Why no imperial trooper

alienstalker

I just got this great idea for an Imperial Trooper plot arc. Your character, as a lowly private, gets transferred to the command of a disgraced captain who was caught in bed with a prominent Moff's wife. Your unit gets sent on suicide mission after suicide mission, causing prominent characters in your story arc to die terrible deaths. By the time you reach level 50 you'll have been battle field promoted up to Lieutenant and you'll have seen a "Tex" get his body chopped in two by a drunk and disorderly Sith, "Chopper" will have been eaten by a Rancor, Bobbie will have melted from exposure to uncontrolled nanites, and "Sarge" will have died holding the pass at Endor against a swarm of Ewoks.

When your unit is down to just you, your five companions, and the captain, the Moff will approach you and offers you your commanding officers rank and a less suicidal post if you do the job 50 levels worth of suicidal madness did not. You get to decide whether to play ball and kill your CO or kill the Moff.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Imperial Agent is a spy, he sneaks in covertly and undermines, rather than going in guns blazing. I've played all four "non-force" classes up through at least level 25, so I know how their stories differ, and there's plenty of room for alternatives. I know that they've covered their bases plenty well for launch, but post-launch I think it'd be worth working on the other four potentials.

And I agree it'd be a bit of a waste if the new ones were just clones of the existing four, if the Imp Trooper had the exact same powers as the Rep Trooper, but they don't have to. Since the Rep Trooper already has a mirror in the Bounty Hunter, the Imp Trooper can have a completely different assortment of abilities, mirrored in the Rep Contractor instead of in the existing Trooper/BH. Maybe instead of using a Gattling, the Commando equivalent could use a rocket launcher, or a sniper rifle. Maybe they could use vibroblades as a core weapon type, making them much more of a melee/range hybrid. Maybe they could use cover elements or enhanced force fields. They could mix and match powers with the other classes, and have entirely new power effects unique to these new classes.

Not really. Trooper archetype is trooper archetype. It'd just dilute the class imo.

Suprised to see so many clueless about the concepts of Imperial Army, really to the point that it's become annoying.

A trooper wouldn't have to be consigned to "cannon fodder" as so many clueless people put it. They have opportunity to advance much like anyone else within the Empire, or Republic side for that matter.

Just taking a look at the Empire side story lines you can easily see officership and commanders that are non sith lineage.

Sith at this point are much an aristocracy, but the bulk of command and operations are comprised mostly of non Sith, and there's plently place for a recruit in the Imperial Army to work his way up much like in fashion of a Maximillian Veers

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Maximilian_Veers

Learn the lore of the universe before posting on concepts.

First question obviously: why are Han and Boba err sorry the smuggler and the bounty hunter in the game?

Because they are iconic and people would want to play them.

So whether BW first created the smuggler and then felt the need to create a mirror class in the imperial agent as the bounty hunter just didn't work (if you go Boba as a template) and then figured that the bounty hunter would actually be suited (pun) to counter the trooper so an imperial trooper was dropped, or something else happened, who really cares?

Fact is: 2 icons are in the game...

which leaves more icons to fill the list!

Well, of course are stormtroopers iconic but they are not Sith Empire.

I'd now venture a guess that BW maybe looked (a bit too closely?) at WW2:

Let's face it, Sith Empire does have Nazi Germany written all over it.

And guess what: the more iconic 'German' of WW2 is the SS. Yes, of course, you may see more pictures of normal Wehrmacht soldiers but these are for most part (going by movie/gaming mentality) just fodder for ya tommy gun.

On the other side you obviously have the G.I. - any Allied forces combatant more iconic?

S, if you go by that, yes, the imperial agent as well as the trooper are iconic choices, maybe not quite from a SW point of view, but they are if you are working from a slightly less set background than the SW movies.

Now, should there be an imperial trooper, a republic bounty hunter, etc.?

I'd say no...

maybe, if you want a more 'iconic' look for the imperial 'trooper' give the imperial agent medium armour styled after say the Scout troopers in 'Jedi'...?

(not played ia yet, so I don't know if that style is actually an option for his clothes...)

bounty hunter on the republic side?

well, if you've ever played the smuggler you'll know that he can be played all about the money... which in the end matches a bounty hunter mentality to the dot.

You want the best of 2 worlds ni.e. a mean arsed money focus guy (or gal) in heavy armour on the Republic side? Go trooper and play him that way!

