Change back the changes!

kristinlouise

Triple posting, I'm going to go to jail for this. I'm using this as a distraction atm forgive me LOL

IDK what to say LMAO when no one is quing and people are waiting for a pop for 10 mins maybe then they will understand. These are the signs I've seen in other games just before the pvp dies. Apparently people need to see it happen to believe.

PVPers are like 2% of the population (according to THEM when they put in arenas), and at the end of the day the amount of ****s they have to give for their complaints is proportional to the amount of work required to keep them happy.

Here's a hard to swallow pill.

PVP dying would outright improve the game environment for more players than it would ruin it for.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the requirement to win is fine.

This.

I can understand the frustration if someone is pugging it and they're up against premade that is playing to win for a change, but not every match is going to be a solo player with 7 other puggers versus premade teams. Play enough and you'll also get pug vs pug matches or get the premade on your team while the opponents are all puggers. It all balances out in the end.

Rolling back this change would only revert Regs to it's 5.0 state, where most of the premade teams were just mindlessly number farming and were a detriment to whatever team they landed on. Not that deathmatching was any less prevalent among puggers than premades, but a premade that wasn't playing to win was sandbagging their team with 3 or 4 players that were dead weight. Sometimes you had better odds with a pug team.

Things are better now and more competitive.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

PVPers are like 2% of the population (according to THEM when they put in arenas), and at the end of the day the amount of ****s they have to give for their complaints is proportional to the amount of work required to keep them happy.

Here's a hard to swallow pill.

PVP dying would outright improve the game environment for more players than it would ruin it for.

Your posting history suggests that you enjoy PvP...a lot. So why the PvP vitriol?

Your posting history suggests that you enjoy PvP...a lot. So why the PvP vitriol?

Because the playerbase dramatically overestimates its role in the game and value to the community. Its a small, loudly needy group that continually demands attention far outside the bounds of how much money it brings in, and far FAR outside the bounds of its value as an advertisement to play and pay for the game. If pvpers want big changes and a lot of resource attention to their problems and desires they need to be a big portion of the population, which begins by not being one of the most unpleasant communities online to newcomers.

However, after 2 hours of PvPing, I am still at 0/1 for the daily. Rep side is completely outmatched. Not even remotely did we have a chance in any of the played warzones.

1.) 2 hours with no wins? I highly doubt that is true.

2.) There are no factions in pvp anymore. Teams are mixed with imps and reps.

I tried PvPing again after a longer break, trying to get my last missing valor ranks.

However, after 2 hours of PvPing, I am still at 0/1 for the daily. Rep side is completely outmatched. Not even remotely did we have a chance in any of the played warzones.

did someone pay you to come in here and bash pvp?

Factions have been mixed for quite some time now.

you clearly don't know what you're talking about and can't be taken seriously.

Because the playerbase dramatically overestimates its role in the game and value to the community. Its a small, loudly needy group that continually demands attention far outside the bounds of how much money it brings in, and far FAR outside the bounds of its value as an advertisement to play and pay for the game.

I am going to strawman for emphasis: Do you expect us to lay down and accept the glaring imbalances in the game? You're probably right that PvP community complains a little too much. Ironically, I have seen you complain about the complainers in a few of your years old posts. Fair enough...all of the complaints are kinda buzz killing, but they're (the complaints) also subjective. Who is the final arbiter of what is a legitimate complaint and what is not? The developers I suppose...but the more people complain about the complainers, the more discordant the community becomes. That's the problem with your grievance versus our right to petition the developers for corrections to perceived flaws. Debate is healthy and good as long as there is mutual respect during the disagreements...which leads me to the point I agree with you about:

If pvpers want big changes and a lot of resource attention to their problems and desires they need to be a big portion of the population, which begins by not being one of the most unpleasant communities online to newcomers.

Now, it depends on where you encounter the unpleasantness, but if you're referencing the ranked problems (vote removal and the verbal abuse that comes from not playing to expectations) then I completely agree with you. Even in regs people get nasty at times, and it is definitely NOT going to encourage new players into the mix. However, if you're mostly referring to the forum community, I agree that we need more mutual respect for differing opinions, and informed opinions are often more valid, but still, we circle back to my first point...

Edited by Sappharan

Just revert the changes to Regz. In the first week it was okay, I got quite a few good game but actually now it is painful.

Why I should stay in a game when no one cares to win, and are just doing the Dummy DPS farming game.

It is this it my sub is off. Doing PvP how much I want was the only reason worth a sub for me, the rest I do not need.

Arena is just an over-rated game mode, can do only for thirty minutes.

Then to each his own. If some1 hates PvPers and what are like 2% in the game (according to him) *** is he doing here.

I don't care for PvE and I never visit that forum section, you should do the same.

