Are you people serious!?

AngraMainju

So, this thread is a result of reading all those posts about recent roadmap. Seriously, people, don't you have any other concerns than character names and new server names!? For example:

-New PvP, cross-faction map- it was told that other maps are in progress of changing into cross-faction as well. Can we expect non-PvP content being cross-faction as well? For example, do changes in group finder include making it cross faction?

-New flashpoint and new augments- what will be the grade of those augments? Will HM/NIM ops be upscaled, or will those augments just make going through that content easier? Will a new flashpoint drop schematics for augment, what mats will be needed?

-Server merging- how big impact will it actually have on server population- when looking at the biggest servers, like The Red Eclipse or The Harbinger, how much bigger than them will the new servers be? What will be the impact on gtn prices?

-Ops "early next year"- what does it even mean? January? February? March? April?

-Conquest and gf revamp- what do you mean by focus on daily activities? Will the revamp make it easier for smaller guilds to compete with the biggest ones? When will we know more about the direction of those changes?

-GSF improvements will happen in less than a week, and yet we know nothing about them. What should we expect?

- "Utility adjustments" are mentioned only once in the roadmap. They are supposed to happen in one and a half month. Will they include only nerfs, as was the case with most dps/hps adjustments, or some classes can expect some buffs?

Only some of the questions that I am not only interested in, but I consider actually important. Now, about most popular posts and concerns regarding the roadmap, that will be taken into account, because people seem more concerned about those belowe, than those above:

-What about my crapload of character names!? Will I have to change a name from "Johnny" into "Johnn'y" of one of my, again, tons of characters that I have on every single server that ever existed in this game? If so, I will unsub and delete the game, and i am sub since the dawn of time! What a stupid, and pointless change is that server merging! Nobody wantsthat!!!!!!!111111

-Omg, what a stupid server name!! I don't even look at that name, as nobody cares about it, but it makes sooooooo easyyyy to make fun of it!!!! OMG rly!???? Pls, waaste your resources on fixing that instead of focusing on anything even remotely important, including more QoL changes, not to mention creating new stuff.

Now that we know the answers the those childish questions can we finally get some answers to those important ones?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But but but, romance? WHAT OF THE ROMANCES!?

Hey! Are you making fun? :( Romances are important to me. As is story. That's what matters to me. :o I can't wait to hear more about story and when we can expect some more. I figure story lovers will have to wait until they complete all the changes. I hope they won't keep us waiting too long. I'm eager, cause there isn't much on that roadmap that spoke to me personally.

Edited by Lunafox

What you deem important is not important to everyone. People will talk about what matters to them more than what they think is important to the game as a whole but doesn't impact them personally.

-New PvP, cross-faction map- it was told that other maps are in progress of changing into cross-faction as well. Can we expect non-PvP content being cross-faction as well? For example, do changes in group finder include making it cross faction?

Makes no difference to me.

-New flashpoint and new augments- what will be the grade of those augments? Will HM/NIM ops be upscaled, or will those augments just make going through that content easier? Will a new flashpoint drop schematics for augment, what mats will be needed?

Makes no difference to me. But I believe they said the augments will be 230/236 and the old content will not be rescaled.

-Server merging- how big impact will it actually have on server population- when looking at the biggest servers, like The Red Eclipse or The Harbinger, how much bigger than them will the new servers be? What will be the impact on gtn prices?

That's relative per server. Over all I expect prices to drop.

-Ops "early next year"- what does it even mean? January? February? March? April?

-Conquest and gf revamp- what do you mean by focus on daily activities? Will the revamp make it easier for smaller guilds to compete with the biggest ones? When will we know more about the direction of those changes?

I hope so. I hope that means there will be more repeatable solo content included. I expect we will hear more when we get closer to the launch date.

-GSF improvements will happen in less than a week, and yet we know nothing about them. What should we expect?

- "Utility adjustments" are mentioned only once in the roadmap. They are supposed to happen in one and a half month. Will they include only nerfs, as was the case with most dps/hps adjustments, or some classes can expect some buffs?

I've learned to roll with the punches years ago, so it makes no difference to me.

Now that we know the answers the those childish questions can we finally get some answers to those important ones?

Hey! Are you making fun? :( Romances are important to me. As is story. That's what matters to me. :o I can't wait to hear more about story and when we can expect some more. I figure story lovers will have to wait until they complete all the changes. I hope they won't keep us waiting too long. I'm eager, cause there isn't much on that roadmap that spoke to me personally.

Knew I needed another disclaimer.......:(

But but but, romance? WHAT OF THE ROMANCES!?