Yes, of course, the storyline won't be a fit, but hey, I think there are more important things to address for BW than giving the 'trooper' a 'switch to republic bounty hunter storyline' option.

Rather, I'd say new character class concepts should be what BW should have an eye on instead of modifying existing classes to create class alternatives with a new name...

Ever wondered what shape 'summoners' are going to take in SWTOR?

Well, on imperial side some droid master, but on republic?

The problem with being a Republic trooper is that you are a part of havoc squad. I don't want some super uber super soldier who is best at everything war based. I want a generic soldier. Thats what this argument is about.

The Imperial Agent is a spy, he sneaks in covertly and undermines, rather than going in guns blazing. I've played all four "non-force" classes up through at least level 25, so I know how their stories differ, and there's plenty of room for alternatives. I know that they've covered their bases plenty well for launch, but post-launch I think it'd be worth working on the other four potentials.

And I agree it'd be a bit of a waste if the new ones were just clones of the existing four, if the Imp Trooper had the exact same powers as the Rep Trooper, but they don't have to. Since the Rep Trooper already has a mirror in the Bounty Hunter, the Imp Trooper can have a completely different assortment of abilities, mirrored in the Rep Contractor instead of in the existing Trooper/BH. Maybe instead of using a Gattling, the Commando equivalent could use a rocket launcher, or a sniper rifle. Maybe they could use vibroblades as a core weapon type, making them much more of a melee/range hybrid. Maybe they could use cover elements or enhanced force fields. They could mix and match powers with the other classes, and have entirely new power effects unique to these new classes.

The imperial trooper. I think should be a medium armor class, that is mostly a ranged class. You have vibroswords too if the enemy gets close. This will make it different from the Bounty hunter and republic trooper.

Well clearly with the Imp Trooper you control wouldn't be one of the faceless mob, he would be a "hero" Trooper, much like the Republic one, a member of a special squad or with some other sort of special dispensation that gives him some latitude to move through the game's content. He might have a more antagonistic relationship with his superiors, then the Republic one would, but he wouldn't be a complete drone either.

Unless they went with the direction I originally wanted them to do with the Rep Trooper and made it a pet class, in which the "core" character you play is relatively weak compared to other classes, but you can have multiple companions out at once, an entire active team of 2-3 companions (even in PvP) and your combined capabilities make you equivalent to the other classes (most of the abilities you'd have would instead be issuing commands to your companions). It's always kind of a bummer as a Trooper that they keep making me build up "Havoc Squad" into some bad### fighting unit, and yet everyone but me an Elena spend all their time back on the ship Slicing away like my own crack unit of Chinese gold farmers rather than a crack spec ops unit.

I don't want the imperial trooper to become another one of those guys in a video game that is super ultra uber awesome at everything war based. I want to be generic.

We get to see the state of life in the Empire, the very thing you describe, through the current four classes. We don't always get to experience it first-hand, but we certainly see it all around. I don't think there's any new angle the life of a solider in the Imperial Army would show.

I guess there's not much that can really be done with the Imperial Troopers. They're conscripts, they're levies. They're the archetypal Stormtroopers, the guys who show up, fail to to hit the heroes and get killed. That's not really hero material. It'd be an interesting story to READ, but it'd be the odd man out when put alongside the other four classes. The Sith Empire's special forces... are the Sith, that's what the 'Hope' trailer showed anyway.

By comparison, the Republic Trooper is the mainstay of the Republic army, and the Jedi Order are their allies, rather than their rulers.

It's an overall flavour thing. The Empire has armies of conscripted faceless goons led by powerful sorceror lords, and backed up by sneaky spies and tough, ruthless mercenaries. The Republic has noble citizen-soldiers backed up by the Jedi Order and semi-heroic independent privateers. Messing with that balance too much would hurt the feel.

There is a new angle to life. You would have to deal with superiors. Try to prove yourself not useless but finding it really difficult. Oh and the imperial troopers are better than the stormtroopers. So your not gonna miss as much.

I just got this great idea for an Imperial Trooper plot arc. Your character, as a lowly private, gets transferred to the command of a disgraced captain who was caught in bed with a prominent Moff's wife. Your unit gets sent on suicide mission after suicide mission, causing prominent characters in your story arc to die terrible deaths. By the time you reach level 50 you'll have been battle field promoted up to Lieutenant and you'll have seen a "Tex" get his body chopped in two by a drunk and disorderly Sith, "Chopper" will have been eaten by a Rancor, Bobbie will have melted from exposure to uncontrolled nanites, and "Sarge" will have died holding the pass at Endor against a swarm of Ewoks.

