SIth Warrior or Jedi Knight

Surinen

Sith warrior.

The Jedi depicted in this game are total panzies and the dialogue options for a Jedi Knight suck. Up to lvl 10 on a Jedi Knight I ended up going dark side almost 100% because the other options were either A) Beyond stupid or B) the Light Side option looked like it should have been the dark side option.

In order to not be forced into being a complete ****** in the storyline you either have to be a dark side jedi knight, or just roll a sith warrior, where you get to choose between reasonable but still not a ***** and bat crap crazy.

Try out both and figure out what you enjoy.

I remember during the beta weekends people saying how bad the Consular story was. So I decided to try it and loved it.

They said the Smuggler story was great. Tried that, didn't like it.

You can't really go on what others are saying, to be honest.

Sith warrior.

The Jedi depicted in this game are total panzies and the dialogue options for a Jedi Knight suck. Up to lvl 10 on a Jedi Knight I ended up going dark side almost 100% because the other options were either A) Beyond stupid or B) the Light Side option looked like it should have been the dark side option.

In order to not be forced into being a complete ****** in the storyline you either have to be a dark side jedi knight, or just roll a sith warrior, where you get to choose between reasonable but still not a ***** and bat crap crazy.

Sith warrior.

You're telling me you've been playing this long and still don't understand how the Jedi truly roll? Not to mention you have a matter of opinion. I can sort of understand where you're coming from at least.

Alternatively, I heard the Jedi Knight story was one of the best and was not nearly as predictable as the Sith Warrior. You refer to Jedi as "panzies" which automatically holes you into a major form of opinion, rather than constructive feedback. But the Sith Warrior aren't "panzies" simply because they just barely have any moral code among each other (they're depicted very often as being "for themselves" rather than others)?

You don't even realize how much of a tool you end up being most times in the Sith Warrior storyline. So, rather than just rip apart the rest of your post, I'll instead help where I am able.

---

OP, if you prefer having a very gallant, heroic, and noble side to you, you will likely enjoy the Jedi Knight's story. At least the Light side anyway. It has that "I'm the hero" feel to it, imo. I'd be lying if I said I've gone extremely far into it, but this is just how it felt for me. Haven't seen Dark.

If you like complete anarchy and chaos, then Sith Warrior is for you. Another plus to the Sith Warrior storyline is some actual humor. Honestly, I've probably laughed the most at the things said and done in this class' adventure. Vette is also one of my favorite companions in the game. Not just because of her wit, but even her backstory is of decent quality.

As for Light and Dark, I feel as if both are capable of grabbing my attention. Many will tell you or even shun you on the Light side, but all things considered, it feels as if you're in control. Dark I will tell you is a fairly obvious and predictable path if you know Star Wars, but if it's your flavor then you'll probably still enjoy it.

Hope this much helps.

Edited by Smurfsauce

I have played the opening story for all 4 Jedi and Sith options.

Personally, my least favorite was Consular just because it lacked a lot of dynamics that I enjoyed in the others. Knight by itself was *yawnable* for the most part, and I only enjoyed it for the plot-twist that was really purely put into play by MY choices... I genuinely felt like it was much less linear at the end (even though I intended on playing a fallen 'Anakin' style character from the beginning and made choices based on that in a very RP manner)

Inquisitor is freaking hilarious if you go about it as a pure sarcastic style... laughed and loved it. Warrior was alright, i definitely enjoyed the later part of the story more than the early portions.

Only class story i have been bored with so far is Trooper. :(

Sith Warrior conversation choices:

Do you want to talk about RAGE and DESTROY BUZZ LIGHTYEAR.

Or.

Do you want to talk about RAGE and DESTROY BUZZ LIGHTYEAR whilst acting like a total **** to whoever you're speaking with?

That's not my experience at all. My SW is an affable Lawful Evil type who takes pride in his work, is a patriot to the Empire, and respects his master. On the other hand, he does not suffer fools, he understands the Empire's view on things that are used up, and as a Sith, enjoys being plenty bad when the situation calls for it.

Yes, there's a lot of talk about the Dark Side, but he's a Sith, that's to be expected.

Edited by Kmacc

Hiyo, I would like to ask: which storyline is better:

Yes. No. Maybe? Honestly, I think they are both good. Each one has a different flavor.

If you like classic hero storytelling (where heroes are heroes and villains unquestionable bad), you will probably like the Light Side Jedi storyline. I haven't played any of the DS JK story, so I have no comparison.

If you like your heroes to be flawed and your morality be a touch more in the 90's anti hero vein, then Light Side Sith Warrior is your plot.

If you want to be a complete monster, kick puppies*, kill people for fun, and otherwise be a villain protagonist, Dark Side Sith Warrior should be your pick.

* - No actual puppies are kicked by the Sith Warrior.

As I happen to prefer different stories depending on my mood, I liked all of them. Your mileage may vary.

-Kai-Lunn

Currently playing my dark side Jedi Knight as somewhat of a renegade. As in, does believe in and work for the Republic, but doesn't mind getting his hands dirty to get the job done. He's not much of a bully or a mercenary though, much to the delight of Kira. Essentially a bit like Shepard or Revan. I also enjoy teasing Satele Shan, that old stuck up bîtch :)

Only thing that really annoys me is my master, he's incredibly bland and boring. Luckily, you don't seem to interact with him much after Level 10 and mostly do your own thing.

