*SPOILER!!!* Sith Warrior Companion/Story: Choice made for you?! ***?!

Lith_Ragond

What I found annoying about this was that nothing you do beforehand changes this.

So its not just that choice thats made for you but all the previous choices are worthless. Yes Quinn I will help you with that promotions, yes Quinn I will let you go on secret missions, Yes Quinn I will tell Vette to shut up, Yes Quinn I will allow you to kill the person that ruined your Career. Yes Quinn Baras did just try and blow us up in a trap, Yes Quinn that was Baras Apprentice that put you in med bay, don't worry I saved you and knocked him to his death. Yes Quinn I have fought beside you in the name of the true emporer killing people to stop them from killing you.

Whats that you are still going to betray me despite having pledged yourself to my legacy and having 10,000 affection. That makes no sence what so ever. The story should never have gone down that path if you had a high enough effection with Quinn, but instead its forced down a path of betrayal where you had no choice to do anything about it and let him back into the fold.

Though don't get me wrong, even a dark 5 scumbag would regret killing his only medic. Specially when new content comes out for solo play and you are forced to use a tank or a dps both of which the warrior can do while the one thing he can't replace is the healer.

My whole take on the Quinncident was he felt he had not choice to do it, whether personal honor, mind games played by Baras ext but he did a half *** job thus the two silver droids. He could say he tried, you beat him and if you kill him, which I think he is expecting he will know you will still survive and take baras down.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also would have liked the option to kill Quinn, but I understand why they didn't give it to me. What I don't understand is why I didn't have the option to slap a slave collar or something on him. Seems like that could have been handled pretty easily.

Plus, the idea that you can be maxed out affection with Quinn and still have him betray you is garbage. They could have at least wrote something into the story where if your affection was high enough he warns you about the ambush and you play it out anyway, if they felt that encounter was important enough to be impossible to circumvent. They could have made it a whole master plan where quinn pretends to kill you and you use it as part of your defeat of Baras...instead....bah.

Have to agree that Bioware really botched it with Quinn here. The problem is how the player is given zero control over effecting the event and its outcome. This is a prime example of why people feel their choices have no impact on the story or their companions.

I've already seen plenty of good story options listed by others here that Bioware could have implemented. Personally, my biggest gripe is that you have no way to prevent the betrayal from happening in the first place. You can have Quinn at max affection, support his career, trust in his tactical decisions, praise his professionalism, save his life, even marry him....but none of that alters his decision to support Baras and betray you? BS! That, to me, is the most bogus part of it all. It would have been simple enough to implement a dialog where Quinn admits to you that Baras was trying to manipulate him against your character but your actions made him reconsider.

As for how your character isn't given the option to kill him, likely due to gameplay issues, I see nothing wrong with other alternatives such as carbonite freezing, slave collar, crippling him (he returns with his default skin having cybernetics), etc. Its just plain lazy and sloppy story telling to rob players of having any options for such a major event involving one of their own (romanceable) companions.