How dare you? I take Arcann romance very seriously. I'm finally ready to settle down and have 16+ children with my redeemed tyrant.

After the planets he has bombed, it's time to repopulate the galaxy.:rak_03:

YOU CAN'T STOP THIS!!!:rak_06:

Edited by Eshvara

What you deem important is not important to everyone. People will talk about what matters to them more than what they think is important to the game as a whole but doesn't impact them personally.

And that's what makes me angry.

I am not a huge operations fan, but I still consider it as an important aspect; I fly gsf very rarely, but I would love to see some balance adjustments along with new map; I hate veteran flashpoints and do HM flashpoints only for conquest or because guildmates ask me, but I am interested in new fp and I hope it will be better than Crisis on Umbara (which shouldn't be that difficult....); I do not go through every single KOTFE/KOTET chapter on every mode, but didn't ***** about it in every single topic in last two years, especially that the story was made for force users, and my main is a scoundrel and that made story even worse.

The most narrow-minded people living in their small world complain the most. I am NOT asking something that only I "deem important", but those are the things that majority of the playerbase deem important despite what you suggest, and what was neglected for too long and YET when there is a very small light at the end of the tunnel, there are people that cannot look farther than their very own personal needs. Those people actually are vocal only about things that ONLY they "deem important", being selfish and bringing down important discussion about content and questions about it being delivered into waves of discontent about the LEAST important aspects that only MINORITY is interested in and what only MINORITY "deems important".

So, this thread is a result of reading all those posts about recent roadmap. Seriously, people, don't you have any other concerns than character names and new server names!? For example:

Only some of the questions that I am not only interested in, but I consider actually important. Now, about most popular posts and concerns regarding the roadmap, that will be taken into account, because people seem more concerned about those belowe, than those above:

-What about my crapload of character names!? Will I have to change a name from "Johnny" into "Johnn'y" of one of my, again, tons of characters that I have on every single server that ever existed in this game? If so, I will unsub and delete the game, and i am sub since the dawn of time! What a stupid, and pointless change is that server merging! Nobody wantsthat!!!!!!!111111

-Omg, what a stupid server name!! I don't even look at that name, as nobody cares about it, but it makes sooooooo easyyyy to make fun of it!!!! OMG rly!???? Pls, waaste your resources on fixing that instead of focusing on anything even remotely important, including more QoL changes, not to mention creating new stuff.

- This!

Exactly. People may argue the validity of each other's ideas based on what each person feels is important to them, but in the end, all of us play the game we want to, and each of us has our own priorities, none of which actually takes precedent over anyone else's.

Our priorities differ for PVP, PVE, and RP. Our priorities differ for the casual player versus the very active player.

The OP's anger is misplaced by a galactic mile.

This.

Just another post only thinking of a small aspect of the game and what matters to them -- rather then seeing that its different for everyone.

Not everyone cares about pvp or ops or cxp or augments.

Don't wanna get Luna PO'd over at the Romance department, i've seen her unleash some of that anger on Youtube lol:D

Hell i would like Senya, Satele and that Nautalan Sith. Oh, and Acina

Don't wanna get Luna PO'd over at the Romance department, i've seen her unleash some of that anger on Youtube lol:D

Hell i would like Senya, Satele and that Nautalan Sith. Oh, and Acina

Make Acina also romanacable by girls and I will make a dark side character just for her...

I am not a huge operations fan, but I still consider it as an important aspect; I fly gsf very rarely, but I would love to see some balance adjustments along with new map; I hate veteran flashpoints and do HM flashpoints only for conquest or because guildmates ask me, but I am interested in new fp and I hope it will be better than Crisis on Umbara (which shouldn't be that difficult....); I do not go through every single KOTFE/KOTET chapter on every mode, but didn't ***** about it in every single topic in last two years, especially that the story was made for force users, and my main is a scoundrel and that made story even worse.

The most narrow-minded people living in their small world complain the most. I am NOT asking something that only I "deem important", but those are the things that majority of the playerbase deem important despite what you suggest, and what was neglected for too long and YET when there is a very small light at the end of the tunnel, there are people that cannot look farther than their very own personal needs. Those people actually are vocal only about things that ONLY they "deem important", being selfish and bringing down important discussion about content and questions about it being delivered into waves of discontent about the LEAST important aspects that only MINORITY is interested in and what only MINORITY "deems important".

Listen up everyone, AngryManju is here. What we care about is not important because we are missing the BIG PICTURE because our brains are too narrow and it wont fit inside them. AngryManju is here to ask the very WIDE, very IMPORTANT questions.

