Loot table is totally messed up!

So I know there is other loot threads floating around. But I wanted to make my own. I have had the same issue that others have in HM flashpoints. I run at least 1 a day and usually more. I have run Kaon under Siege every day since it released. Every time I have run it the Jedi Knight piece has not dropped. We are talking about roughly 20+ times of running it. Every other piece has dropped but more frequently it has been a piece for a class that isn't even in the group. What the hell is up with that? And don't tell me it is RNG, because it is not. The mechanic that is in place is either bugged as hell or broken.

But it doesn't just stop there, when running EV and KP the head piece dropped but was destined for someone who already had it. WTH why does it destine loot for someone who already has a piece when the other person of that class does not? Why can we not trade unequiped loot within the raid while in the instance? This should be a easy fix for Bioware!

What happened to the bag system that they were going to give everyone loot specific to them. I wouldn't even care if they just made it 4 tokens that could be handed out to any class. Lets say it is 4 glove tokens and then the raid leader could issue it to 4 players and not have it class specific. I am tired of seeing loot drop that can not be used and having dissapointed guildies who do not look forward to raiding for this reason!

Fix the easy stuff that is important to us Bioware! Love the game but this crap really frustrates your core players!

So I know there is other loot threads floating around. But I wanted to make my own. I have had the same issue that others have in HM flashpoints. I run at least 1 a day and usually more. I have run Kaon under Siege every day since it released. Every time I have run it the Jedi Knight piece has not dropped. We are talking about roughly 20+ times of running it. Every other piece has dropped but more frequently it has been a piece for a class that isn't even in the group. What the hell is up with that? And don't tell me it is RNG, because it is not. The mechanic that is in place is either bugged as hell or broken.

But it doesn't just stop there, when running EV and KP the head piece dropped but was destined for someone who already had it. WTH why does it destine loot for someone who already has a piece when the other person of that class does not? Why can we not trade unequiped loot within the raid while in the instance? This should be a easy fix for Bioware!

What happened to the bag system that they were going to give everyone loot specific to them. I wouldn't even care if they just made it 4 tokens that could be handed out to any class. Lets say it is 4 glove tokens and then the raid leader could issue it to 4 players and not have it class specific. I am tired of seeing loot drop that can not be used and having dissapointed guildies who do not look forward to raiding for this reason!

Fix the easy stuff that is important to us Bioware! Love the game but this crap really frustrates your core players!

I feel ya.

Playing a Juggernaut and seeing mostly only Bounty Hunter gear drop is frustrating. The only gear upgrades I have gotten is from buying them with my crystals and comms. After raids and countless Hard Modes, I have gotten a grand total of 3 gear tokens.

So I do agree that the loot table is broken. I understand random loot is random, but it's not random when the same stuff drops every time.

The problem with loot tables in any mmo is always that they look at the global drop rate and go 'trololol every class item is dropping at exactly the same % as the others'. What they fail to take into account is that this means nothing. If you take 8 different raids, it would expected that you get 12.5% drop rate on each class' items, but if you look at each raid individually, each raid could have all items of one class drop, making it look like a 100% droprate of that class token IN EACH RAID. Nobody cares that the overal droprate is a nice 12.5% for each token.

The sad part is, nothing is ever done to actually fix this. Everybody with a minor education in statistics knows that these events WILL occur, given a large enough player base. Its nice for the people in the center of the bell curve that get a mostly random distribution of loot, but the people that find themselves on the outside getting stuck with all loot for 1 class (yay 2x full rakata set for the 1 agent in our guild over a span of 2 clearings), it *********** sucks ***.

Furthermore, it's time you devs take your heads out of the ground and remember that times have changed. This random roll loot table is too old for the kind of character progression you guys are trying to achieve (normal modes > hard modes > ops >etc). There's a wall and it's called your loot system. If you want people to do the hard stuff, ensure they get gear via a boss token system or something less... Random. Beating my head against the wall and making all of these flashpoints so incredibly disgusting to even think about is not the way.

I feel ya.

Playing a Juggernaut and seeing mostly only Bounty Hunter gear drop is frustrating. The only gear upgrades I have gotten is from buying them with my crystals and comms. After raids and countless Hard Modes, I have gotten a grand total of 3 gear tokens.

So I do agree that the loot table is broken. I understand random loot is random, but it's not random when the same stuff drops every time.

Yup, i ran Directive 7 in excess of 20 times and never got hte legs, it dropped once, thats 5% of the time. and the one time it did drop, the tank got it :). Ended up buying them with my tokens. Bored of seeing bounty hunter or op gear. At this rate i'll just leave as soon as a game without this crap in comes out. That isn't a whine, it just isnt fun spending hours doing ops/HMs to come away with nothing at all at the end of it.