I've been with the game since launch, and this is by far the worst change I've seen. Alot of us don't have the time to sit and wait in queue all night. If a match that you've waited for is a loss, it's TIME WASTED. You get NOTHING from it. When I saw that my games weren't counting, I initially thought it was a bug...but nope. Nothing is counting unless it's a win. Also, I queue SOLO, as I don't have any friends who PVP. SWTOR PvP has one of the WORST reputations. Within MINUTES you'll have folks crying in Ops chat about something, then quitting. Once that happens, GG. You lose and you've wasted your time. So my interest in PVP and GSF went from high to NON EXISTENT. I don't PVP anymore. Overnight. Just like that. GG Bioware. There are ALOT of Solo players out there, like me. Heck. Just LOOK at all the begging that goes on PvP and Gen Chat on Fleet for people to Queue for regs and solos. From people like me, where we once would say "okay I'll queue solo/regs"? All they hear now is crickets. Edited by Hasdrabul

I've been with the game since launch, and this is by far the worst change I've seen. Alot of us don't have the time to sit and wait in queue all night. If a match that you've waited for is a loss, it's TIME WASTED. You get NOTHING from it. When I saw that my games weren't counting, I initially thought it was a bug...but nope. Nothing is counting unless it's a win. Also, I queue SOLO, as I don't have any friends who PVP. SWTOR PvP has one of the WORST reputations. Within MINUTES you'll have folks crying in Ops chat about something, then quitting. Once that happens, GG. You lose and you've wasted your time. So my interest in PVP and GSF went from high to NON EXISTENT. I don't PVP anymore. Overnight. Just like that. GG Bioware. There are ALOT of Solo players out there, like me. Heck. Just LOOK at all the begging that goes on PvP and Gen Chat on Fleet for people to Queue for regs and solos. From people like me, where we once would say "okay I'll queue solo/regs"? All they hear now is crickets.

I stopped reading after the first paragraph...

If losing is such a big deal for you and you cannot swallow it, then with all due respect, you shouldn't bother playing PVP...

It's absolutely beyond me how so many people think they are somehow meant to win the games they get in.... :rolleyes:

The only change I would make is to activate leaver penalty once the timer runs out so that people leave at the start if they are unhappy with the map they got. (lagball).

I stopped reading after the first paragraph...

If losing is such a big deal for you and you cannot swallow it, then with all due respect, you shouldn't bother playing PVP...

It's absolutely beyond me how so many people think they are somehow meant to win the games they get in.... :rolleyes:

The only change I would make is to activate leaver penalty once the timer runs out so that people leave at the start if they are unhappy with the map they got. (lagball).

I stopped reading after the first sentence...

PvP is a walking disaster. I have no idea who they are trying to cater to, the try hards? Do they think the whole community is suddenly going to pivot and start needing sweat mops for all their unranked PvP matches? Boggles the mind, I used to do half a dozen matches a day. Now maybe I'll queue once a week, relearn my lesson, and avoid doing so again.

I stopped reading after the first sentence...

PvP is a walking disaster. I have no idea who they are trying to cater to, the try hards? Do they think the whole community is suddenly going to pivot and start needing sweat mops for all their unranked PvP matches? Boggles the mind, I used to do half a dozen matches a day. Now maybe I'll queue once a week, relearn my lesson, and avoid doing so again.

Even in unranked pvp, everyone should be playing to win. And if you don't play to win...then you shouldn't be upset when you lose.

Furthermore, why do you feel entitled to rewards when you lose? Talk about boggles the mind...

I don't see why they have the win requirement for the daily and weekly quests for pvp. The pve modes where you have weekly for veteran dungeons are pretty much auto win anyways. Might as well keep it consistent with each other.

You're not going to get those PVE rewards if you don't complete those FP objectives.

You can argue all day between who is on the right side but the reality is that this change only decreased the PVP queues. I know lots of people who, like the player above said, used to at least always do their weeklies, which would consist of 10 to 20 matches, and now they barely touch it. It's also not a very friendly change to casuals who are just starting PVP, which should be one of the points of unranked PVP.

I just got back into the game a few days ago and brought my friend with me.

We spent the entire day losing EVERY SINGLE Warzone, EVERY SINGLE ONE to what i would describe... as the most coordinated tryhard groups i've ever seen in this game.