"I am upset by the fact that other human beings have different preferences and priorities than I do in entertainment" ... wow, what a perfect distillation of the internet. :p

Edited by DarthDymond

"I am upset by the fact that other human beings have different preferences and priorities than I do in entertainment" ... what a perfect distillation of the internet. :p

I disagree. TO THE FIELD OF DISHONOUR!!!!

Choose your keyboard! I swear you will not live out this day!

Omg, what a stupid server name!! I don't even look at that name, as nobody cares about it, but it makes sooooooo easyyyy to make fun of it!!!! OMG rly!???? Pls, waaste your resources on fixing that instead of

Huh. You seem to have access to some interesting information that I do not. Please illuminate me as to what resources and manpower it took to make this massive change. I hadn't imagined it took several work days, employees and thousands of bucks to change a piece of text.

Well what I don't understand is this: The number of people who actually post in this forum these days is about the size of an elementary school classroom. So, what does a post like this accomplish, exactly? Antagonizing and dividing half of what's left of this community?

Listen up everyone, AngryManju is here. What we care about is not important because we are missing the BIG PICTURE because our brains are too narrow and it wont fit inside them. AngryManju is here to ask the very WIDE, very IMPORTANT questions.

It's not the questions that are wide, the aspects which all of them together ask is wide- ranging from PvE to PvP to crafting to lvling, to grinding....

"Not everyone cares about pvp or ops or cxp or augments."- No, but majority cares about at least one of them.

"

Exactly. People may argue the validity of each other's ideas based on what each person feels is important to them, but in the end, all of us play the game we want to, and each of us has our own priorities, none of which actually takes precedent over anyone else's.

Our priorities differ for PVP, PVE, and RP. Our priorities differ for the casual player versus the very active player.

The OP's anger is misplaced by a galactic mile."

- It's not PvP or PvE playerbase that does everything to spoil the game for the rest, it's the MINORITY of RPers and solo players, that complain about the change that will have a small impact on them, and can potentially make it easier for people that want to play with other people to do just that - some solo players complain about lack of solo content in the roadmap (despite getting two years of story), and RPers complain about server merging, which is something that community has asked in a long time.

I have no problem with RPers- believe ot or not, I WAS in a RP guild and, obviously, I do solo content occasionally. It is not that I am against or do not understand those players. But bringing down discussion about future of the game and the very important aspects and worries, like server merging, like creating new operation (content that is a focal point in every single successful MMO), class balance (another thing that this game lacks compared to other MMOs) and so on into complains about reserving your name, new romance options or you don't like the name of the server(!) is completely and utterly RIDICLULOUS.

I am cool with other people's priorities, but there's a "galactic mile" difference between accepting RPers as a group of players and respecting their reasonable needs and wants, and accepting worries about having to change, ex., nickname from "Johnny" into "Jóhnny" and asking about entire system overhaul and threatening to leave the game otherwise.

And about resources put into changing server name- you do not know what was needed to change it, neither do I, I never said it is a lot, it's you who assumed it is not. No matter how much or how little was necessary to change it, changing the name is a great example of waste because of focusing on something completely irrelevant compared to the rest of content that is supposed to be delivered or is expected to be delivered.

Edited by AngraMainju

I am really concerned about the economies on new servers. Hop on multiple servers and check out GTN prices on rare items and common items like adrenals. Prices on some servers are 3 - 4 times more than others. Larger servers have a lot more wealth and inflation will hit some players really hard.

I'm concerned about everything...that's why i live in a bubble. It's lonely in my bubble...:(

I am really concerned about the economies on new servers. Hop on multiple servers and check out GTN prices on rare items and common items like adrenals. Prices on some servers are 3 - 4 times more than others. Larger servers have a lot more wealth and inflation will hit some players really hard.

I read that in long-term, GTN prices should decrease due to higher competition. While probably competition of craftable items (mods, augments etc.) will be higher, so will demand, however I would argue that there are economies of scale in effect- the marginal costs of creating additional item are getting lower (you do not have to put twice as much time to create 2 mods compared to one, for example), so I expect prices to go down, making profit margin lower, but demand higher. So, you will sell for less, but more items. That's just my prediction, and I speak long-term.

In short-term, some people will lose money, some will gain due to high price fluctuations. If there's someone that remembers previous migrations (say, into TRE) and could tell what happened then, it could give us some idea of what's ahead...

About inflation on bigger servers, I remember playing on ToFN- prices were much ower than on TRE, but it was a long time ago. Probably, yeah, players from smaller servers will be hit by inflation, so if you play on smaller server, it would be wise to NOT sell crafted items before the merge. The opposite is true if you are in a big server.

Edited by AngraMainju