Rotation for concealment operative?

mgpfire

I'm not a big fan of the Devastating Vengeance relic, simply because you need to crit during its proc for it to be useful. Both Focused Retribution and Serendipitous Assault will always increase your DPS while proc'd. If you like the Crit relic more, you can keep it even for low alacrity.

I also took a quick look at your parse. You're delaying Backstab which is not a good idea, but more importantly, you re-apply Corrosive Dart too early, this is bad for 2 reasons: a) you waste dot ticks, and b) you waste energy. Corrosive Dart is very energy heavy, and extensive use requires you to use more fillers the longer the fight goes on. Also avoid applying Corrosive Dart when a target is about to die. Your last Corrosive Dart only got 2 ticks off (which you shouldn't have used at all, because your previous Dart was still ticking). If you would have waited with the re-application of Corrosive Darts you also wouldn't have to use a 3rd or 4th Corrosive Dart.

Here's a comparison of our parses, if you're interested: http://parsely.io/parser/compare/347968/1/356172/0/0

I used 2 Corrosive Dart, which ticked 14 times.

You used 4 Corrosive Darts, which ticked 17 times.

Edited by Miho

I'm not a big fan of the Devastating Vengeance relic, simply because you need to crit during its proc for it to be useful. Both Focused Retribution and Serendipitous Assault will always increase your DPS while proc'd. If you like the Crit relic more, you can keep it even for low alacrity.

I also took a quick look at your parse. You're delaying Backstab which is not a good idea, but more importantly, you re-apply Corrosive Dart too early, this is bad for 2 reasons: a) you waste dot ticks, and b) you waste energy. Corrosive Dart is very energy heavy, and extensive use requires you to use more fillers the longer the fight goes on. Also avoid applying Corrosive Dart when a target is about to die. Your last Corrosive Dart only got 2 ticks off (which you shouldn't have used at all, because your previous Dart was still ticking). If you would have waited with the re-application of Corrosive Darts you also wouldn't have to use a 3rd or 4th Corrosive Dart.

Here's a comparison of our parses, if you're interested: http://parsely.io/parser/compare/347968/1/356172/0/0

I used 2 Corrosive Dart, which ticked 14 times.

You used 4 Corrosive Darts, which ticked 17 times.

I notice and im trying to fix it. in this one ( http://parsely.io/parser/compare/347968/1/356396/0/0 ) i was more close but i use bad a filler with a rifle shot insteed the dart. i getting use to this new rotation, i start to love it. i notice one thing, when internet go well and respond well i can parsely arround 11k, i can mantain up to 11k most of the parse. But when internet go low, as you can see in time to time comparation, my dps go down, no that mutch as before the fix in the armor stats and the little changes in the rotation. but it down too 9.5 and 10k. i notice in the ability comparation that is closer to the rotation, i miss a couple of filler, but timeline comparation i am more slow. i make a question about something i really dont know how it work. if i reduce a little crit and go to the higher num of ala you post (2096+) or if i go to the lower ala with energy regen, it can balance that slow? i think is a lot about internet and computer respond, but also about learning a little. but the feeling of beeing even with that slow at a couple of seconds of 11k or 11.5 it make want to improve. lol

I notice and im trying to fix it. in this one ( http://parsely.io/parser/compare/347968/1/356396/0/0 ) i was more close but i use bad a filler with a rifle shot insteed the dart. i getting use to this new rotation, i start to love it. i notice one thing, when internet go well and respond well i can parsely arround 11k, i can mantain up to 11k most of the parse. But when internet go low, as you can see in time to time comparation, my dps go down, no that mutch as before the fix in the armor stats and the little changes in the rotation. but it down too 9.5 and 10k. i notice in the ability comparation that is closer to the rotation, i miss a couple of filler, but timeline comparation i am more slow. i make a question about something i really dont know how it work. if i reduce a little crit and go to the higher num of ala you post (2096+) or if i go to the lower ala with energy regen, it can balance that slow? i think is a lot about internet and computer respond, but also about learning a little. but the feeling of beeing even with that slow at a couple of seconds of 11k or 11.5 it make want to improve. lol

Yea, stable internet is kinda a requirement for high Alacrity. Going for more Alacrity will not fix that issue. I can see pretty huge gaps between ability activation in your parse. If that was caused by your internet, then there is really nothing you can do about it. If you were just a bit slow, then that is something you can work on. Lowering Alacrity may fix this issue a bit, but the overall damage potential is slightly lower with low Alacrity. Anyway, 11k on a 500k dummy is pretty good. You can be proud of that. I would suggest you just keep practicing. Once you fix the other mistakes, you will deal even more damage and once you feel comfortable on the 500k one, I suggest you try the 1.5M dummy and ultimately move to the 2.5M dummy. Bursting a target (500k) and actually dealing sustained damage (1.5M+) are different learning curves because energy management starts to matter at these HP values.

