was an event and a way to get them through that.

But as there isn't an event or any other way to get these "time limited" item, then yes the price is frankly extortionate.

2400CC for the pack is the game as 4 months worth of 6 month subbing subscriber coins for just ONE pack for ONE character..... that is a totally bonkers pricing stucture. :mad:

This is troubling. it feels like instead of giving us general content they decided if they could make a buck off of it to just do it in cartel shop.. This is exactly what SWG did when they started their trading card game system... if this continues expect no fun quick content ever coming into the game if it isn't through the cartel shop... heck. SWG stopped releasing free content to subscribers period after the TCG... I was always worried that the cartel shop could go this way... please don't prove that suspicion correct.

It is in danger of the discussion for new content, events and the like, to be discussed and instead be turned into cartel items.. since it is more profitable...

I think the price would be OK, if there was an event and a way to get them through that.

But as there isn't an event or any other way to get these "time limited" item, then yes the price is frankly extortionate.

2400CC for the pack is the game as 4 months worth of 6 month subbing subscriber coins for just ONE pack for ONE character..... that is a totally bonkers pricing stucture. :mad:

Maybe the new year sales might start early , like on the 26th ? half price life day pack 1200 CC :) Anyways I haven't logged on yet but 2400 CC does seem a little expensive but then again if it pays for the game to continue for a long time then I'm ok with it. I wasn't expecting a real event today anyways so not sure why everyone is upset really.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Maybe my previous experiences in mmos since 1998. The leaked info that they'd be doing something about lifeday the fact that it happens same time as the 1st anniversary. Maybe cause I still had hoped that they wouldn't turn into only making cartel market the way to celebrate things. I am just saying I am disappointed and until I'm proved wrong ill head to some other game AMD giving them my money.

I am a bioware fanboi and was defending this game till now. I guess it's time to move to prefered status till they prove they didn't turn into a company that don't care about they're regular customers.

Oh please!

They did "do something". Your problem is they didn't do what you wanted, rather. Go where you want, play what you want, buy what you want. But sheesh! The whining bout the lack of Santa Claus wish-fulfillment around here is mind-boggling!

This is troubling. it feels like instead of giving us general content they decided if they could make a buck off of it to just do it in cartel shop.. This is exactly what SWG did when they started their trading card game system... if this continues expect no fun quick content ever coming into the game if it isn't through the cartel shop... heck. SWG stopped releasing free content to subscribers period after the TCG... I was always worried that the cartel shop could go this way... please don't prove that suspicion correct.

It is in danger of the discussion for new content, events and the like, to be discussed and instead be turned into cartel items.. since it is more profitable...

this is false.

Witches of Dathomir, Death Troopers, huge PVP updates, atmospheric flight(after closing announcement) all came after the TCG