Beef up Tharan Cedrax

Almhath

Can anyone tell me how to improve Tharan Cedrax' armor/stats?

I'm lvl 50. I've been able now and then to give Nadia Grell my hand-me-downs, improving her armor. she's now wearing Columi armor.

But I find I prefer the work of Tharan. I do better with him overall. But his armor is fairly out of the box, averaage level of cunnning something like between 60 to 94 or so.

I'd love to improve Tharan's armor, but I don't know how. I've attempted to buy better on the Galactic terminal, but He already seems to have the best. I casn't give him my hand-me-downs as I use Willpower, and he uses Cunning. I haven't seen drops for him in Ops.

Ideas?

Thank you

same way you would gear up yourself. if your a newish 50 use the columi and tionese comms from flashpoints and buy gear from the smuggler vendor. im a shadow tankand i usually run with tharan collecting as many groups as i can at once and aoeing them all down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me how to improve Tharan Cedrax' armor/stats?

I'm lvl 50. I've been able now and then to give Nadia Grell my hand-me-downs, improving her armor. she's now wearing Columi armor.

But I find I prefer the work of Tharan. I do better with him overall. But his armor is fairly out of the box, averaage level of cunnning something like between 60 to 94 or so.

I'd love to improve Tharan's armor, but I don't know how. I've attempted to buy better on the Galactic terminal, but He already seems to have the best. I casn't give him my hand-me-downs as I use Willpower, and he uses Cunning. I haven't seen drops for him in Ops.

Ideas?

Thank you

The Recruit set or the Tionese set is your best bet to start. Then like others said, greed on Smuggler gear in Flashpoints and eventually you'll improve that. If you have alts, work on your companion characters. Getting your Presence stat high makes up for gear.

I've got the fellow up to 17.5 K hit points and matched on the cunning. What I did early on was go and find adaptable armor amd weaponry, purchased with planetary commendations. Anything you can get that can be upgraded with mods should be upgraded with mods.

Look for mods, armoring and barrels with the highest Cunning and Endurance combos you can get. Again, if you're under 50, planet commendations are the way to go. I'm now using Daily commendations and Rakata ones to upgrade him. Fellow even has a piece of Black Hole gear on him. Oh, and augments are overlooked far too frequently. They're expensive, but worth it.

Power is the tertiary stat for this guy, so keep that in mind when buying or making enhancements. Use Endurance or Power crystals for his blaster and scattergun. Tech Power is also bang for the buck on his heals and damage

Zenith also uses Cunning/Endurance gear, BTW. But Zenith doesn't use tech as much. He's the DPS Gunslinger to Tharan's healer-spec Scoundrel.

Yarp. once your geared past Tionese and getting columi, buy him Ti with your comms. once your past columi, use yoru comms to get him columi. once you've got earpieces and implants from daily comms, he gets some next. pretty swift once the ball starts rolling. the key is to do more then your daily random FP. when my shadow first hit 50, i ran about 10 of them that weekend...i was fully geared out and theran had about half his gear as columi, and the rest were tionese. make sure your maximizing your daily quests...the daily comms ears and implants have great stats on them (even BH isn't as good for most classes).

Just make sure your not needing on rolls for your comp UNLESS no one else rolls need. far too often I've lost rolls cause some joker (who isn't a cunning class) waits till the last minute and rolls need without asking. if you ask, then at least he knows your going for it too....

Nadia now has a mix of BH/Columi gear and Theran has Columi/Rakata/Tionese gear with a Rakata MH that dropped from an Ops where everyone was geared. As a tank, gearing comps should not be hard as well. I also make implants with BioChem so they get those too. I only wish they had slots for relics :p

I just gear him up in a set of Recruit Mk2 and called it done.

same here, and then I slowly added MK-5 augments to boost his primary stats. Only companions who get better gear are Nadia on my Sage and Torian on my BH, because I have great hand me downs for them.

• 1 month later...