When your unit is down to just you, your five companions, and the captain, the Moff will approach you and offers you your commanding officers rank and a less suicidal post if you do the job 50 levels worth of suicidal madness did not. You get to decide whether to play ball and kill your CO or kill the Moff.

I like the idea of this story. But I think the captain should be disgraced for almost losing or even losing a battle instead. But other than that tweak I like the idea.

The imperial trooper. I think should be a medium armor class, that is mostly a ranged class. You have vibroswords too if the enemy gets close. This will make it different from the Bounty hunter and republic trooper.

That just sounds like a Sniper though, they can do all those things (except that they use a knife). I think they need some truly unique traits, but they should definitely be a heavy armor combat class, DPS/Tank.

I don't want the imperial trooper to become another one of those guys in a video game that is super ultra uber awesome at everything war based. I want to be generic.

Then you can just not play very well, but I think they need to make the player character stand out from the pack a bit, this isn't like mob-play.

One thing to note, the "Trooper" class in TOR is clearly not based on original trilogy Storm Troopers. Storm Troopers were chumps, and the Trooper is no chump. The TOR Trooper is clearly more based off of the Clonewars ARC Troopers, which, while clones, were special forces "Havoc Squad material." And they were Republic side.

Lol.

Of course they're Republic side. The "original trilogy Storm Troopers" are Republic Side, too. The Sith Empire in this game is long dead by the time of the original movies, the "Empire" from that movie IS the Republic after Palpatine disbanded the senate.

That just sounds like a Sniper though, they can do all those things (except that they use a knife). I think they need some truly unique traits, but they should definitely be a heavy armor combat class, DPS/Tank.

Then you can just not play very well, but I think they need to make the player character stand out from the pack a bit, this isn't like mob-play.

If its a heavy armor class and a special ops soldier. Then it would be almost the same as the republic trooper. I don't want the imperial trooper to be a copy of the republic trooper pasted onto the imperial side with different armor looks. And isn't the sniper light armor.

Long post warning:

42 pages is a lot to read, so forgive me if this has been posted before. Anyway, I'd see the problem of implementing the 'everyman-sith-trooper' thusly:

1) As an everyman-sith-trooper, you'd never be deployed individually, you'd always be out there with your squad or platoon. Possible to design missions which feature NPC comrades fighting in set piece battles, but all the missions like that? Don't think so.

2) Army discipline: You'd technically be unable to do jobs 'on-the-side', of which the bulk of the non class specific quests fall under. Unless its ok being AWOL all the time...

3) Ship: Even assuming that you had a common ship for you and your unit, as a common soldier, you can't set destinations at your whim and fancy unless you're the commander of the outfit. Which, in the everyman case, you are not (yet)

Make no mistake, I'd like to play an everyman. But the very notion of solo content makes it difficult to write a convincing story for an individual who is merely a cog in a military machine. For if he can finish and complete missions solo, he is most certainly no longer an everyman. Catch 22 situation, I'd say.

I have no issues with an Imperial Trooper class, although that will raise some concerns about faction and gear balance. If the Imp Trooper is supposed to be a direct mirror of the Rep Trooper, then it's also a mirror of the Bounty Hunter.

That means the Empire has two 'soldier' classes, while the Republic only has one.

"Introduce the SIS Agent to the Republic!" you say.

Another great idea. I would love to play a Republic spy. But the SIS Agent will be a mirror of the Imperial Agent and the Smuggler. So the Republic would have two 'spy' classes, but the Empire would only have one.

There would be an issue with loot drops, because all of a sudden each faction has two classes that are fighting over the same gear (currently a non-existent problem). You'll understand how this might raise issues in endgame raiding.

The only way for the Imp. Trooper to be released is by making them a mirror of the SIS Agent and they would both have to be a completely unique class on their own right. This is entirely possible and who knows, it might exist in possible future expansions. How exactly these classes and their respective ACs would work will be up to the developers to decide.

tl;dr - I have no problems with the Imperial Trooper or the SIS Agent.

What I do have problem with, however, is the concept of playing a 'generic' soldier. A generic soldier means you are rank-and-file. You are faceless and unimportant. You make no decisions. You have no mind of your own. Your commanders forget your name all the time. Every target you set your sights on was determined by a person in a comfortable chair millions of lightyears away.

