After maxing out my crafting at Level 50, I can tell you its worthless...

Sevenpifers

Don't bother guys, And Bioware please listen.

Look, I poured alot of money into crafting, I put at least 250k into Armstech scavenging and investigation.

Now your telling me after I paid all that money and did all that work that I now have to raid to get three Rare drops to craft them? Really? Are you serious?

Honestly I can do the pvp zone on Ilum and get purples in five minutes.

Your telling me to make Blues I need to raid....Plus get the mats, Plus buy the Schematic plus the skill level plus the time.

I'm sorry but this needs to change guys. The non weapon/Armor crafting professions get all they're goodies like re-usable medpacs and to get 20+ cunning or Endurance we need to raid and buy all the other stuff.....

I should have listened to my friends before I maxed this out. I had fun leveling it, And I enjoyed it. But raiding for more rares then you would a regular raid weapon drop is not common curiosity to someone who spent all that money and work.

So what are all your thoughts on this?

Edited by Sevenpifers

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

your not getting raid quality gear by crafting with out raiding was pretty much stated over and over again. Armortech, and syntheweave are both mostly for modable armors can get... but like guy above me said i wish i'd done cybertech... far more useful in grand scheme of things, as honestly past leveling those professions are very lack luster compared to other professions

I've never been a fan of putting BOP crafting materials in heroics or raids, but then I was one of those level 1 crafters in MMOs gone by.

The new model seems to be if it's comparable with raid gear, get your butt into a raid you slacker. Too many raiders went all Gollum on the loot tables and now we all suffer.

The general direction of online gaming over the last decade has to been to phase out crafting altogether. They do this by making it worse & worse with every new game until all the people who did crafting simply give up & join the herd.

I played a Master Shipwright in the original SWG, yet I have no intentions of even touching the crafting system here, because I knew it would be exactly like what you described.

The days of crafting in MMORPGs are going to way of the dinosaur. It's all just about bigger boss fights for better loot drops, now. Instant gratification > everything else.

Bio seems to be the best for End game as everyone will want stims and medpac's. As far as the reusable medpacs you have to have Bio to use them and even then the blues are better because they heal and have a HOT. Bio seems the way to go Edited by Vasten

Bio seems to be the best for End game as everyone will want stims and medpac's. As far as the reusable medpacs you have to have Bio to use them and even then the blues are better because they heal and have a HOT. Bio seems the way to go

I'll be taking up cybertech now, Atleast you guys in Biochem get stuff through your leveling. We get nothing and when we do we have to raid for it -_-

Now your telling me after I paid all that money and did all that work that I now have to raid to get three Rare drops to craft them? Really? Are you serious?

most unfortunately, this game follows wow. and takes all its worse parts too.

like this - crafting is totally useless if you dont raid. that is basically forcing people who enjoy crafting/trading to raiding - making one group of gamers (which are totally not in the minority compared to raider population) the b@tches of raiders.

but, raiders are not obliged to craft - once they were, but thanks to dailies and other means to make up for raid needs, they didnt have to be obliged to engage in a gameplay they dont like for some time now.

your not getting raid quality gear by crafting with out raiding was pretty much stated over and over again.

and that's what i dont understand in wow-clone games. and wow too, for over 3-5 years.

why the hell should i be obliged to NOT get raid quality gear by crafting ? see, i am one of the players who is not playing/PAYING this game, or any other game for what they call raiding.

i dont give two flying fracks about how much time and effort raiders spend in raids. its their choice. doing this or doing that, cannot give ANY particular playstyle privilege or priority over the other - everyone is paying these games the SAME amount. period.

if, people who are preferring to do crafting/trading is hampered just because people who want to do raiding and get stuff other people dont have and feel privileged with it, that is a problem.

in short, crafting is gimp and totally useless in wow-clone games. unfortunately, this too. the only difference is, in swtor crafting may have a measure of benefit while leveling, to keep up mods and whatnot. however, if it is anything like wow in end game (and it seems so from what you people say) then crafting is totally worthless, and is an underdog to raiding. which is, NOT nice.

i would like to remind you that there were 3 things that kept a failed game like swg up for that long (many people played into 3rd year) -> these were flexible class/skill system, player cities, and trading/economy.

soe screwed up the first with the combat upgrades and whatnot, but the other two, player cities and trading/economy stayed, and kept people busy for a looong, loong time.

even though i was not a crafter, i saw a lot of people having a lot of fun with it. ( i had had revealed that crafting is not my playstyle either with this).

gimping crafting is like gimping what boosted swg to 30% despite its failure.

It's not the fact that you have to raid to get the better stuff, that is fine.

The problem is that you can get better than what we can craft, from a few dailies and a little PvP. The daily and PvP items are better than what we can craft Pre-Raid. So we have to raid to craft something that can be had from 30 minutes and buying it from a vendor.

The problem is that you can get better than what we can craft, from a few dailies and a little PvP. The daily and PvP items are better than what we can craft Pre-Raid. So we have to raid to craft something that can be had from 30 minutes and buying it from a vendor.

it doesnt matter. in a wow-clone trading system like this, even if what you outlined was not a problem, you would still be limited to selling 1 or 2 items (not even rare gear mind that, but some mid-range necessities like belt buckles in wow) which turned a measly profit, and all rest of the items you could sell would bring so ridiculous profits that it would be much more efficient to just sell the materials. been there, done that. like everyone else.

crafting needs to be taken away from raid context, and made an entire game in itself. because, it actually is an entire game - think ; this is the world of star wars. a huge galaxy with corporations, technology, and trade. that part of star wars, needs to be represented.

