level 33 and just now doing flashpoints.

so, after realizing a few characters ago that almost nobody wants to team up with you and do heroic missions, or flashpoints, i decided to do a bit of an experiment. i leveled my current character up to level 33 before i started doing any flashpoints or heroic missions. i figured that with a higher level, i could go back, and just do them myself without needing a team. i am currently correct. i figured level 33 was a good place to start going back, because by this point, i had missed out on a lot of xp by not doing heroic missions, or flashpoints, and all of the drones that i was going up against were level 36... (i was mostly able to get this far by using the sith assassin and sneaking passed most enemies instead of fighting them) so i decided that i would try some flash points. i did look for a team for hammer station and found one person who was willing to play with me, but when we actually got into the mission, i found out that i did not even need that other person. those puny level 16 enemies could not even scratch my armor, let alone threaten to kill me. i didnt have to stop once to loath and regenerate my heath. after that, i could not find anyone to do the next mission, so i went by myself. i experienced the same effect. they could not touch me, and i was a beast. i havent tried much more than that, but i think if i go back and do the heroic missions, i will have the same result.

IN SHORT

in order to stay at the same level as your enemies, you NEED to do all of the flashpoints and the heroic missions. they provide valuable xp that you will miss later on in life. but, if you really dont feel like waiting around for a team, and dont mind a challenge, build up your level, and go back and do them by yourself.

agree or disagree? discuss

There are ways to get XP without doing heroics / flashpoints (space combat, PVP).

Going back at higher levels doesn't really do a whole lot since you are too high to realize any XP or get much value from any drops.

On one of my alts I leveled from 1-50 without doing any flashpoints and only heroics that I could solo. At certain points you will be fighting mobs a level or two above you but it isn't too hard to do each planet quest line and your class quest.

Why are people so against grouping in this game? I dont know about others, but I want to see all of the content, including Heroics and Flashpoints. I play a healing spec Sage, and last night it was impossible to find any groups for heroics. Im on Nar Shadda at the moment with this character. I would ask for groups over general, with no replies at all. There were over 40 people on last night on Nar Shadda and nobody was using chat at all. All you saw in chat was the yellow logs.

Is it because we have companions in this game that players dont want to group. Do people just not realize the benefits of doing heroics? Every time I head over to the fleet to try and get a group for flashpoints its like Im the only one there.

I am wondering why Im even rolling a healer now. The only character I heal is my companion it seems. What a waste.

can be many factors besides not wanting to group.

they have done already done it (would you rather get a sorry already done it message).

could be an alt who knows the rewards and just does specific heroics.(this one is probly the highest factor).

person can be away from keyboard.

Edited by andiegirl

Why are people so against grouping in this game? I dont know about others, but I want to see all of the content, including Heroics and Flashpoints. I play a healing spec Sage, and last night it was impossible to find any groups for heroics. Im on Nar Shadda at the moment with this character. I would ask for groups over general, with no replies at all. There were over 40 people on last night on Nar Shadda and nobody was using chat at all. All you saw in chat was the yellow logs.

Is it because we have companions in this game that players dont want to group. Do people just not realize the benefits of doing heroics? Every time I head over to the fleet to try and get a group for flashpoints its like Im the only one there.

I am wondering why Im even rolling a healer now. The only character I heal is my companion it seems. What a waste.

The problem is twofold. First, you get less experience when you group up. Second, the heroic missions and flashpoints take a long time just from having to coordinate everyone and wait for people to walk over.

This winds up with a situation where grouping up means getting LESS experience per time spent. After the first time you spend an hour running a FP and get half the xp that you did just staying on the planet, you quickly stop bothering.

The problem is twofold. First, you get less experience when you group up. Second, the heroic missions and flashpoints take a long time just from having to coordinate everyone and wait for people to walk over.

This winds up with a situation where grouping up means getting LESS experience per time spent. After the first time you spend an hour running a FP and get half the xp that you did just staying on the planet, you quickly stop bothering.

Have you ever played the game?

Less experience when grouped seriously?

Try to group up and do every planet with a friend and tell me it requires more time.... Bah!

Grouping :

1) Gives MORE experience.

2) Gives MORE/BETTER loot.

3) Makes everything quicker.

I'm leveling an alt with a friend's alt and we find we skip every other planet (just doing class quests on skipped planets) because we actually outlevel the quests to gray.

I don't think you're playing the same game as us, you level up much faster in a group than solo.