Being a rank-and-file groundpounder isn't feasible in the game. What missions would you undertake? Go over to the enemy encampment with these 200 other dudes and blow them up. Try to come back alive. While it would be fun for a while, doing this for 20-30 levels would get incredibly boring. Also, how would the story and the military structure allow you to undertake the sidequests and the bonus series? Why would your generic soldier be given the autonomy to fly to Nar Shadaa or Taris as and when he likes if he's just a corporal? Remember, you have a sergeant, a lieutenant, a captain and a whole bunch of other people who outrank you. They make the decisions, not you. Going against their orders is grounds for a court-martial or, more likely, summary execution.

Because of the dialogue and story-focused aspect of this game, you would at least need to be squad leader (corporal rank?) when the game beings. You would have command over your little squad of other generic soldiers and would conduct operations in the battlefield. You would most likely be a specialized squad (sappers, or anti-vehicle infantry) and conduct specialized missions. You would be able to approach NPCs and dominate the conversation. This will allow you to engage in the same quest system every other player does, without being accompanied by 3000 other similarly dressed NPCs.

Even still, autonomy and freedom of travel and choice would not be given to you. It makes no sense. I can personally see no solution to this (and I hope someone can enlighten me).

(Seriously, go watch Jarhead or Generation: Kill. The protagonists in those games were groundpounders and 'generic' soldiers. They had no freedom.)

While some of you dislike the hero archetype and the way NPCs treat you in the game - and rightly so - you must understand that a lot of these NPCs give generic responses. A majority of the players like being the hero and like being special snowflakes. The devs have no algorithm to figure out if you actually like being a generic grunt and tailor their NPC responses accordingly.

The most you can have, in your generic soldier fantasy, is that your story quests and story-related dialogues will treat you like a generic soldier. Every other NPC, who will be approached by Sith, Bounty Hunters and Imperial Agents, will treat you like they treat everyone else - heroes.

The "original trilogy Storm Troopers" are Republic Side, too.

No they weren't, they were Imperial side. You're thinking the prequel Clone Troopers.

the "Empire" from that movie IS the Republic after Palpatine disbanded the senate.

And made it into an Empire. Hence the name.

If its a heavy armor class and a special ops soldier. Then it would be almost the same as the republic trooper. I don't want the imperial trooper to be a copy of the republic trooper pasted onto the imperial side with different armor looks. And isn't the sniper light armor.

Nope, the only light armor classes in the game are the Consular-based ones, everything else is medium+. And just because they're heavy armor and ranged doesn't mean that they would have to be clones of the Trooper/BH dynamic. They could definitely borrow abilities from the Smuggler side of things, or have unique abilities of their own. Like I said, I think the ideal way to design the class is as a "pet" class, one in which the player's character, entirely on his own, is much weaker than other player characters, but most of his abilities are designed to buff and command his companions, and have them buff him, and he would be able to have 2+ companions active at any given time, even during PvP and within groups, such that his own "mini-team" would be equivalent to a single Jedi or whatever.

That means the Empire has two 'soldier' classes, while the Republic only has one.

"Introduce the SIS Agent to the Republic!" you say.

Another great idea. I would love to play a Republic spy. But the SIS Agent will be a mirror of the Imperial Agent and the Smuggler. So the Republic would have two 'spy' classes, but the Empire would only have one.

They obviously need balance. If the Imps get the trooper, then the Republic would get Contractors, freelance mercs that are more similar to Bounty Hunters. If the Republic gets SIS Agents, the Imps would get Privateers, freelance borderline criminals. They would be mirror classes of each other, but not necessarily of any existing classes.

Long post warning:

42 pages is a lot to read, so forgive me if this has been posted before. Anyway, I'd see the problem of implementing the 'everyman-sith-trooper' thusly:

1) As an everyman-sith-trooper, you'd never be deployed individually, you'd always be out there with your squad or platoon. Possible to design missions which feature NPC comrades fighting in set piece battles, but all the missions like that? Don't think so.

2) Army discipline: You'd technically be unable to do jobs 'on-the-side', of which the bulk of the non class specific quests fall under. Unless its ok being AWOL all the time...