I will NOT look out for and join discord voice coms just to win warzone matches, let me be PERFECTLY clear about this and i will simply just unsub from the game again.

all you people who are complaining soooo hard about premades:

what do you think happens, when you split those guys up?

a) they get on the same team anyway and nothing changes

b) they get on seprate teams and play super competitive and fair

or

c) they get on seprate teams and have a "pact of honor" where they dont attack each other

d) they are just tunneling each other to mess with their friends

i can tell you that b) is the most unlikely scenario...

if you are solo player going to war you should not expect to win. its the same in any group based game.

even if you are not q'ing together you may see a friend of yours in your team ,you know on which TS / discord they are and suddenly there isnt a premade, but still the people are in voice com and they are kicking your butt because they coordinate their assault...

to remove the win requirement only leads to mindless deathmatches, as people who care about their rewards have only little incentive to actually try to win.

i think the incentive for winning is still too low.

they should add a type of pvp currency which allows you to buy operation locked gear (apex predator etc)

you only get it if you win and you actually get useful stuff

this would lead to a lot of skilled nim raiders flooding the q and actually playing for the win.

i personally dont care about finishing my weeklies or dailies as i dont get anything useful from them.

hence why i barely play pvp anymore. if i play its for ***** an giggles. that doesnt mean i am not trying to win.

i just like winnnin

a lot of the people who complain they cant win for 6 hours straight have to question themselves, if it really isnt their fault. because i know no one who has such bad bad luck.

You're not going to get those PVE rewards if you don't complete those FP objectives.

Key word - Complete

If you stick around till the end of the match, you complete the match; therefor you should get credit towards your quest It's nearly impossible to fail the veteran FP daily/weeklies in a single go. So why should the pvp quests, which you complete by being there for the whole match be any different?

Edited by genesiser

So why should the pvp quests, which you complete by being there for the whole match be any different?

to encourage competitive game play.

the key word isnt complete... the key word is DEFEAT...

what do you get if you dont defeat the fp boss... nothing.

all you people who are complaining soooo hard about premades:

what do you think happens, when you split those guys up?

a) they get on the same team anyway and nothing changes

b) they get on seprate teams and play super competitive and fair

or

c) they get on seprate teams and have a "pact of honor" where they dont attack each other

d) they are just tunneling each other to mess with their friends

i can tell you that b) is the most unlikely scenario...

if you are solo player going to war you should not expect to win. its the same in any group based game.

even if you are not q'ing together you may see a friend of yours in your team ,you know on which TS / discord they are and suddenly there isnt a premade, but still the people are in voice com and they are kicking your butt because they coordinate their assault...

This is a completely ridiculous mindset. If people didn't expect to win when queueing solo for PVP why would they bother queueing at all? Do you realize what would be the state of PVP if all the solo players left?

to remove the win requirement only leads to mindless deathmatches, as people who care about their rewards have only little incentive to actually try to win.

i think the incentive for winning is still too low.

they should add a type of pvp currency which allows you to buy operation locked gear (apex predator etc)

you only get it if you win and you actually get useful stuff

this would lead to a lot of skilled nim raiders flooding the q and actually playing for the win.

i personally dont care about finishing my weeklies or dailies as i dont get anything useful from them.

hence why i barely play pvp anymore. if i play its for ***** an giggles. that doesnt mean i am not trying to win.

i just like winnnin

a lot of the people who complain they cant win for 6 hours straight have to question themselves, if it really isnt their fault. because i know no one who has such bad bad luck.

PVP missions have worked without win requirements for years and I haven't noticed a decrease in the "mindless deathmatches" that you mention at all, nor did I notice a great number of them when there wasn't a win requirement. All this change does is reduce the number of players who queue for PVP, plain and simple.

This is a completely ridiculous mindset. If people didn't expect to win when queueing solo for PVP why would they bother queueing at all? Do you realize what would be the state of PVP if all the solo players left?

PVP missions have worked without win requirements for years and I haven't noticed a decrease in the "mindless deathmatches" that you mention at all, nor did I notice a great number of them when there wasn't a win requirement. All this change does is reduce the number of players who queue for PVP, plain and simple.

they queue for number farming.. that may be ridiculous mindset from your perspective, but there are a lot of people who do nothing else... and i dont blame them

the deathmatches have always happened a lot on every server. the change for a win requirement for quest progress doesnt do anything because people dont care for a lousy weekly or daily which gives you nothing useful at all.

due to that regs have become meme content.

if you really had a NICE reward with winning requirement people would take it more seriously but toxicity levels will go up...

some crates which you can get from fps aswell dont do the trick.

the intention of win requirements is definetly reducing afkers, numberfarmers and trolls... but seriously if number farming is more attractive to people than the rewards... it will do nothing.

mindless pvp really started with the removal of pvp gear and the introduction of unassembled components... it flooded pvp with casual pvers who just wanted to farm components. the quality of the matches really decreased from this point on and many people who liked playing regs left the game because it wasnt fun anymore.

the removal of win requirements will make it easier to complete quests and what else?

will it increase the quality of games... absolutely not.

Edited by Opiklo

They added a win requirement because the number farming got so out of hand there was literally no objective play going on it 80% of the matches. I don't mind the win requirements because it reminds me of the old 8v8 days when people actually tried to win while getting high numbers. The only change that truly sucks is the deserter lockout timer.