ToFN DPS Leaderboard

I_Sithed_MyPants

Snipers and gunnery are as high.

Just are not enough high gear/skilled ones posting their numbers here.

But again, they bring their own armour debuff, their damage does not benefit in a raid from someone elses armour debuff.

Everyone who relies on another class/spec to debuff a target will post much lower dummy parses.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snipers and gunnery are as high.

Just are not enough high gear/skilled ones posting their numbers here.

But again, they bring their own armour debuff, their damage does not benefit in a raid from someone elses armour debuff.

Everyone who relies on another class/spec to debuff a target will post much lower dummy parses.

I haven't seen a 2000~ dps parse from a sniper or commando, but I guess there could be some out there.

Only the highest armour debuff counts. It doesn't matter if there is another armour debuff placed ontop of theirs. It has been this way since 1.3.

I agree, but the difference isn't 200 dps+.

Edited by Truescopes

I haven't seen a 2000~ dps parse from a sniper or commando, but I guess there could be some out there.

Only the highest armour debuff counts. It doesn't matter if there is another armour debuff placed ontop of theirs. It has been this way since 1.3.

I agree, but the difference isn't 200 dps+.

Yes, the non-stacking of armour debuffs is why debuff classes gain almost nothing from being in a raid but do almost maximum damage on a dummy solo.

Everyone without an armour debuff does not do nearly as close to maximum damage without the armour debuff which will be present in a raid.

Hence the dummy parses being misleading.

It's 130dps for me.

But I'm not chasing any more parses til I upgrade fully from campaign to dread guard, I have naff all armourings and no weapon upgrades.

That will be a 1900+ parse and then I'll post it.

Edited by Gyronamics

I really don't see the point of this. But I disagree with Gyronamics, since you can always get a Sniper/Mara/etc. to just keep up the armor debuff while you are dpsing, there's nothing wrong with that and you can never know if the parses shown from people here are with or without someone else applying the debuff.

What is actually wrong with this is the fact that you are comparing classes that pull completely different DPS numbers. You cannot compare a Powertech, who has a theoretical output of 2k+ with my Lightning Sorc, who has a THEORETICAL MAXIMUM of 1.8k http://i.imgur.com/V3o4j.jpg I pulled 1.75k when I tried yesterday, but I don't see the point in uploading it. It is mathematically impossible to compete with innately higher DPS classes.

You can have separate "ladders" for different classes for example, since it is not acceptable to have the excuse that a spec is lower DPS than yours if you can actually spec it. But comparing DPS among classes that pull 5- 10% more DPS is unnecessary. You need to have a pro player of a class that pulls 10% less damage against a complete retard playing the 10% higher DPS class for the former to have even a chance against the latter. There is no point to the whole leaderboard when you take into account MAXIMUM POSSIBLE output from each class.

I really don't see the point of this. But I disagree with Gyronamics, since you can always get a Sniper/Mara/etc. to just keep up the armor debuff while you are dpsing, there's nothing wrong with that and you can never know if the parses shown from people here are with or without someone else applying the debuff.

What is actually wrong with this is the fact that you are comparing classes that pull completely different DPS numbers. You cannot compare a Powertech, who has a theoretical output of 2k+ with my Lightning Sorc, who has a THEORETICAL MAXIMUM of 1.8k http://i.imgur.com/V3o4j.jpg I pulled 1.75k when I tried yesterday, but I don't see the point in uploading it. It is mathematically impossible to compete with innately higher DPS classes.

You can have separate "ladders" for different classes for example, since it is not acceptable to have the excuse that a spec is lower DPS than yours if you can actually spec it. But comparing DPS among classes that pull 5- 10% more DPS is unnecessary. You need to have a pro player of a class that pulls 10% less damage against a complete retard playing the 10% higher DPS class for the former to have even a chance against the latter. There is no point to the whole leaderboard when you take into account MAXIMUM POSSIBLE output from each class.

If you don't like it, you don't have to post.

Also, there isn't enough people using the server forums to make a leader board for each seperate class, however you can just compare your numbers to the other people of the same class on the leaderboard.

Well there is actually because the OP doesn't want classes to show their dps with an armour debuff as if in a raid situation.

So if your damage output benefits from an armour debuff then you can't compete on the ladder because by the rules you're crippled (by my calculations) by about 8% of all applicable damage which would be increased.

Anyone who knows the class will know that Pyro mercs don't parse on a dummy to rival an Arsenal merc.

However if both attack the same target you'll find they do actually parse similar numbers.

Arsenal doesn't get anything from the partnership but Pyro cashes in on the armour debuff which affects all players attacking the target.

So which is really the true damage output in a raid?

The dummy solo or the dummy with a highly likely armour debuff?

Edited by Gyronamics

I'm not playing on this server but the thread showed up as having the last post in the server forum so I had to have a peek.

I've argued for a long time that playing on a US server while being in the EU, which I do, totally screws up my parses and after looking at some of my main class's parses in this thread I'm even more certain. I see the top player on my class have lower ticks on the core ability and being significally lower on everything els. I also have a better build. I've noticed several times that despite seeing numbers when I "fight" the dummy they're not showing up later as I am checking the parse. To further establish that something is off I'm usually the one pulling aggro in whatever operation I'm in and way ahead of the rest the few times I suffer through EV (when I'm on lockout on everything els) and we fight the council.

This leads me to a question, what kind of latency were the top players playing on? I'm never below 120 and sometimes in the 200 range. Real enemies are seemingly less affected by this than the dummy though. I feel like foremost dots are iffy on the dummy. The only time I've managed to produce something decent is when there were only 30 people on the fleet.

Now if only BW would allow me to move my characters to an EU server >_>

This leads me to a question, what kind of latency were the top players playing on? I'm never below 120 and sometimes in the 200 range. Real enemies are seemingly less affected by this than the dummy though. I feel like foremost dots are iffy on the dummy. The only time I've managed to produce something decent is when there were only 30 people on the fleet.

Im never usually above 50ms, I think most people will be around that as well, maybe lower.

Hey there, I found out about this cool little thread, so here is my bit:

I have a feeling some of my guildies will post theirs soon. I'll make a higher parse when I'll have some more time - totally doable! :)

Oh, and I almost forgot that I'd like to ask Trsk how is he able to do 6,2k rail shots? Oo

My highest HIB is 5653 and that's with attack adrenal and another 1k power from gear. I had no pilgrim buff, but that doesn't make so large difference.

No, I have no 63 mods/pilgrim buff or anything. Not sure, it's the highest rail shot I've ever gotten.

Edit: Also the 2 parses you guys posted don't count. It has to be done on the fleet dummy, I can get higher on my own dummy too.

Edited by Truescopes

66,67% crit rate with PvE set? That's nice. :)

I don't have 63 mods either. Just in my offhand cause I'm gearing for my tanking main spec.

EDIT: true with the dummy, It's on my ship. They are actually different? :\

Will do my next parse there then.

Edited by Samohnat

Hey there, I found out about this cool little thread, so here is my bit:

I have a feeling some of my guildies will post theirs soon. I'll make a higher parse when I'll have some more time - totally doable! :)

Yeah, that one was done on your ship dummy, it needs to be done on the "Operations Training Target MK-5" on the Republic Fleet to be added to the leaderboard.