Well man we have 2 solutions: Either make the items non raid required since we can get better by dalies, OR Buff the items more.

I really enjoy Armstech and crafting in TOR in general. The randomness when discovery a new schematic from RE is thrilling and fun. Getting that purple ingredient from your mission once a day or so is fun too!

But the reports of it being completely obsolete at 50 (for now at least) really bumms me out right now :(

I agree that BW follows WoW way too much on certain aspects.

I agree that BW follows WoW way too much on certain aspects.

yes. its good at launch and a while, but they need to change from wow format fast.

even wow itself is changing. they nerfed talent trees to oblivion (too simple trees now - or they may even have removed them totally), simplified a lot of other things.

reason was simple. only 4 to 6 percent of players were actually seeing endgame content. 90%+ did not. they made raids much more accessible in wrath of the lich king for that reason.

but it seems, even that wasnt enough, so they simplified the game even more after cataclysm.

really. the percentage of gamers who are perceiving going through 4 hour key spamming by rendezvousing with 19 other people for 1% drop loot is negligible compared to the gaming masses today. due to the increased accessibility of computer hardware and consumerization of gaming.

they should veer away from wow format fast, and implement their own thing.

All I read through this was crafters complaining about not having epic gear that's needed to raid, because they don't like raiding.

Of course, crafters definitely need uber gear to be good crafters..

Logic in this thread is fail.

Restrictions everywhere, raiding to get crafting materials is so 2005..

Yep, this. I think I'm going Bio. Which sucks, because I put a lot of money into the skills I have now. but sad fact is, Bio is the only crafting profession that I know of that makes a consumable resource.

It would be different if the crafting could produce items you could NOT find in Raids (Gee bioware, what happened to choice? I thought you said people didn't have to do anything they didn't want to and still be viable in the game.... Not so much eh?)

or DIFFERENT items from raid gear. But sad fact is, crafting is a joke. Hell if it were easier to farm commendations I would just do that and get all my gear from the commendation vendors.

The reason Blizzard is making wow easier and more accessible is because it gets them MORE players.. Its a simple fact that most of the playerbase is casual players, they dont want to craft, they dont want to have to learn how to play. They want to log on to the game for an hour every other day and have all the perks that the hardcore player who invest 6+ hours a day into the game.

And since other companies are companies that wants to earn money, they too go for that model, its the most profitable and gets you most players. I cant blame them for that, but I wish it werent so.

CCP was/is about to take that path with Eve (which is considered a really hardcore sandbox game), introduce avatars and get more casual players = profit. But the players revolted and now they seem to be back on track. Altough I think this is an exception..

About the crafting, I loved the crafting system in SWG, I think it was the best system right after EVE. Its the same here, everyone wants everything and because of that, crafting has to be simple and everyone has to be able to do it. But it cant be that players have to craft to get the best items, that would be too much to do for them, rather have the best gear from easy quests/dailies..

I like the idea of having to raid (or something else thats not too easy) to get the best schematics, everyone cant just have them, then they wont be worth anything..

I don't really understand the complaint. If you don't want to raid for materials, and you don't want to pvp for pvp gear, what do you want to do to get the materials for the highest level crafting schematics?

If materials were so easy that you could just go farm them solo, it would overshadow gear obtained through group play. And if you don't want to do any group play, why do you need the gear in the first place?

I'm all for there being crafting schematics that are equal to, or slightly outshine, operation gear. But be realistic; if the gear is going to be that good, you're going to have to put in a similar amount of work to attain the materials for them.

Don't bother guys, And Bioware please listen.

Look, I poured alot of money into crafting, I put at least 250k into Armstech scavenging and investigation.

This was much discussed pre launch, raid tier epics are supposedly better than craftable epics but you are still pigeon holed into raiding to get them. Said it was a mistake then and it's still a mistake now. SWTOR the supposedly solo players game (as it was touted) needs craftable patterns to be available outside of raids. Instance drops would have been acceptable.

Bioware not everyone enjoys raiding anymore............... Even Blizz has recognised this by introducing a random raid finder. With below average challenge to make it easy & puggable. When you make a mistake man up and fix it

Failing to see how having raid specific gear come from RAIDING and PvP specific gear come from PVP has anything to do with "making a mistake" or "failing to make people happy".

It boggles me how people can argue against this and think that solo players should get gear equal to the gear of those who exclusively PVP or raid. Once you finish the storyline, what exactly is there to solo? You beat the game, there is nothing else. No special content to challenge yourself.

Failing to see how having raid specific gear come from RAIDING and PvP specific gear come from PVP has anything to do with "making a mistake" or "failing to make people happy".

It boggles me how people can argue against this and think that solo players should get gear equal to the gear of those who exclusively PVP or raid. Once you finish the storyline, what exactly is there to solo? You beat the game, there is nothing else. No special content to challenge yourself.

Maybe because the only gear we can craft is unmoddable greens which is a TOTAL waste of time money and effort.

Edited by Sevenpifers