Are we supposed to beat the boss or beat the bugs?

After running ops for the last few weeks the challenge appears to not be the bosses at all and rather the bugs. The challenge is to beat a boss despite the bugs or manage to keep your party intact after you reset the instance for the 4th time and re-clear trash in the hopes that the bugs will go away.

The boss doesn't wipe us - the bugs do.

What do you mean? I think you mean EV (pillars), right? That's the only really hard bug I've seen so far. The rest seems fine or almost fine. Clearing the trash a couple times isn't that hard, it's just 5 groups total. 2 minutes and you're there.

They should fix it though :(.

Regards,

Kalantris

I finished EV last night and did not get credit for the weekly, this after having to reset twice because of the pillars bug. VERY VERY annoying. Not only fighting bugs but then not getting credit for fighting with the bugs. Edited by Ruuprect

I finished EV last night and did not get credit for the weekly,

There is specific mention in the next set of patch notes that this bug is going to be fixed. It will be nice. I've finished Eternity vault each of the past three weeks without getting credit once yet.

What do you mean?

I mean the puzzle bugging out and not working halfway through, the floors on SOA bugging out and not falling in the correct pattern or falling too soon or even not appearing at all (entire sections of the floor vanish to never be seen again when the fight starts), bosses not dropping loot, stuck in combat for no reason, and the list goes on.

I'm used to with other games repeatedly trying to kill a boss as being stressful for a group and leading to people giving up. In SWTOR its the bugs that are doing it. The boss we know we can kill with ease - it's just a bug appears out of nowhere that causes a wipe then when we go back the bug is 1000% worse (another wipe) so we have to reset the instance and then we have to clear the trash again and hope that the same bug or a new bug doesn't pop up again during the next boss fight.

It's the bugs that is hurting moral within the groups. When we do finally clear a instance we cheer not that we downed the boss - we cheer that we managed to down that boss without it glitching out.

I mean the puzzle bugging out and not working halfway through, the floors on SOA bugging out and not falling in the correct pattern or falling too soon or even not appearing at all (entire sections of the floor vanish to never be seen again when the fight starts), bosses not dropping loot, stuck in combat for no reason, and the list goes on.

I'm used to with other games repeatedly trying to kill a boss as being stressful for a group and leading to people giving up. In SWTOR its the bugs that are doing it. The boss we know we can kill with ease - it's just a bug appears out of nowhere that causes a wipe then when we go back the bug is 1000% worse (another wipe) so we have to reset the instance and then we have to clear the trash again and hope that the same bug or a new bug doesn't pop up again during the next boss fight.

It's the bugs that is hurting moral within the groups. When we do finally clear a instance we cheer not that we downed the boss - we cheer that we managed to down that boss without it glitching out.

I fell through the floor and died yesterday because the floor just dissappeared under my feet. And no I did not take too much time and it crumbled away, it just dissappeared.

I mean the puzzle bugging out and not working halfway through,

Do it in the correct order. Make sure south always finishes their wheel first. That fixes it. The bug pissed me off too pretty hard.

the floors on SOA bugging out and not falling in the correct pattern or falling too soon or even not appearing at all

Never seen that happening. Not once.

bosses not dropping loot, stuck in combat for no reason, and the list goes on.

I've seen them drop too few items, duplicates (like 2 trooper helmets), but never "nothing". Some bosses in HM flashpoints don't drop loot except for the crystals, but I assume it's working as intended?

Regards,

Kalantris

Do it in the correct order. Make sure south always finishes their wheel first. That fixes it. The bug pissed me off too pretty hard.

Never seen that happening. Not once.

I've seen them drop too few items, duplicates (like 2 trooper helmets), but never "nothing". Some bosses in HM flashpoints don't drop loot except for the crystals, but I assume it's working as intended?

Regards,

Kalantris

Puzzle boss: Rather hard to click in the correct order when you can't click on them at all *before* you start the encounter.

SOA is a roulette each week. Whoever get stuck up in mind trap as he dies, may or may not be able to pick up their loot. Or sometimes, he drops no loot at all. Or like last night, despawned 2x at below 10%. The loot itemization is rather odd, it awarded a shield and defense rating weapon to a sentinel.

But yeah, the bosses aren't hard, the bugs make them hard =P We've had more wipes to bugs than actual fails I think at this point.

edit: Oh! a new one we found last night. If you have a non combat pet from your CE out during the fight-your-own-mob-boss (before soa), your mob will auto-invincible. We verified it a few times just to make sure. No clue why a non combat pet will affect them but there you go.

Edited by Barleigh

I love this game, but I agree that our guild has seen a ridiculous amount of bugs, particularly in EV, even more particularly on the Soa fight. The first week we downed him, he dropped no loot. The next week, it seemed like everything about the fight bugged at one point. Once, when the floor tiles dropped down, they didn't drop down correctly and half of the platform for Phase 2 was missing. There were various other things.. but most of our wipes are caused by bugs instead of the boss.

Nevertheless, I love the game and I'll be sticking it out until things get fixed. Hopefully that will be soon.

Nevertheless, I love the game and I'll be sticking it out until things get fixed. Hopefully that will be soon.

I feel the same way but it is just frustrating is all. I seriously think our group could clear all the ops in one evening instead of three if not for the bugs. They make a very good speed bump.