Couple problems after recent patch.

GoodFightBrah

Hiya everyone, I have been currently having issues with cutscenes on my Jedi Sage. After every cutscene/conversation I have to re-log because the game camera is bugged and is twitching like its trying to zoom in and out; I can also change the angle of where it looks to a certain point but I cannot move during this.

On any of my other characters I can have a conversation and the camera will not bug out in the way my Sage does. Also on my Sage sometimes when I kill an enemy unit, the bodies vanish and I can't see drops. I have to re-log to see the bodies/drops every time I kill something.

This is really frustrating and I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else before, and knew how to fix or maybe solve this issue. Sorry if this isn't the right forum for this post, I am horrible with forums.

Please help me if you can. :D

My consular is having conversation issues too, no bug with the bodies though. I've not been able to continue my class story for days, since the required conversation will not load, no matter what I do. It's always at the same point, every time I reset it. It's getting really frustrating now, as I'm a paid subscriber and very close to end game! I hope this gets dealt with with the next maintenance patch!

• Dev Post

Hello,

We have discovered a very strange bug where the camera can become "stuck" after conversations for Jedi Consulars. Interestingly enough, we have tracked the culprit down to your good buddy Qyzen Fess! More specifically, when he's wearing some pairs gloves (such as Gamorrean Heavy Handguards), it's causing this to happen. The workaround is to dismiss the companion or remove his gloves. We're working on a fix for an upcoming patch and will be adding it to the Known Issues.

Thanks for your patience with Qyzen while he causes problems. We're working with him to fix this and will add it to the Known Issues today.

Hello,

We have discovered a very strange bug where the camera can become "stuck" after conversations for Jedi Consulars. Interestingly enough, we have tracked the culprit down to your good buddy Qyzen Fess! More specifically, when he's wearing some pairs gloves (such as Gamorrean Heavy Handguards), it's causing this to happen. The workaround is to dismiss the companion or remove his gloves. We're working on a fix for an upcoming patch and will be adding it to the Known Issues.

Thanks for your patience with Qyzen while he causes problems. We're working with him to fix this and will add it to the Known Issues today.

Qyzen be trollin! :tran_grin:

This has been a wonderful revelation. However, in my case it was a smuggler and Guss Tuno's gloves (Relaxed Vestment Handwraps).

Simply dismissing the companion did not help, but unequipping his gloves (after he was dismissed) did the trick.

This thread gets a +10 for helpfulness, in-game support is still rated 2 though.

• Dev Post

Hi again!

As an update (and confirmation to those of you who have already posted about this), we have determined that while Qyzen Fess is the most common culprit, other Companions and their gloves can cause conversations not to start (usually ship's Holoterminal) or cause camera issues. If dismissing your active Companion Character does not help as a workaround for the issue, please be sure to try removing those pesky gloves and then try the conversation once more.

We will continue to monitor this thread for your updates and reports as we work to get it fixed for an upcoming patch. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

I've tested removing the gloves from Qyzen, and it worked as well as if I had dismissed him prior to the conversation.

My original message didn't take into account the new work around. For some reason my browser didn't load the most recent posts. Thank you so much to the OP. As stated above, +10 for usefulness.

Edited by BMalones
New Work Around