[Heroic 4] Crushging the Jedi Freedom Fighters is not worth doing

i have sent reports in about this quest plenty of times during the beta about this quest being to hard, and the rewards are horrible for the amount of time it takes to get this quest finished, and the constant high repairs needed to get this quest done. It has gone to the point where whenever people ask for groups for this quest i tell them flat out "Do Not Do This Quest!" "The Rewards are not worth it!" For those who do nt know this problem or what this is about, Crushing the Jedi Freedom Fighters is a Heroic 4 Quest on Nar Shaadda for the Sith and it has not been fixed properly, here are the two problems still.

-First: The mobs respawn way too fast to keep up.

An Average group might take 1-2 minutes to kill one group of 5 elites, around 5-7 minutes later and 2 groups on, the first group starts to respawn again followed shortly by the second group and by the time you get all the crates you need and the jedi's killed for the first stage, everything has respawned and you have to fight your way through all the mobs again.

-Second: The Rewards are NOT worth it

After finishing this heroic with a sub-par group the rewards we were given to choose are totally not worth it. the XP and Credits are good but the gear/comm awards are not worth it, as a Mercenary Specced Bounty Hunter this is what i was able to choose:

-A Prototype Item Storage Case/Box

-2 Nar Shaadda Commendations

-A Prototype belt that is not better than the lev.20 PvP Prototype Beld i have.

would any of you want any of those items if you had to go through that headache of a heroic? I wouldnt Think so

So for future patches please try to work on these problems because frankly if i have to do this quest again with the same situations i would avoid it all over again. So possible fixes: Make the Respawns longer, and give better rewards like maybe moddable/modded gear.

Did this in an a random group yesterday, with no tank, and with people around the level of the heroic... had no trouble whatsoever. Rewards are fine, and it's not too hard compared to any heroic I played from 1 to 50 on republic side. I agree that they respawn a bit too fast though, after fighting our way down the stairs and clearing the champions there we had to fight our way up again through groups we killed a few minutes ago just to get to the console upstairs. It's a bit annoying but not difficult.

You don't have to do heroics, and some are more rewarding than others. But you can expect a hard time in future heroics unless you have a tank and a healer and some crowd control for good measure. There are many heroics where you fight against 2 to 4 elites in one pull.

The quest is fine, learn to play the game and use everything you have at your disposal.

Example. It's a Heroic 4 quest correct? So get a tank, healer and 2 dps and then go do it. Use your cc abilities, use your stuns and use your interrupts and, ****, PROFIT!

Me and my brother 2 manned this quest. I'm an assassin, hes a marauder. I cc'd 1, used my pet companion tank one, and let the other 2 focus on me and my brother while his heal companion tossed out some heals.

Now, between my stuns and interrupts and his stuns and interrupts, by focus firing the same target, we could have the 2 mobs dead before my pet companion died, and if not, wasnt an issue because there were only 2 left anyways.

And if pet dies, who cares, dismiss and resummon back to full hp.

Now if me and my brother, 2 classes that arent specced to tank or heal, can 2 man this quest with companions, you sure as hell can with a group of 4 people. And if you cant, then thats really sad that the companion crappy AI is outperforming actual players.

This isn't WoW where a tank tosses an aoe to grab aggro and the group facerolls to kill the mobs. This game requires cc, and it requires you to pay attention, not rely on a mod telling you to move out of the fire or pulling 5 groups at a time because healers have infinite mana.

I hate hate hate non instanced heroics. The respawn timer is way too fast. Half the time after you cleared one pack the pack behind you has regened and aggros.

The need to move the packs further apart and add like 5 min to respawn timer. This heroic is actually harder than most flashpoints at this level. The packs are very large all eleite and can destroy a healer in seconds if the tank cant grab them all.

Offtopic: I keep listening to people about having to get tank+2dps+healer to do an Heroic 4. That's simply not true. I did the other day a Heroic 4 with 3 gunslinger (ranged dps, at his best), and a healer (commando, not in the level of the quest, about 2-3 levels below), and we did it just fine. Yeah, we died one time due to an error, but we did the Heroic without any problem.

Heroic 4 was in Alderaan, Rep side, the one in Castle Panther, and if someone has done that one, you must know that you have to kill a few groups of mob.

So no, still, Heroic 4s, generally, are not that difficult. A few of them can be, but still, they can be done.

I have skipped that quest on all of my characters so far, so I have no comment on it. However, I do recall a Heroic quest during the Alderaan Bonus Series that everyone in my group was pretty pissed about. The H4 quest called Sabotage has a bonus three stage quest that requires you to close four valves placed around the sides of a room, and then the final part requires you to kill a champion mob that is at the entrance of said room.

Now that doesn't sound all that bad, but the path around the room is completely linear (its four platforms with bridges connecting them on both sides in a square, but the bridge is destroyed on one side, breaking the chain). As others have complained about, the mobs respawn rather fast, so if you intend on finishing the bonus quest, it requires several clears of a very large room just to go to one side and back.

And now the icing on the cake: the questing on Alderaan for the bonus series is for around the early 40s, but for some reason the final stage (turn in portion) of the bonus quest for Sabotage is marked as being early 30s for when you are on Alderaan for your first tour, and therefore grey and too low for you at that point. So turn in nets you exp literally in the hundreds (if even) and a couple of Alderaan commendations, which are useless at that point cause of the gap in Alderaan leveling phases.

TL;DR: Buff the reward for the bonus quest of an optional quest in a bonus series!

But seriously, I skip all heroic quests nowadays, they take too long and rarely outweigh the costs.

I have done the quest and I do disagree. Also no one forces you to do any Heroics, you can skip them entirely if you dont enjoy the challenge in itself and find the quest rewards insufficient for your "wasted" time.

I also like the mix of instanced and non-instanced Heroics. making them all instanced would be rather boring, dont you think.

I think there should be more heroic areas. I still wonder how it is that I didnt run into that quest type until Alderaan. (storm the fort or whatever it was called)

I think there should be more heroic areas. I still wonder how it is that I didnt run into that quest type until Alderaan. (storm the fort or whatever it was called)

Those are awesome :) Alderaan one is a non heroic (Area, but you don't need a group), but Balmorra one is heroic and it's perfectly balanced, and has an fantastic puzzle ;)

Totally agree that this quest is BS. I'm doing it now and we've died about 10 times. Respawn is too fast. Aggro is INSANE. We're all 2-3 levels above the recommendation. Our armor has been destroyed by the deaths. Not even worth it. I'm going to advise everyone skip it until they patch it. But I'm glad the rest of you have had such luck with it. You're my heroes. Really.

This isn't WoW where a tank tosses an aoe to grab aggro and the group facerolls to kill the mobs. This game requires cc, and it requires you to pay attention, not rely on a mod telling you to move out of the fire or pulling 5 groups at a time because healers have infinite mana.

Exactly, and this is a reason why I love this game. The heroics are an excellent idea and I totally enjoy doing them. If you play your class smart you can easily go without a tank and/or heals. The key is to use your interrupts, CC, and whatever else keeps you alive.

You say the rewards aren't worth it but the money and xp are good. Personally I prefer money/xp over rewards. Plus slaughtering elite Jedi is always fun; a reward unto itself.

I do agree that non-story area heroics have a fast respawn timer and I would like to see those adjusted a wee bit. Then again, they are optional so I have complete freedom to skip them if I want to.