Warning, You will lose your deposit if you remove an item off the GTN!

poobacca

I was trying to relist at a lower price but noticed my bank account went DOWN 50k after relisting. I DID NOT get my deposit back when I pulled the item.

I do think you get the deposit back if it expires.

They really need to fix this. What a waste of credits.

lol dude, stop posting this in multiple sections, it is not a bug, its working as intended, you pay to list it, you want to cancel, of course there should be a loss of sometime. Make sure you want to sell it before you list it, or just let it run out of time (ie max of 48 hours)

I was trying to relist at a lower price but noticed my bank account went DOWN 50k after relisting. I DID NOT get my deposit back when I pulled the item.

I love how their system works now, you do get your full deposit back if it doesn't sell, and i like how the deposit is based on your asking price.

Honestly i think we should only get half of our deposit back it will reduce some of the crazy prices people put up stuff for.

I have seen non-Aug slots orange weps not even crafted up for 100k-2Million

Orange Belts/Bracers for 800K+

I love how their system works now, you do get your full deposit back if it doesn't sell, and i like how the deposit is based on your asking price.

Honestly i think we should only get half of our deposit back it will reduce some of the crazy prices people put up stuff for.

From what I have seen, orange belt/bracers are very rare and have a high demand. That is where your really high price comes from

Working as intended. Just like any other MMO's AH/GTN/Whatever.

The deposit is a disincentive to constantly pulling sales for whatever reason (such as undercutting and undercutter).

Working as intended. Just like any other MMO's AH/GTN/Whatever.

The deposit is a disincentive to constantly pulling sales for whatever reason (such as undercutting and undercutter).

This is a very clever way to do it. I approve. Personally I prefer this deposit method.

In WoW, they actually take your deposit if your auction expires. What happens is, if you keep attempting to sell that item, you would LOSE money in the long run. You are punished if you want to sell something, and fail.

This discourages me from selling gear because they rarely sell, and the deposit, which is based on the item's base value, are quite high. I had no choice but to disenchant those items instead, because disenchanted mats don't have a base value, and you can keep trying to sell them without penalty.

In SWTOR, they return your deposit if your auction fails, so I can keep trying to sell them with a peace of mind.

This is a very clever way to do it. I approve. Personally I prefer this deposit method.

In WoW, they actually take your deposit if your auction expires. What happens is, if you keep attempting to sell that item, you would LOSE money in the long run. You are punished if you want to sell something, and fail.

This discourages me from selling gear because they rarely sell, and the deposit, which is based on the item's base value, are quite high. I had no choice but to disenchant those items instead, because disenchanted mats don't have a base value, and you can keep trying to sell them without penalty.

In SWTOR, they return your deposit if your auction fails, so I can keep trying to sell them with a peace of mind.

I agree. Keeping the deposit regardless of whether or not the item sells but allowing unlimited listings with fixed prices that often don't fit what is being sold (i.e. most potions below the level 70 area) is one way to do it, but IMO it's a bad way of doing it.

On the other hand, requiring a deposit and only taking it if you de-list an item and only taking a portion of the deposit on a successful sale while holding a set limit for the number of items you can have listed at once is a much better system. It cuts down on clutter, prevents small but wealthy portions of the player-base from monopolizing sales and ensures only worthwhile items are being sold.

SWTOR's system is win/win.

Orange belts/bracers are BiS with rakata mod and armoring. Plus they are not crafted by anyone. They are strictly a random world drop. Really low supply and high demand means really high prices.

Orange belts/bracers are BiS with rakata mod and armoring. Plus they are not crafted by anyone. They are strictly a random world drop. Really low supply and high demand means really high prices.

Don't think you were getting my point.

The servers i play on 90% of the time there are Orange belts/bracers for all but Medium JK/SW on from 50k-200k that is a good price because its very rare not to see them up at all.

I was using them as an example, where people will post an item for insane prices and yet the same item is up for a fraction of that price.

well what do you think a deposit is for?!?

at my school if you want to live on campus you need to put down a deposit when housing applications start, the deposit is put down to reserve a spot for YOU.

if you cancel that application you forfeit the deposit, same thing for the GTN, you put a deposit down for the right to place the sale, if you forfeit that sale you lose the deposit.

to the OP, serious question, what do you think a deposit is for?