Yup, i ran Directive 7 in excess of 20 times and never got hte legs, it dropped once, thats 5% of the time. and the one time it did drop, the tank got it :). Ended up buying them with my tokens. Bored of seeing bounty hunter or op gear. At this rate i'll just leave as soon as a game without this crap in comes out. That isn't a whine, it just isnt fun spending hours doing ops/HMs to come away with nothing at all at the end of it.

MW3 or Skyrim. At least I can have some fun in those games! Not fun dungeon after dungeon of crushed dreams is only so fun :/

Edited by savagedialects

And I thought i was having the issue on my own! This needs to be fixed ASAP everyone is spending a lot of their time trying to gear up but people dont get anything or they get destined loot they already received.

Last night drew the line for me. first and foremost im happy everyone is getting items but for instance we did a 8 man eternity vault, 2 people had to leave and we got 2 more people from the guild for the last fight with Soa. I did not receive one single item as a tank, however a guy that just helped with last boss got destined loot for columi chest piece.

Spent a good 2-3 hours on the whole op and didnt get anything and the guy just comes in and gets a chestpiece that ive been trying to get for almost a month now is rediculous. Bioware, Devs someone fix this or ill take my subscription and shove it, im sick of seeing everyone one else get geared and im getting shafted when im spending my free time trying to get geared doing the same amount of work if not more. especially being a tank

Could not agree more with everyone here, The loot table is ridiculous, I too am wondering where this special bag system is that each class gained something specific to them as opposed to the current system of total uselessness...

Ive run FE about 10 times with 2 consular 1 knight and a smuggy and every single time its been drops specific to a Trooper !! Why ????

I believe Bioware has instituted a system of having to have 1 of each class in every group to make sure somebody gets something....Myself and my guildies have adjusted to this but then found that after another 5 runs all that dropped was smuggler gear...

Its driving me nuts tbh, the token requirements to obtain loot from Drop Tokens is far to high to achieve Columi rated gear and with drops so all over the place a Guy can literally run 100 Instances receive nothing for his character, but Equip every companion he has in Tier 2 Gear.......We have a guy in Guild who has done exactly that.

It needs fixing and fast, with a poor crafting system and no real socail or guild systems in place the END GAME content has to be spot on and at its current stage it is far from that...!!

Currently and with the way drops are so random, I could run Instance after instance with a perfect group and still find I have received no items for my class but everyone else and there companions has.....Its wrong, it needs changing drastically, and a system should be in place that If a player already has an Item in there Inventory or Vault, there is no chance for that item to drop unless another Type of that class is present.

@ OP: I find it odd that you complain about destined loot, but then pine for the loot bags to be brought back. You realise that the end result is the same for both, right?

Bags: 8 people loot a bag, open it, and they might get an item (similar to champ pvp bags). The item may be a duplicate of something they already have or may not be an upgrade at all.

Destined loot: 8 people kill a boss, 4 people get destined loot. The item may be a duplicate of something they already have or may not be an upgrade at all.

At least with destined loot, you're gauranteed X number of items. In a bag system, as has been evidenced by the PvP side of the game, your entire raid could all open their bags and get nadda.

Edited by ViperI

I've run BT countless time and every time I was there I got ALL + aim gear (I'm a sorc), from every boss, and never got the inq bracers drop at the end (until yesterday, all the other gear that dropped was still +aim though).

That being said, I feel your pain everyone, but gear is meant to be hard to get. Not getting it makes you look forward to it in the future and seperates the gamer from a person who wants everything now.

Also you can get these peices, for sure, eventually, by gathering tokens. Its a *****, likley you'll spend 3 weeks gathering tokens and after you spend them you'll see that peice drop and win it on a greed roll anyways. But it is an option :(

The only other way that you should get gear is through crafting... which also takes time to farm stuff and/or gold. Unfortunantly crafting is broken and everything you can make through it sucks badly (at least for artifice).

My merc friend in my guild saq the first pair of pants after his 17th Mentor kill.

My sorc friend has done about 16 hm flashpoints and just now saw his first inquisitor gear drop.

I'm a sniper and I collected my Columni gear in more or less a week of doinh hm flashpoints.

So yeah, from my perspective something feels iffy.

Running 8 man hard modes. Our 2 troopers have full rakata. My trooper/heavy armor companion has rakata. I however, have had rakata boots drop once for my sage.

I mean, I have fun with these raids, but it's to the point where we started selling the trooper rakata gear to merchants, it has dropped from every boss for us for the past 3 weeks.

I understand random is random, but I wish there would be some sort of smart random where we get loot that *someone* can use.

Edited by Barleigh

The loot table is fine. It's working as intended. Loot you don't like, sell. Loot you want, buy. That's the whole reason for the way they do it.

Huh? That makes no sense. Unassembled Columi tokens are BOP, you can't buy/sell them. I've run groups through these flashpoints and got Columi drops for a class that isn't even present in the group. My companions have more Columi items than some people's mains because of this.