I think the story works rather well. Problem with the Sith Warrior storyline was for me that you come across as somewhat of an arrogant, entitled prîck. Also, the Empire is obviously pretty fascist, which makes it rather hard to actually cheer for it. Probably somewhat more bearable when you go light side as a Sith, but for the most part, as cool as it is at times, I'd just rather see it burn.

Edited by xellfish

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
From what I hear, Sith Warrior gets healing companion alot earlier.......

This and the fact as a sith you do what the hell you want to do. I prefer the story the sith story, but I like jk animations better. However, the sith voice is better at least if you play a female character.

The stories are very different. In one, there's a constant sense of danger, especially if you play LS. In the other, the risk is mainly internal and builds more slowly as it depends on events becoming higher and higher risk. Both are Epic in their own way. I'd say do both. Oh, and consider going dps. It doesn't get enough love, but is insanely fun, especially vigilence/vengence, imo.

Re:sith voice. The male sith is one of the best acting jobs in the game, right up there with the male agent and inquisitor. Haven't played the female versions, so can't comment on those.

Edited by errant_knight

I'd play Jedi Knight first for story because at the end of the sith warrior you get a mail SPOILING a lot for the jedi knight.

I did Jedi Knight 3 times before I did the Sith warrior one time and was like "Ha. thats funny"

• 1 month later...
Hiyo, I would like to ask: which storyline is better:

Sith Warrior

or

Jedi Knight

and why ?

I'd like to say that jedi knight is better. i look at the jedi with more... noble, but sith warrior has alot of fun killing people. since ur looking for story i'd give u some hints. Jedi knight: u defeat the empiror, but alot of the time u have to do stuff like this. Cpt whtever " we made a devise that the siths captured and we need u to get it back or destroy it" Warrior u get to have fun doing whtever u want, but jedi defeats the empiror, and ur only the wrath.

I can say that without a question SW has been the best storyline for me at least.

I enjoyed the JK as well but not nearly as much as I ddi SW.

Never really liked the Smuggler that much. Trooper was ok, and I liked the SI as well.

Both are good. On my first Knight, I thought story was pretty bland and straightforward, but I admit I never paid much attention to it because I rushed to endgame. On my next Knight, however, I invested some thought into the character and a healthy combination of LS and DS choices painted a nice shades of grey picture.

Same with the Warrior. Played him as a "Sith Samurai". Minimal religious fanaticism (Dark Side this, Dark Side that, rage and hate, etc, etc.), maximum efficiency and reasonable amounts of violence (show honour and respect and you live. Act like a pig and enjoy eternal peace). I also liked some of the deeper morality undertones of the SW story - Knight seems a little more black/white in this regard.

Bottomline - both are good, if you don't try to overanalyze them and just enjoy the voice acting, the cutscenes and character interaction.

From what I hear, Sith Warrior gets healing companion alot earlier.......

Healing companions are for wusses. Went Vigilance+Kira and Carnage+Vette on my last Warrior and Knight all the way (including H2, no outlevelling).

• 4 months later...

Well,I gotta say I preferred the SW story allot more then the JK story.

Reasons (w/o spoiling anything) :

Playing a DS JK isn't right at any point of view.The story was set to be played LS, as the DS options look lame and boring . On the other hand playing a LS SW is fun and worth trying it , even LS choices are understandable and got a huge impact on the Story,even tho I preferred DS SW story allot more ( I mean , who doesn't like striking PPL down with hes Light saber and just go away like nothing happened ) The Main reason I would've never, never play a JK is the voice (David Hayter) , I mean the voice sounds so childish , that taking a DS choice was impossible , because hes voice didn't fit hes actions , Your are in total tension, ready to kill him and then you hear *All right , It's time to Die* and its like *OH dude , why opened your mouth ? kill him all ready , and stop talking* Lol.

Well , If you only want to play the class w/o being that interested about the Story go JK (animations are by miles better then the SW's animations,and by far the best from all classes)If you like a good story , where your actions have a huge impact on the story and being feared all around the Galaxys go SW , ACT l may be boring , but its totally worth keep going , since ACT ll blows every story away (except the IA storyline)

Overall , both storys got their Ups and Downs.But SW story is more interesting (or maybe just fits myself more) then the JK.

Cheers.

played both.

Go with Sith Warrior.

why?

Sith warrior is a great class story wise, Dark and light choices have an impact. NPCs will react to you with respect based on your actions unlike Jedi Knight which is basicly public servant on light side and psycho D-bag on dark side.

Also Jedi knight voice acting is HORRIBLE! I can't bare to listen to that guy. Sith warrior male and Female version have some of the best voice acting in the game.

If you make Sith warrior Dark side run you are into a fun fun run.... kinda not surprising but it's damn fun.

Also you get an healer pet before level 20 while jedi knight get healer pet around level 35-40!

other then that... if you played kotor and read the book "Revan" Jedi knight is *** boring. It's like kotor\revan all over again... basicly it's continuation of that book.

i played both dark and light for both classes,dark side jedi is lame,makes no sense,light sided jedi is quite bad4ss for a jedi,dark sided warrior (not completely dark as my dark jedi,just lawful evil) is a classic villain,the light sided warrior is the best of all,noble,patriotic,brave,it's my favourite story.

I often wonder why everybody says that imperial stories are so much better than republic stories ?

I don't wonder why people say that; I wonder why the quality of the stories is so much different - assumed it really is.

Edit : My usual suspects :

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GoodIsBoring

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilIsCool

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

• 7 months later...