[HEROIC 4] The Shroud's Last Stand. Needs a Nerf!

Needs to be nerfd.. Finding a group is almost impossible, and then when you get to the last boss and you wipe everyone quits and you have to look for another group for the next 2-4 days with absolutely 0 whispers..

It's bull crap.. it should be nerfd so it can be 2 manned

2015 Edit: 2 Years later and this quest is still an issue.. my original request was so that it could be 2manned, now my request is that it can be solod, finding ANYONE who is on this quest is near impossible..

Edited by Berronaxftw

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. Far to many of that kind of Heroic already.

Hear Hear,

I tired of content getting nerfed just because some people have difficulty with it. If you wipe on content, talk with your group to see if you can figure it out and improve your strategies. Don't call for a nerf.

Hear Hear,

I tired of content getting nerfed just because some people have difficulty with it. If you wipe on content, talk with your group to see if you can figure it out and improve your strategies. Don't call for a nerf.

Totally agree.

It is fine.

Took me 3 grp though to do it.

1st grp - someone didnt speak english, couldnt get grp to cooperate

2nd grp - got wiped at boss and one guy quit, soon after grp dissolved

3rd grp - finally right ppl with brains, we got wiped by Shroud 2 times, but each time improving, 3rd time got him with no problems at all..

Btw the ride there is amazing, i loved it :-)

Needs to be nerfd.. Finding a group is almost impossible, and then when you get to the last boss and you wipe everyone quits and you have to look for another group for the next 2-4 days with absolutely 0 whispers..

It's bull crap.. it should be nerfd so it can be 2 manned

I was in the same situation for almost a week, got to the Shroud heroics seemingly alone on the server on the second day of the expansion and had to wait 5 days until the rest of the server caught up. When we got a group, we did the quest without problems.

The last quest is by no means hard if you discuss strategies and coordinate with your group properly. I suspect the reason so few people seem to have this quest is that because most people don't find that the rewards are worth the effort Let's face it, the novelty of using the macrobinoculars wears off after the second planet and the seeker droids become mind-numbingly boring even on the first. The whole quest chain must have taken at least 8-9 hours. I guess most people will not invest that kind of time into something without knowing up front that rewards will be worthwhile.

So, imho, increase the rewards for finishing the quest chain, a cool new speeder or at least a full-set of gear. Do you honestly think that after having done hours and hours of digging on a multiude of planets, people will go back there to dig some more? Maybe give out the entire armor set for finishing the quest chain.

Alternatively, add these quests to the group finder.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

You probably can't find people because the quest chain is rather long. With the amount of dailies added + people gearing up for raiding, they might have back burner'd this quest (along with the Seed quest).

It took a week for me to finish it but that was because guildies had to catch up. Have some patience OP, it'll make your gaming life a little more enjoyable.

Sidenote:

The Shroud Quest line = Whoever designed it, absolutely LOVED Batman Arkham City so much that they decided to make a SWTOR version of the Riddler side chain. (( Find clues >> find Secret layer >> figure out long puzzle >> Continue and Repeat)). I'm not upset about this, because I loved the hell out of the Riddler line in the game too and I'm glad they put resources towards it.

I'm just really frustrated that this long, solo quest line ends in a heroic at all. Takes 5+ hours to reach that point, then it's like oh, you can't finish this on your own. Sorry. I went to Nar Shadda to see if I can find a group. No other 50's were there.

This doesn't need a nerf, it needs removed. A quest shouldn't start out as a soloable affair, than turn into a heroic. Or make it staged like makeb weekly. Where I can do it by myself, or with a group if I choose and I get more.. something.

I'm just really frustrated that this long, solo quest line ends in a heroic at all. Takes 5+ hours to reach that point, then it's like oh, you can't finish this on your own. Sorry. I went to Nar Shadda to see if I can find a group. No other 50's were there.

This doesn't need a nerf, it needs removed. A quest shouldn't start out as a soloable affair, than turn into a heroic. Or make it staged like makeb weekly. Where I can do it by myself, or with a group if I choose and I get more.. something.

And you need 4 people for sure to trigger those consoles.

I don't think it needs to be nerfed. I don't mind dying. But when there are places you can fall or get knocked out of the game I resent having to take a taxi ride from the med bay and then speedrbike/run for 3 or 4 minutes to get back to the fight. It's ridiculous to be honest. Fix that and I'll be happy with it. Until then I probably won't bother trying again,

Yeah, if you think it's hard to find a group now, how bad do you think it will be in six months? A year?

It'll be worse than the HK quest is now. At least the HK quest can be done solo - even if it does test your sanity. But for a solo quest line that takes several hours to complete to end with a group mission is ridiculous. If you're going to need a group to complete the quest, it should be established from the beginning. I also think it should be no more than a Heroic 2+, to make it easier to find groups in the future.

I don't have a problem with group content, but I do have a problem when it pretends to be solo content for the first 5 hours, then tells you that you need a group.

Sure, I meant healer in the group.

Which is hard to find, a group of 4 and must have a healer for such a long chain. I spent days to find a group and we don't have a healer in the beginning, wiped a few times in the security droids encounter, got a healer, reached final boss and wiped, then I had to get 2 new players to get it done. The reward suck as hell, the story's end is also not cool.

There is an easy fix. Make the quest repeatable, and give it a reward that people want. Say 2x elite commendations and 10x basic commendations per day.

Then people will do it.

It is a very very poor design decision to make a difficult non-repeatable heroic that needs four people the final part of this quest chain. Sack whoever came up with the idea because they have no *********** idea what they are doing and should not be working on a MMO anywhere.

Which is hard to find, a group of 4 and must have a healer for such a long chain. I spent days to find a group and we don't have a healer in the beginning, wiped a few times in the security droids encounter, got a healer, reached final boss and wiped, then I had to get 2 new players to get it done. The reward suck as hell, the story's end is also not cool.

You can always offer credits to shorten the search for players.

There is an easy fix. Make the quest repeatable, and give it a reward that people want. Say 2x elite commendations and 10x basic commendations per day.

Then people will do it.

It is a very very poor design decision to make a difficult non-repeatable heroic that needs four people the final part of this quest chain. Sack whoever came up with the idea because they have no *********** idea what they are doing and should not be working on a MMO anywhere.

This ^^ +1

I did this mission with one another player. There is just one moment where you need 2 other players to press one key, but you can prepare everything with only two players.

And in a leveling area you find easily 2 players for some credits who will press a button for you.

Thats the way we made it.

Even the last fight is no problem with two players (although it is much harder to do it with only two players, but we made it with two DDs (slinger and sentinel)