Robe versus pants

Yaesive

Okay I have a level 50 Jedi Consular (Sage) and he is wearing a robe. Now I am leveling a Jedi Knight and found along the path Pants that are Light Armor with +Willpower and Endurance, but as I am wondering why are all the Jedi Consular armor always geared for Robes and never pants?

Anyone else thoughts on this matter?

I think it's on Coruscant you can start getting pants if you want. Before that it's pretty robe/ skirt centric. Some of the robe/ skirts really look cool as you up in lvl actually but I started going the pants route around 31 but always keep my eyes peeled for a sexy man skirt :p

Not to mention the market on the space station has pants galore! The Despot's leggings look super cool with some of the light armor chest pieces IMO.

i always go for custom gear i like at a certain point of my levelling path. it requires a lot of work from my cybertech toon, but having a toon i like it's worth the effort. i don't have nothing against robes but i like pants much more, i think they should look like jedi and not like priests

Heh, back in the days before the cartel market and adaptive gear, I ran over 100 Treasure Hunting missions over a two week period on my sage synthweaver trying to get a schematic for the only light-armor modable pants that were available at the time. I even gave up my 4-set bonus (since they were still tied to shells at that time) to get out of wearing a dress and potholder gloves.

Actually I don't mind the robes as its an easy way to avoid the "guy player looking at guy butt" syndrome. But as I stated in another thread I am too busy looking at threats for that to be an issue. I DO find it annoying is how they seriously expect someone who would go on dangerous adventures regularly would do so without meaningful body armor :p And no I do not want to play a Knight/Warrior.

• 2 weeks later...