Run HM ops, there is no destined loot -> win :D

and why ppl complain about loottables, i mean - they are around in every other MMO, in EVERY other MMO some ppl need to run 100x an instance to get their piece. It has always been the same - making the tokens drop for each class with a 100% chance, there is no point in going in there more than once. So how get the players to repeat the content? right, dont make 100% drop chances.

So what?

No need for any bugfixes.

And that in normal mode ops, loot is destined from the game -> working as intended :o

Edited by Cryfor

Eh? Random loot is random. Either end the whole charade of drops in the first place and move it all to the new pvp system (just gain more comms, use comms to buy gear) OR do a smart loot system.

By smart loot I mean the game looks at party composition and adjusts accordingly. No trooper/BH in group? No Trooper/BH gear in loot table. The group is half consulars? Bump up drop % of consular gear, etc. We ran with one JK in our last HM EV clear. The next day we ran a HH. Yeah that one JK got damn near full rakata gear in 2 runs. Random loot is random......

How sure are you that the RNG is really all that RNG?

It is supposed to by design but look at all the other bugs. There could be another bug with the loot system as well. On our end we have no way to prove or validate it in this case. You could kill a single boss 1000 times and get the same item. That still isn't a sign there is a bug since its RNG. We will never know...perhaps it isn't a bug, just bad luck. We would never know there was a bug unless the Devs announce it in this case.

This is TOR, take nothing at face value. If you think there is a bug, they may just be one.

Edited by pipda

I'm sorry, but I do not understand why anyone is complaining. This type of loot dropping system is nothing new to MMOs, the way it is distributed is a tad flawed, but how it drops is nothing new. Each piece has a percentage drop rate for EACH boss kill, that means that every time a boss i skilled, piece x has a 12% chance to drop each time.

In HM Fps, only 1 token drops, and that is off an end boss, in operations each boss drops tokens, sometimes it drops the same token twice sometimes it's different tokens.

From what it sounds like, most of you want fast and easy loot. Well hate to break it to you, PvE is not the way to go for fast and easy loot, you can only run ops 4 times a week and HM FPs once a day. You want almost instant gratification, go PvP.

Stop whining here every time you don't get exactly what you want. It took me over a month to get my entire set, while others got it in a week. That is just the way it works.

LOTRO's loot system is just so much more refined, I figured since it had been in lotro for over four years now that it would just be standard everywhere else.

The system is simple:

Kill a boss and a barter item drops.

Any class can take that item and barter it for class gear.

Its sooooooooo easy to implement too. TOR already has barter items, why the hell did they restrict them to classes?! It makes no sense at all. If its a barter item that can be master looted and handed to anyone then everyone is happy. It means that if we get a new member into guild, we only have to fun each HM FP once for gear them up, not ~4 times in the hope that their class's barter item drops. The current system is also seriously irritating when putting together a group. If I run a flashpoint or ops with a shadow tank, shadow dps (me), sage dps and sage healer then our chances of getting usable loot drop dramatically! We actually get penalised for playing with friends, just because we chose the same base class.

I'm sorry, but I do not understand why anyone is complaining. This type of loot dropping system is nothing new to MMOs, the way it is distributed is a tad flawed, but how it drops is nothing new. Each piece has a percentage drop rate for EACH boss kill, that means that every time a boss i skilled, piece x has a 12% chance to drop each time.

In HM Fps, only 1 token drops, and that is off an end boss, in operations each boss drops tokens, sometimes it drops the same token twice sometimes it's different tokens.

From what it sounds like, most of you want fast and easy loot. Well hate to break it to you, PvE is not the way to go for fast and easy loot, you can only run ops 4 times a week and HM FPs once a day. You want almost instant gratification, go PvP.

Stop whining here every time you don't get exactly what you want. It took me over a month to get my entire set, while others got it in a week. That is just the way it works.

Yea great, well I've been doing 2-3 HMs daily for over a month and still lack 2 pieces, 3 friends have fully geared each (2 BH 1 IA) in about 5-8 days each.... another warrior friend has done over 20 HMs and not even got 1 piece of columni, not even seen a drop, he has a similiar grouping profile as me. This pattern is being repeated consistently.

I've done TFE approximately 20 times, I'd guess, seen 2 IA chest pieces, all the rest Bounty hunter, the chances of that are slim, sure it could happen randomly, but not to lots and lots of people repeatedly.

People spouting rubbish about it being RNG should ****, I've gone through this process a few times on WoW and you could tell absolutely it was random, you had varying results, sometimes you saw your item but missed the roll, whatever, the odds of getting 18 BH chests and 2 IA chests from 20 goes are astronomical, what's also funny is that I've pre-congratulated 4 BHs in the last week and EVERY TIME THEY GOT THE CHEST. They thought I was a voodoo shaman.

random loot is random.

there are other avenues to getting tier gear including tokens/crystals etc.

you can also move mods around into other gear. there are many paths to gearing up. i think the multiple paths are great. i often take mods/enhancements out of duplicate gear i get and move them into orange gear of the slots i need.