Is Presence a trash stat?

LMYoda

It isn't found on any gear, so you have nothing to worry about.

Read the damn description of the stat before you post nonsense.

The main variance in presence will depend on how many datacrons you have gathered.

And food + stims.

The main variance in presence will depend on how many datacrons you have gathered.

There are presence stims. His post was not nonsense, yours however...

Anyways,

It increased the HP of companions but not much else I could see.

Edited by Gohlar

Many crafted items have +Presence.

presence directly affects the effectiveness of your companion in crafting/combat/missions.

Otherwise it has some minor affect on how NPCs deal with you

I'd like proof of two of the things you claim here -- presence affects missions? How? Success rate, crit rate?

And what specific NPC reaction have you seen modified by Presence?

I believe this post is misinformation. Presence does exactly what the tooltip says.

it's useless, just put epic gear on your companions and they work just fine, my tank has 17.5k hp and can easily tank lvl 50 heroic champion mobs which is all i need, dont care about presence which is easily gotten with crafted gear and augments.

The stat is utterly broken. It baffles me they didnt see this a year ago.

WHy make a stat less than 1% would use? Pointless, remove it.

Cant raid with companions, cant pvp, cant do FPs atm atleast.

Huh I pvp with my companion, and I do FP with my companion all the time.

• 3 years later...

Since this is the first link to come up when someone googles "SWTOR presence stat" I will leave this info here for anyone who is curious.

The Presence stat gives the following bonus per point of presence:

Companion Health:
+5

Companion Damage:
+0.2

Companion Healing:
+ 0.1

The boring math behind this can be found in the spoiler section:p

Presence stat before and after 22 point stim boost

As the image indicates, I took one (1) command stim that gave a 22 point boost to Presence.

My stats before the boost from 518 presence was as follows:

Companion Health: +2590

Companion Damage: +103.6

Companion Healing: + 72.5

My stats after taking the 22 point stim boost were as follows:

Companion Health: +2700

Companion Damage: +108

Companion Healing: + 75.6

meaning a change in each stat by the following:

Companion Health: +110

Companion Damage: +4.4

Companion Healing: + 3.1

giving a per-point difference from presence of the following:

Companion Health: +5

Companion Damage: +0.2

Companion Healing: + 0.1 (actually 0.1409090909090909)

So, if you have a human you get up to level 50, or if you "unlock" the humans for 500,000 credits, you will see a boost in your companion's effectiveness as follows:

Companion Health: +500

Companion Damage: +20

Companion Healing: + 14

Is that worth it for 500,000 credits? Well... I'll leave that up to you to decide, but remember that most of us spend around 50,000 creds for an augment to boost our power between 8-20.

Edited by KenjiIllumni
Avoiding a double-post & adding the stat bonus for unlocking humans as a species in legacy

I think there are presence augments, right? But I would never, under any circumstance, choose presence over my main stat.

The only desirable source of presence is from unlocking all the companion conversations. That's because it's "free" -- you don't have to sacrifice gear stats for it.

All the stats are going through a rework and revamp in 2 months anyhow. Regardless, presence is strictly for solo or duo pve play, non operation related. it has very limited usage, and a player should always prefer personal stats over presence. The only time actual presence gear would be worthwhile is during levelling, and only if using a tank companion...and even then, u dont want to be midding your armor, would take more creds and time than its worth. Maybe if u solo high end flashpoints, it may be negligably beneficial.

As previous poster mentioned, just stick with the natural versions, also u can unlock human, just by getting a human to level 50 and completing a mission....this is worthwhile, if u plan to expand your legacy and level many heroes.

Since this is the first link to come up when someone googles "SWTOR presence stat" I will leave this info here for anyone who is curious.

The Presence stat gives the following bonus per point of presence:

Companion Health:
+5

Companion Damage:
+0.2

Companion Healing:
+ 0.1

The boring math behind this can be found in the spoiler section:p

Presence stat before and after 22 point stim boost

As the image indicates, I took one (1) command stim that gave a 22 point boost to Presence.

