life day items on cartel market insulting.

gabarooni

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually thought the Devs said that nothing relating to real world holidays were planned, and that if they had holidays it would be relevant to the universe/lore, but don't remember them saying it was a guarantee to be in, either. Just something that may come to pass if they felt like doing it (and got the necessary

Your memory serves you well. While they didn't say "We promise" or "We guarantee" regarding holiday events, they did state that they would be coming. Life Day was specifically references. And I agree - if we're just getting a half-hearted Christmas offering with the "Life Day" misapplied, I'd rather get nothing at all. Heck, you'd think if they were going to apply all these unnecessary allusions to Christmas, they could at least get into the spirit of giving. :rolleyes:

Also, the worst part is that Life Day isn't even the Star Wars version of Christmas - it's equivalent is Thanksgiving.

Sadly i have 3 months left on my sub, more non event cartel market items and il cut and run plenty of good mmos out there and some good new games lined up for release.

I have 4 months left and I wish it was shorter. I don't really like the direction this game is going. I'm sick of seeing all the dumb f2p items floating around the fleet, doesn't matter if I buy them or not I still have to see them. It's a little immersion breaking seeing all the f2p gadgets and silly items all about (as ironic as that sounds in a star wars game)

It continues to stun me that there are high-profile companies with large bottom lines can make such horrific PR mistakes. Stop trying to one-up Dwight Howard for how to fail at public relations, BiowareEA. EA surely employs several firms, so go consult with one if you can't use logic and common sense. Good grief.

It continues to stun me that there are high-profile companies with large bottom lines can make such horrific PR mistakes. Stop trying to one-up Dwight Howard for how to fail at public relations, BiowareEA. EA surely employs several firms, so go consult with one if you can't use logic and common sense. Good grief.

EA should write a book or several books:

• How to take a good company and ruin its name (they could have about 6 volumes of this now)
  • How to annoy and insult your playerbases intelligence
  • How to fail at managing a large IP
  • How to milk your customers for all you can 101

I wouldn't bet on it.

neither would i, they will leave this one run give it a few months to blow over all the hate and then do another "event" like this.

Edited by mentalmackem

I don't post much. Ever, really. But I started playing this game during the beta and have been subbed ever since.

The trend of charging your SUBSCRIBERS for content is getting out of hand. The Cartel Packs were a little over the line, imo, but I was initially fine with it. Then the Life Day pack came out and it fully crossed the line. 2000 coins is much more than any subscriber should have to pay to get content for a game they are already paying for.

Since when is it ok to paygate stuff from SUBSCRIBERS?

You are already getting our money on a monthly basis, why are you nickel and dime-ing us?

Like most MMO's, they're going to release the actual life day event a week before Christmas. So it will most likely come out next week. Think of these items as "special" life day items. There will probably be a completely seperate adaptable set of armor with the event.

No an BW poster has flat said in another thread there will be no life day event.

I posted the link to it earlier in this tread if you care to look for it.

Like most MMO's, they're going to release the actual life day event a week before Christmas. So it will most likely come out next week. Think of these items as "special" life day items. There will probably be a completely seperate adaptable set of armor with the event.

Not to blame you for missing it or making fun of you or anything because I too was thinking about the same a few hours ago but we already got the answer about that :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5559782#edit5559782

Agreed. I pre-ordered the game before launch (just the regular edition), and have had a 6 month recurring sub ever since. I spent about 500 CCs on buying Rocket Boots and all the upgrades (a great deal for the 5 mil it usually costs for a legacy wide perk). Even then, I come up about 1000 CCs short of buying the stuff to celebrate Life Day with. I honestly feel betrayed. I thought they said subscribers wouldn't have to pay to participate in events (and here I assume holidays are events as well).

:(

I'm pretty irritated that there's no artistic integrity with this company. Everything is re-skinned or changed in so little a way that it's clear they're not even trying.

The highlight of the lone (new, allegedly) cartel pack I bought, was the fact that it didn't have anything in it that wasn't already available in the original 2 packs. As much as I can use another imperial banner, I kind of hoped for ANYTHING else. But, that was the highlight of it.

I was also treated to 3.5 hours of pvp, without a single pop of the new warzone. Fun, fun.

Way to keep the bar low, eaware

I think at this point it's a matter of resources for the division of EA/BW that works on SWTOR.

Sometimes companies are on a budget and are unwilling to spend even 100 euros on something...I speak from experience, even fortune 500 companies have super tight budgets.

It all depends on the numbers, if they estimate they will get X ammount of return from the cash shop then they are ready to deal with Y ammount of people being pissed about it and leaving and Z ammount of new people who will come in and use it.

I just see Bio/EA being EA (greedy as all hell.)

They over spent makeing this Game,then thought by not listening to the player base (including beta testers) and not provideing any useful information in a timely fashion they could recoup loss's.

Seriously the only thing that stands out in this game is the Single player story.(play it then move on)

So it was officially confirmed that there will be no event, and the life day packs are all we are getting.

Probably biggest letdown so far

While we're definitely excited about the new Life Day items in the Cartel Market, I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have any in-game events planned for the future! We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.

It's funny how one year ago, there was a lot of players opposed to having a christmas event, see e.g.:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=90889

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=18129

Including those against a life day event.

And when BioWare goes down that path? We have people whining on the forums as to how they don't do an event? Like yeh.... And meanwhile the community wants to keep on convincing itself that it knows what it wants. That forum feedback is a good thing for BioWare to listen to, as a representation of what the community wants.

Well, one may say BioWare listened, as the community stated before, they do not want Christmas events.

It's funny how one year ago, there was a lot of players opposed to having a christmas event, see e.g.:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=90889

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=18129

Including those against a life day event.

And when BioWare goes down that path? We have people whining on the forums as to how they don't do an event? Like yeh.... And meanwhile the community wants to keep on convincing itself that it knows what it wants. That forum feedback is a good thing for BioWare to listen to, as a representation of what the community wants.

Well, one may say BioWare listened, as the community stated before, they do not want Christmas events.

but they didnt ignore the problem they still put in the life day crap and that atrocious speeder, christmas and life day are the problem, if you think the fact it was a "event" was why people didnt want it. you are mistaken

Edited by Vis-Tecum

I'll have to disagree.

Over the years,I've played well over 20 MMO's and only one or two of those MMO's did a good job making events on a regular basis.They either become really cheesy,or annoying,or disruptive to normal game play.

In one event,a Halloween one in old Everquest,they had giant skeletons attacking the cities.It ended up killing newbies as they tried to eke out some meager lowbie exp (in EQ you lose exp everytime you die,so dying over and over will cost you game time and prevent you form levelling).After the event ,I logged into my account and found that my main who died during the event (and I didn't have time to rescue his body because of all the lag) was erased.So yes,I hate events,and I cancelled my EQ account.

Rather than plan events (which waste developers time from making content) it's better to hand out gifts. What I think TOR should do ,on Christmas (yes,I said Christmas),send in-game Mail to the chars wishing them well,thanking them for their support and few small gifts,like Minor Xp booster or random loot box.Keep it simple and classy,and save the time and money that would go into an event and put it into making new content.

Edited by Joajoa