Duels

RayGonJinn

Very soon BSR is hosting a duel tourney

Each AC will be in different brackets and we will have 8 champions

Finally we'll have results instead of **** talking

I know who my money is on in the sent/Mara category but ill keep that to myself till its betting time :)

I want to know how this works because I've been a melee fighter my whole yr of playing this game and from my logic when it comes to the battle of the Knights/Warriors its all about who gets the first leap. If Darknight or Scyn or Deyvon (-_-) or Stelios or Myrm, or that Other guy who I no longer have respect for or that other guy :p was to get the first saber throw and leap on me they will have the advantage and their skill to keep the fight in their control would take me down. Vice versa. If I were to get the throw and leap they to will go down. same thing in the sentinel category to me. Stealthies too. Its easy to sneak attack someone and thats how your class is. You get to start a fight on your own accord. But if you couldn't and you were on the on other end of an attack from someone with no stealth that got the jump on you. Could you turn it around and win the duel then? (and compare yourself to players that can actually kill you not the guys who you could defeat twice with 1 life) Plain and simple to me until I see a player defeat people from offense and defense their can be no champion.

Edited by RayGonJinn

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still working out the details so suggestions are open for sure

For now lets use this thread for suggestions and concerns about the dueling tourney and I'll post more info in the following days

Also lets use this thread for some pre-mature smack talking, might as well build up some hype before we begin :)

Sniper/Gunslinger: I'm super excited for this category. Seeing two turrets turn on one another should be very interesting to watch. There are many, many great snipers/gunslingers on this server but only can be crowned champion. My vote goes to Valya, I think she is going to burn the competition with her plasma probe and steal the crown of best dueling sniper/gunslinger on server.

Operative/Scoundrel: Talk about a duel depending on who strikes the first blow. I don't have a clear winner with so many notable ones out there. However I'm somewhat comfortable thinking the final duel will come between Melyn and Ushanev. Will the orange overcoat carry him to victory, or will swag alone not cut it, we shall see.

Merc/Commando: Again, two turrets turning one another, even if there underpowered turrets. Many will come here and say Eelum, Manka, Daz will win. However I'm going with the guy with the big gun, don't let me down Og

Powertech/Vanguard: Talk about some fiery duels, the competition will heat up with this one. I'm not sure who will win, but I look to see Defense and Approxy progress deep into the bracket.

Sorc/Sage: Not as many great duelist out there, but never the less there are some great ones. I look to see Ryd, Sweetjuice, Lolermelon, and Dashara to do well. I'm not sure who will win, but its going to be interesting.

Shadow/Assassin: These will be like the operative duels I believe. My money is on the server's NPC, Jedi Consular

Juggernaut/Guardian: Most will say Scyn, and Darknight, which these are very safe bets. However there is a young gun out there named Bakumai, and I think he is going to surprise some folks.

Marauder/Sentinel: I saved the best for last. No category will have the competition this one will. There are easily 10 different players on the server in this category who think he or she is the best. I for see many epic duels, and many people who will have their pride smashed, literally. I could sit here and name so many different names but we already know who they are, there is no point. I'll just name the man I think who will win. Wrecks. Talk about speak softly but carry a big stick. He is on the Ultimate Records thread for multiple reasons. He plays objectives like a boss. When he solo guards, good luck taking it. He doesn't come to the forums to brag, he just que's up, kills you, and moves on. I look to him to take Gold in this category.However if he is beat by the others I wouldn't be suprised either, there are many who could win. It's going to come down to who pops what at the right time, and who out thinks their opponets.

Edited by Riggz

Also lets use this thread for some pre-mature smack talking, might as well build up some hype before we begin :)

Ushanev and I go way back. I wouldn't mind teaching him how to dps again ;D. Also, I will be there on my slinger as well. Be prepared Valya hehehehe.

Also also, whatever "swag" ush has will not help ushanev against the bumblebee. Be very afraid.

No fair cheating! I was totally planning on dueling you to practice vs. different specs.

RIggz, multiple entries are not allowed, right? RIGHT?

Only one entry allowed

It would be a headache to make brackets w/ multiples

However if majority wants multiple entries mutiple entries there will be

Edited by Riggz

Merc/Commando: Again, two turrets turning one another, even if there underpowered turrets. Many will come here and say Eelum, Manka, Daz will win. However I'm going with the guy with the big gun, don't let me down Og

Legionne might have something to say about your predictions. ;)

Legionne might have something to say about your predictions. ;)

I love my some upsets or people who fly under the radar

Tell him/ her to lock in load and go full auto on folks

Pun intended

Marauder/Sentinel: I saved the best for last. No category will have the competition this one will. There are easily 10 different players on the server in this category who think he or she is the best. I for see many epic duels, and many people who will have their pride smashed, literally. I could sit here and name so many different names but we already know who they are, there is no point. I'll just name the man I think who will win. Wrecks. Talk about speak softly but carry a big stick. He is on the Ultimate Records thread for multiple reasons. He plays objectives like a boss. When he solo guards, good luck taking it. He doesn't come to the forums to brag, he just que's up, kills you, and moves on. I look to him to take Gold in this category.However if he is beat by the others I wouldn't be suprised either, there are many who could win. It's going to come down to who pops what at the right time, and who out thinks their opponets.

I will vote for Scyn because he ain't no smash monkey...

Only one entry allowed

It would be a headache to make brackets w/ multiples

However if majority wants multiple entries mutiple entries there will be

I wasn't being serious. :o Let the alterholics have their fun! I can beat Melyn. Really. :t_eek:

Edited by stringcat

I thought about it and this would bring extra flavor to it

Multiple entries will be allowed

If someone can win in multiple classes they shouldn't be penalized for being awesome

This also adds so much more flare to this tourney

A lot of egos are gonna be hurt when this is over.

I'm going to suggest illum, central to be specific since that's the classic dueling ground. Its also better than outlaws den since you minimize outside interference.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

A lot of egos are gonna be hurt when this is over.

I'm going to suggest illum, central to be specific since that's the classic dueling ground. Its also better than outlaws den since you minimize outside interference.

The only concern I have is outside parties wrecking havoc

If we aren't in the PvP zone and participants are un flagged it will work

Also this has been brought to my attention

How do you guys feel about the state of your dueling environment

Do you want clean, open environments.

Or places w/ lots of line of sighting options etc.

I'm pretty neutral on this but initial feedback I'm getting is that people want LOS areas

Also Rinzler hit me up whenever you're online and we can scout out some nice areas on Ilum for the duel. This is a community based event so feel free to post how you want this duel to shape up. This will happen before 2.0 and will determine who is the best duelist of their class pre-expansion, so make sure you shape it to what you want it to be.

also for the butt hurt players in the duel don't you worry, I have /boohoo ready to rock n' roll

Edited by Riggz

Then PVP gear is useless and its about who had adrenals and BIS PVE gear. That wouldn't work. Illum is the best pvp zone since at least its not free for all. Limited risk compared to outlaws.

I actually hope sevrow does come. I rather enjoy our fights.

Ill be on in about an hour or two Wrex. Ill hop imp side before pub, so ill hit you up on whichever I find you on.

And I hope we don't have sore loser. There's no shame in admitting defeat, and when fought between similarly skilled opponents class duels tend to be close anyways.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

Also betting in this duel is going to be strongly encouraged. It won't be official but i do encourage everyone to make bets with friends, it adds to the excitement on the duels.

I place 1,000,000 credits on myself that I'll be out in the first round on all my toons. Any takers? I need the money