My stats before the boost from 518 presence was as follows:

Companion Health: +2590

Companion Damage: +103.6

Companion Healing: + 72.5

My stats after taking the 22 point stim boost were as follows:

Companion Health: +2700

Companion Damage: +108

Companion Healing: + 75.6

meaning a change in each stat by the following:

Companion Health: +110

Companion Damage: +4.4

Companion Healing: + 3.1

giving a per-point difference from presence of the following:

Companion Health: +5

Companion Damage: +0.2

Companion Healing: + 0.1 (actually 0.1409090909090909)

So, if you have a human you get up to level 50, or if you "unlock" the humans for 500,000 credits, you will see a boost in your companion's effectiveness as follows:

Companion Health: +500

Companion Damage: +20

Companion Healing: + 14

Is that worth it for 500,000 credits? Well... I'll leave that up to you to decide, but remember that most of us spend around 50,000 creds for an augment to boost our power between 8-20.

Most of my characters have (with only completing companion stories and datacrons) around 1030-1080 presence. It's really only good for soloing in pve type environments. But the higher your presence the more effective your companions. My tanks are godly tanks, my healers heal their asses off, and my dps are just dayum. Otherwise, presence doesn't do ****. Presence=companions. Just remember that.

All the stats are going through a rework and revamp in 2 months anyhow. Regardless, presence is strictly for solo or duo pve play, non operation related. it has very limited usage, and a player should always prefer personal stats over presence. The only time actual presence gear would be worthwhile is during levelling, and only if using a tank companion...and even then, u dont want to be midding your armor, would take more creds and time than its worth. Maybe if u solo high end flashpoints, it may be negligably beneficial.

As previous poster mentioned, just stick with the natural versions, also u can unlock human, just by getting a human to level 50 and completing a mission....this is worthwhile, if u plan to expand your legacy and level many heroes.

Nobody said stats were going through a rework or revamp.

I would say it's never optimal to have Presence on your gear over another stat, and datacrons are utterly insignificant, so the Legacy system is the only worthwhile way. You can get a total of +500 Presence from it, which makes a companion extremely tough in early levels, but scales rather poorly at level 60 when your Endurance and main stat can be around 3000+.

I hope there'll be more Presence that can be added with the new companions in the expansion.

Edit: I see now there are some rumors about all the main stats all being lumped into one. Even if true, Endurance, Expertise and Presence would likely remain. If I lose my Presence bonus I'll quit the game.

Edited by RAVM

For me it's a time and place thing. Ofc it wont help your char in raids or pvp, but if you solo play or two man it is extremely useful...

I'm not sure exactly how many companions this works for but when you complete the companion story you get +10 presence to all chars. My base Presence on a lvl 60 char is now 999 and with all the datacrons this goes up to 1045, with stims/food and the THORN relics (with presence augments) this hits 1566, giving my companions +7830 health, +313 damage, +219 healing.

For solo fps, this is extremely nice, it gives a big boost to Qyzen, Nadia and HK - the comps I tend to use... and for example, in augmented Yavin 192 comp gear, Qyzen is tipping the scales at 63690 health, while Nadia and HK are fairly thunderous in their dps. When using my 198 dps gear, Nadia comes in at 60k health with really quite healthy damage numbers. It doesn't hugely affect my build, as even without the relics I'm there or thereabouts anyway and it is situational, it's a trade-off... also its quite fun to sit back and watch Nadia go to work.

It's not always black and white, on or off... you can vary it, even between spawns, select the right tools with the right set up for the job.

Edited by leehambly

the op's post is not nonsense, your post however is nonsense there are people who read a description and still don't get it and the forums just like the game is best place to ask someone something even if they should understand it and not everyone is the same to understanding something. If you don't have something to say to be helpful then don't say anything at all

Edited by loctys

Nobody said stats were going through a rework or revamp.

I would say it's never optimal to have Presence on your gear over another stat, and datacrons are utterly insignificant, so the Legacy system is the only worthwhile way. You can get a total of +500 Presence from it, which makes a companion extremely tough in early levels, but scales rather poorly at level 60 when your Endurance and main stat can be around 3000+.

I hope there'll be more Presence that can be added with the new companions in the expansion.

Edit: I see now there are some rumors about all the main stats all being lumped into one. Even if true, Endurance, Expertise and Presence would likely remain. If I lose my Presence bonus I'll quit the game.

Its not rumor. But pretty sure presence will not be affected.