Redundant items.

General_Tavorrik

So my birthday is July 12th, my girlfriend thought it would be a nice surprise to load up $60 *********** dollars worth of piece of **** cartel coins to buy the new Hypercrate pack and get the ST-7 Walker. As we're both excited sitting there clicking through 24 worthless *********** packs. You get to the end of the line and click the last one. Not a dam thing. Just tons of stupid *** redundant items. Feeling bad I didn't get the one thing I wanted from the surprise, and me feeling like **** she spent ~~~~ $60 *********** ~~~~ dollars on Cartel coins for nothing. Please.... please *********** fix this. Thanks for yet again, not a dam thing BioFail.

Solution:

1) wait the 36 hours to unbind all the stuff

2) post everything you got on the GTN

3) it will ALL sell eventually

4) use the proceeds to buy what you wanted

Problem: There are NO ST-7 walkers on the GTN for the past several day. The ONE i did see was selling and SOLD for 25million. All the redundant crap I got will not equal or even come close to 25mil IF someone even post another up.

Solution: Biofail fixes the redundant crap. 24 to 0 is ********.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_number_generation

That's working exactly like it is supposed to. You should never depend on random to get something you desire. What you SHOULD have done was sell the unopened packs and use those proceeds to buy the item you wanted, since there was exactly one specific thing you were looking for.

The packs do not guarantee anything. The hypercrate is not an 'all-in' box. You get randomly determined items, and no pack has any relation to any other, so 'last pack in the hypercrate' is not any more valuable than any other pack in the hypercrate. They are all identically random.

TL;DR: Sorry you didn't get the thing you wanted, but that's what happens.

P.S. The irony is when that what you consider tons of repeat worthless items could in fact be very valuable items. You really should check the prices before you just throw them all away.

P. P. S. I'm thinking of a poster who had the same complaint some time ago about getting multiple copies of Revan's Mask from the First Grand Acquisitions Pack. I wanted to scream.

Edited by Daewan

I've personally not heard of any good Cartel Market stories, they should consider reworking the entire stupid thing so you can just straight up buy stuff..... whatever, just needed to rant, not really even sure why now... Bioware and definitely EA doesn't care.

People continue to spend money on it so it wont change. There is just a very vocal minority who complain.

I've personally not heard of any good Cartel Market stories, they should consider reworking the entire stupid thing so you can just straight up buy stuff..... whatever, just needed to rant, not really even sure why now... Bioware and definitely EA doesn't care.

At this point, I'm really tired of repeating the same thing over and over but some people don't seem to be able to understand it.

The Walkers are working exactly as Bioware intended them to.

Having a fleet full of Walkers would make them less desirable. Thus, you wouldn't be as eager to spend money on getting them. If they were available for direct purchase their price would soon fall so low that anyone would be able to have them (see Eradicator's Set).

That's not what people want.

They want unique things, because they make them feel special.

You can choose to agree or disagree, but it's the truth. Deal with it.

And as long as you are spending money for a chance to get what you want, Bioware is extremely pleased with the results.

I've personally not heard of any good Cartel Market stories, they should consider reworking the entire stupid thing so you can just straight up buy stuff.....

I've bought some crates off the GTN recently, freed up a special character's inventory and bank tabs, and totaling up everything that came out by GTN prices - it was all worth roughly the same as what the crates cost.

Not every crate is going to drop a walker. You have to understand, a walker is $150, a crate is $50, and you get at least $25 worth out of it in less valuable items.