[Devs] Intermentent Bug Report: Sabotage Probe Issues

zaskar

This seems to affect everyone different so it makes me think something is screwy with the weapon system upgrade tree. I know at least five very good pilots on Pot5 that have this weapon system fully upgraded and targets of the effects still get to maneuver with the debuffs clearly showing on the targeting computer.

We've exhausted what we can do to make sure it's in fact not us. We've swapped to other systems, changed the selected upgrades, logged in and out. Sacrificed three nerfs, a wamp rat and an orokeet to the World Razer on Belsavis all to no avale.

Opening tickets and such has got none of us any kind of response and 2.10 patch is coming and there is no mention of a fix so, here we are.

Edited by zaskar

We've had problems with Sabotage Probe on Begeren Colony, too. There are a few forum threads that had been started talking about the problem, like this one. Maybe someone will take notice, eventually.

I've experienced it personally, same thing you described. People were able to maneuver after I landed the probe. I didn't record any evidence of it, but it's pretty clear that there is a problem with it that needs fixing.

Hey guys, I've done some experimenting and I think I figured out why it wasn't working for me (I was the one who posted the video in the above link). I switched around some upgrades, and found that when I have the right T5 upgrade chosen (the one that slows regen rate) instead of the left one (speed reduction), it works fine. It's still a bug of course, but this is a workaround that I'm okay with. Also just because it works for me now doesn't mean it will fix it for everybody.

I'm wondering if someone else who is having problems can try that and report back on whether or not it made a difference. That would go a long way in helping the devs pin down the issue.

Hey guys, I've done some experimenting and I think I figured out why it wasn't working for me (I was the one who posted the video in the above link). I switched around some upgrades, and found that when I have the right T5 upgrade chosen (the one that slows regen rate) instead of the left one (speed reduction), it works fine. It's still a bug of course, but this is a workaround that I'm okay with. Also just because it works for me now doesn't mean it will fix it for everybody.

I'm wondering if someone else who is having problems can try that and report back on whether or not it made a difference. That would go a long way in helping the devs pin down the issue.

We tested this tonight and found it to be spot on. If you use the T5 upgrade on the left, the movement debuff does not apply correctly. Using the T5 upgrade on the right, it works. Or seems to work. We're not 100% sure.

Hey devs, this sounds like a really simple fix. can we please get it?

OK maybe this is not as easy to fix as it seems, but say something devs.

Anyways, with more playtime it is looking like it's not just the speed upgrade. It has to do with changing the tree. If you log out and back in the with the regen ablity it seems to act the same way. Without access to logs and a version of the game with symbols turned on so I can debug my hunt will have to stop here.

This is killing my favorite ship build and its making some pilots simply not fly. Please fix.

Ok, this is very good.

So it looks like the takeway to the devs is:

Sabotage Probe Tier 5-left (reduced engine speed 35%) is bugged such that it no longer prevents maneuvering.

Is this what you guys are seeing? This provides us with both a workaround, and pretty much removes the intermittent repeatability that we were seeing (aka, I never had an issue, but others did, and others didn't), such that the devs can get their mittens on it.

Pretty sure on this?

I'm 99% sure at this point, I've played with it enough to get a repeatable behavior, it is thus:

1. Use Sab Probe prior to T5, all is good.

2. Unlock Sab Probe T5 and choose what 99.9999% of people do. You know the important killer part of the tree. The snare. Maneuverability debuff is no longer applied when Sab Probe is attached to target.

3. Swap to the lame T5 debuff, still have Sab Probe but it's pretty lame.

4. ...

5. NO PROFIT.

Bumping this thread, because I would like to see a dev respond to at least one of the current issues we're facing.

I want to believe the entire GSF team are Italian and have taken the month of August off. But we all know as it was stated back in May, GSF team has been moved to GSH for the foreseeable future. So GSF gets dick but new bugs because of sloppy source control.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...