Where Do Yo Get Augment Schematics?

TunaF

Okay, I've been running Slicing missions for days, both lockbox and Slicing, and not gotten a single Schemtic for Augments. I've got a ton of Slicing mats, made a negligble profit from Lockbox missions, but not a single Schematic.

Is the drop rate really that low, or have I been doing something wrong?

I'm almost certain they drop any time you crit. If you're not critting, perhaps your companion affection is low.

Most Slicers are totally swimming in these schematics though so you should be able to snag them off the GTN for a pittance. In fact when I get them I usually just vendor them rather then sell them on the GTN because the prices are lower than what the vendor gives you.

Your crew skills trainer i thought had the green ones and from there you craft til you get up to purple,atleast i thought the trainers have them,if not check the GTN for the schematics.

This is false you are either thinking of armoring and mods for cybertech and enhancements for artifice or the augmentation KITS for armormech and synthweaving. Augments are crafted by armormechs, synthweavers, and armstech and the schematics are only obtained through crits on slicing missions.

I'm almost certain they drop any time you crit. If you're not critting, perhaps your companion affection is low.

Most Slicers are totally swimming in these schematics though so you should be able to snag them off the GTN for a pittance. In fact when I get them I usually just vendor them rather then sell them on the GTN because the prices are lower than what the vendor gives you.

This really depends on which level of augment you are looking for. If you are looking for the top end schematics (rank 22 for level 49) then yes most slicers are swimming in them and can be acquired for dirt on the GTM (I don't even bother trying to sell them on the GTM anymore, I just vendor them).. The lower level augment schematics are a different story. If you get them while you are leveling slicing congrats, if not, I would not farm for them; get what you can and deal with what you got.

Why are the lower level augments so hard to come by? I realize that some of this is driven by the fact that people are only at level 1-15 for a short period of time whereas they reach level 50 and stay there; which would tend to drive the prices of lower level augments higher by virtue of supply and demand. But I would think that people still need to grind slicing up and need to run missions in order to help drive that process.

I still think it's odd that I haven't got a single drop though. It's also my second character, and I've purchased all three "crit" legacy bonuses. To have had so many missions not crit at all seems to defy the laws of probability.

Why are the lower level augments so hard to come by? I realize that some of this is driven by the fact that people are only at level 1-15 for a short period of time whereas they reach level 50 and stay there; which would tend to drive the prices of lower level augments higher by virtue of supply and demand. But I would think that people still need to grind slicing up and need to run missions in order to help drive that process.

I still think it's odd that I haven't got a single drop though. It's also my second character, and I've purchased all three "crit" legacy bonuses. To have had so many missions not crit at all seems to defy the laws of probability.

I suspect it is a combination of a couple things. One, some slicers may not run missions for the first few levels, leveling slicing by the slicing nodes out in the wild on the starter planets as they level their toon. Also, you blow through those early levels pretty fast, few people get enough of the lower level schematics to bother selling after they give them to guild mates or send them to alts for crafting.

Where as with the highest levels, people run those missions much more frequently for the mats...and the 22's are, as previously mentioned, not worth much at all.

I'm not sure what the mechanism is. I make a bit of money selling low-level purple and blue augments (mostly shield and skill ones). My slicer's skill is not much over 120 and his affection with his sole companion (Vette) is minimal. I don't know why you're not having more luck. Perhaps the crit chance is greater when the level of the slicing mission is well below your skill level (i.e grey)? A lot of players won't bother paying for missions that don't net them a skill increase, so maybe the missions you are running are more difficult (relative to your skill) and maybe that diminishes the possibility of a crit.