Edited by Miho

Yea, stable internet is kinda a requirement for high Alacrity. Going for more Alacrity will not fix that issue. I can see pretty huge gaps between ability activation in your parse. If that was caused by your internet, then there is really nothing you can do about it. If you were just a bit slow, then that is something you can work on. Lowering Alacrity may fix this issue a bit, but the overall damage potential is slightly lower with low Alacrity. Anyway, 11k on a 500k dummy is pretty good. You can be proud of that. I would suggest you just keep practicing. Once you fix the other mistakes, you will deal even more damage and once you feel comfortable on the 500k one, I suggest you try the 1.5M dummy and ultimately move to the 2.5M dummy. Bursting a target (500k) and actually dealing sustained damage (1.5M+) are different learning curves because energy management starts to matter at these HP values.

I will do. And i wanna say really thank you for all the help. The improve is incredible. I reach almost 12k with mistakes ( http://parsely.io/parser/view/356583 ) i am number 3 behind you and stabigail. I will continue practicing and when i can make this more often i will try the next dummys. Really thank you! the improve is amazing from 9k to 11.6k thanks to you! you are the best!

I will do. And i wanna say really thank you for all the help. The improve is incredible. I reach almost 12k with mistakes ( http://parsely.io/parser/view/356583 ) i am number 3 behind you and stabigail. I will continue practicing and when i can make this more often i will try the next dummys. Really thank you! the improve is amazing from 9k to 11.6k thanks to you! you are the best!
oh he knows he's the best lol

• 1 month later...
When opening up on a boss you should always be in stealth and start with Backstab (triggers Acid Blade and Calculated Frenzy) into Volatile Substance (makes the target assailable), followed by a Veiled Strike (triggers 6-set bonus and makes the target susceptible) and a Laceration (triggers 2-set bonus). .

I played SWTOR at launch but took a hiatus shortly after RotHC. Just came back to the game and am trying to get up to speed on all the changes to my beloved Operative.

SWTOR has always suffered from a bit of "ability bloat". I'm curious about how you have your bars set up? It seems I have a half dozen self-heals, a few abilities that spend TA that are more utility in nature, and a distinct absence of Orbital Strike and Carbine Burst.

Are there any abilities that are pretty much useless for Concealment Ops? Right now I literally have all abilities on my bars while I "re-learn" how to play, but I'd like to trim it down to the essentials and useful utility abilities.

Any feedback is appreciated. I've been gone for 3+ years and so much has changed to the class and the game as a whole, it's a bit overwhelming.

Would say if you went purely single target, as if you were parsing, the following abilities you'd need are:

(Not in order) Backstab, Veiled strike, Lacerate, volatile substance, corrosive dart, crippling slice, rifle shot, overload shot (very rarely or situational). Alone with your stim boost and possible raid wide (tactical superiority).

Carbine burst was replaced with the multi knife throwing ability (forgot the name) and toxic haze is a pseudo orbital, but just requires a tactical and is thrown at your feet instead of being placed. Sever tendon and debilitate are all that should be left from this list aside from defensives healing etc.

Most abilties are useful in Concealment. Overload Shot, Sever Tendon, Frag Grenade and Noxious Knives (replacement for Carbine Burst) are used very rarely and you can get away without using them at all in PvE. In PvP Sever Tendon is pretty important. Toxic Haze and Infiltrate could also be considered as not necessary, but they have their uses. I honestly keep everything on my bars. Toxic Haze is the only half decent AoE Concealment has, although still pretty poor. Frag Grenade is a decent ranged filler when you have energy for it, while Overload Shot is a decent melee filler if no other abilties are available (which shouldnt really happen) or if you're within a 4-10 min range.

Long story short. Overload Shot, Sever Tendon, Frag Grenade, Noxious Knives, Toxic Haze and Infiltrate are totally situational in Concealment and not using them will never put you in any disadvantage in PvE.

Edited by Miho