3) Ship: Even assuming that you had a common ship for you and your unit, as a common soldier, you can't set destinations at your whim and fancy unless you're the commander of the outfit. Which, in the everyman case, you are not (yet)

Make no mistake, I'd like to play an everyman. But the very notion of solo content makes it difficult to write a convincing story for an individual who is merely a cog in a military machine. For if he can finish and complete missions solo, he is most certainly no longer an everyman. Catch 22 situation, I'd say.

My answer: I don't want to be fighting missions alone. I want to do battles. So thats not a problem.

My answer: You can do side quests. The commanders will give you side quests when you talk to them. But if you decide to refuse the quest. He says he'll just find another person who will take it.

My answer: The soldiers can have a life too. While the story requires them to go places so they can progress through the storyline, you and your unit can still go to places on your own. And the ship can still be big so it can fit your entire unit.

What I do have problem with, however, is the concept of playing a 'generic' soldier. A generic soldier means you are rank-and-file. You are faceless and unimportant. You make no decisions. You have no mind of your own. Your commanders forget your name all the time. Every target you set your sights on was determined by a person in a comfortable chair millions of lightyears away.

Being a rank-and-file groundpounder isn't feasible in the game. What missions would you undertake? Go over to the enemy encampment with these 200 other dudes and blow them up. Try to come back alive. While it would be fun for a while, doing this for 20-30 levels would get incredibly boring. Also, how would the story and the military structure allow you to undertake the sidequests and the bonus series? Why would your generic soldier be given the autonomy to fly to Nar Shadaa or Taris as and when he likes if he's just a corporal? Remember, you have a sergeant, a lieutenant, a captain and a whole bunch of other people who outrank you. They make the decisions, not you. Going against their orders is grounds for a court-martial or, more likely, summary execution.

Because of the dialogue and story-focused aspect of this game, you would at least need to be squad leader (corporal rank?) when the game beings. You would have command over your little squad of other generic soldiers and would conduct operations in the battlefield. You would most likely be a specialized squad (sappers, or anti-vehicle infantry) and conduct specialized missions. You would be able to approach NPCs and dominate the conversation. This will allow you to engage in the same quest system every other player does, without being accompanied by 3000 other similarly dressed NPCs.

Even still, autonomy and freedom of travel and choice would not be given to you. It makes no sense. I can personally see no solution to this (and I hope someone can enlighten me).

(Seriously, go watch Jarhead or Generation: Kill. The protagonists in those games were groundpounders and 'generic' soldiers. They had no freedom.)

While some of you dislike the hero archetype and the way NPCs treat you in the game - and rightly so - you must understand that a lot of these NPCs give generic responses. A majority of the players like being the hero and like being special snowflakes. The devs have no algorithm to figure out if you actually like being a generic grunt and tailor their NPC responses accordingly.

The most you can have, in your generic soldier fantasy, is that your story quests and story-related dialogues will treat you like a generic soldier. Every other NPC, who will be approached by Sith, Bounty Hunters and Imperial Agents, will treat you like they treat everyone else - heroes.

First off even though you are unimportant, why does it matter if commanders forget your name. Also you can make decisions on the field of battle. What are you going to do run back to your commanders and ask what to do each time. No they wouldn't do that. They would make a decision on their own. You can either kill the prisoners or leave them alive.

You are going to be allowed to go to planet you want to go to. When your off duty you can go to whatever planet you wish. To become on duty again you have to talk to the commander for your next story quest. When off duty you can do everything all the other classes let you do. And that includes side quests.

And no being in a specialized squad is boring. No one wants to go on missions they want to go on battles. Thats the whole point of being a imperial trooper. If you want missions be a imperial agent. And yes I would like a level where you go over to the enemy with 200 other soldiers and kill the enemy. There would be different objectives, one might be to storm a trenchline or something. Hold the hill from enemy attacks. Get on a mounted machine gun and blast the Republic troopers away. Defend the wall from the Republic attacks, where you shoot enemies from above, knock ladders off the walls. There are plenty of different objective to add.

I don't want to dominate the conversation. I want NPCs to insult me for once. I'm sick of everyone fawning over me in every single conversation.

Why in the world would anybody want to be an Imperial Trooper? I mean, if we're going to stay true to what we've seen of them in the movies; then the only abilities we could give them is to hit everywhere except where their enemies actually are, be easily force controlled by Jedi, and have a tendency to be killed by small furry aliens with spears on forested planets. I fail to see the appeal.

No they weren't, they were Imperial side. You're thinking the prequel Clone Troopers.

And made it into an Empire. Hence the name.

Nope, the only light armor classes in the game are the Consular-based ones, everything else is medium+. And just because they're heavy armor and ranged doesn't mean that they would have to be clones of the Trooper/BH dynamic. They could definitely borrow abilities from the Smuggler side of things, or have unique abilities of their own. Like I said, I think the ideal way to design the class is as a "pet" class, one in which the player's character, entirely on his own, is much weaker than other player characters, but most of his abilities are designed to buff and command his companions, and have them buff him, and he would be able to have 2+ companions active at any given time, even during PvP and within groups, such that his own "mini-team" would be equivalent to a single Jedi or whatever.

They obviously need balance. If the Imps get the trooper, then the Republic would get Contractors, freelance mercs that are more similar to Bounty Hunters. If the Republic gets SIS Agents, the Imps would get Privateers, freelance borderline criminals. They would be mirror classes of each other, but not necessarily of any existing classes.

Alright they can be heavy armor. But the game should allow you to choose whether you want light imperial armor, medium imperial armor, or heavy imperial armor. Then everybody wins.

Why in the world would anybody want to be an Imperial Trooper? I mean, if we're going to stay true to what we've seen of them in the movies; then the only abilities we could give them is to hit everywhere except where their enemies actually are, be easily force controlled by Jedi, and have a tendency to be killed by small furry aliens with spears on forested planets. I fail to see the appeal.

You are not a stormtrooper, you are a imperial trooper. You are more competent than the stormtroopers. And obviously would not be beaten by a handful of teddy bears. Which means you accuracy is obviously going to be better in the game. As for being mind controlled by jedis. You are with dozens of other troopers. Jedi can only mind trick so many people at once. And while I would like to be very generic. The worst fates are going to have to come to the other troopers and not you.

If something in the storyline that you do warrants the death penalty. The next mission is to defend yourself and your unit from the authority. And then find a way to clear the record of it happening. Or go into exile until you prove yourself worthy to return to the empire. After all this game is about the chooses you make.

First off even though you are unimportant, why does it matter if commanders forget your name. Also you can make decisions on the field of battle. What are you going to do run back to your commanders and ask what to do each time. No they wouldn't do that. They would make a decision on their own. You can either kill the prisoners or leave them alive.

You don't understand military protocol, do you? When it comes to big decisions (like what to do with prisoners of war), its up to the sergeants and the officers. Not grunts. Grunts report back in to their commanders and ask them what needs to be done.

You are going to be allowed to go to planet you want to go to. When your off duty you can go to whatever planet you wish. To become on duty again you have to talk to the commander for your next story quest. When off duty you can do everything all the other classes let you do. And that includes side quests.

This is a case of having your cake and eating it. If you're in a war and you want to go on battles, you're deployed in a single zone of engagement. When you're off-duty, you're still not allowed to leave your zone of engagement. Do you think all those American soldiers in the Middle East can decide to go traipsing off to Dubai every time they're off duty? No, they stay in camp, just in case there's enemy action and they're called back on duty. You're soldiers, you fight a war, you don't go around solving problems for Hutt ganglords.

And no being in a specialized squad is boring. No one wants to go on missions they want to go on battles. Thats the whole point of being a imperial trooper. If you want missions be a imperial agent. And yes I would like a level where you go over to the enemy with 200 other soldiers and kill the enemy. There would be different objectives, one might be to storm a trenchline or something. Hold the hill from enemy attacks. Get on a mounted machine gun and blast the Republic troopers away. Defend the wall from the Republic attacks, where you shoot enemies from above, knock ladders off the walls. There are plenty of different objective to add.

Now you're just talking about Republic Commando.

I don't want to dominate the conversation. I want NPCs to insult me for once. I'm sick of everyone fawning over me in every single conversation.

By dominate I mean the person who does all the talking. How the NPC reacts is not the point, the point is that if you are a grunt and you are in a squad with a corporal and a sergeant, you will not be involved in the conversation at all. The corporal and sergeant, the people with actual rank and authority, does the talking. You, a grunt, stay in the background and try not to screw things up.

You put the republic trooper as a class you can be, so why can't we be imperial soldiers as well. I thought it would be cool being able to be a imperial troopers but you can't be a imperial troopers. I think both the republic and the empire need a new class. The republic should have a republic agent, while the empire needs the imperial trooper.

Maybe you would be intrested in this?