Rakata weapons still useless in 1.1

Accuracy is probably going to be a gating mechanism (just like the good old hit) for future raid tiers.

So I would be wary of modifying the items to get rid of it.

propably not, considering Rakata is the "hardcore" gear that most casuals(majority of the playerbase can only dream to get). and its clear they are going to make raids accessible for everyone.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coulda sworn i saw them say it was getting fixed on next patch...... we had a patch.... no fix.... great.

pissing me off cuz im stuck with Tionese weapons since im getting no luck with columi or champion. but i have my rakatta. OH wait they suck lol. ah well hopefully soon......

Edited by Bosis

350 Replies, 40K views, 36 pages of complaints.

This thread has a lot of constructive, and legitimate complaints on this issue compared to a lot of the other QQ threads on these forums. And this is a major issue that has been overlooked since beta.

I am amazed that this much time has past without a patch to put the correct stats on the best PvE item in the entire game. Every day that passes, more and more operation groups loot the Unassembled Rakata Main/Offhand tokens.

Doing operations is about teamwork to achive common goals. The loot drops are the rewards from obtaining those goals. It is a major let down to see the best weapons that PvE has to offer still broken. Was a even bigger let down to see this broken after a recent patch.

This issue needs to be patched ASAP. Days, not weeks.

Get a grip people.

I have a rakata mainhand in my bags collecting dust just as you do. So what. Like I need it anyway. You want the cool looking color crystal? Take it out and put in another weapon so you can show everyone else how cool you look.

They'll fix it eventually, keep your pants on. Have you seen the FPS and lag issues? Ability delays and that monumental PVP disaster we have going on right now? You want to complain about some item that gives you +8 in "I'm awesome" stat? Christ...

I cancelled my account majorly because of this and the loot-chest bug in fp's or ops. While the second one is already fixed both of these give us a sneak peak at how they will handle endgame concerning bugs in the future (there are a lot more bugs of course, but both of these two have and will take more than a month to fix)

Get a grip people.

I have a rakata mainhand in my bags collecting dust just as you do. So what. Like I need it anyway. You want the cool looking color crystal? Take it out and put in another weapon so you can show everyone else how cool you look.

They'll fix it eventually, keep your pants on. Have you seen the FPS and lag issues? Ability delays and that monumental PVP disaster we have going on right now? You want to complain about some item that gives you +8 in "I'm awesome" stat? Christ...

I'm sorry but I think it IS a big deal. For dps our weapon majorly effects out output, so for people wanting progression in pve ops, it's wanted and in many cases needed.

lol its true it really doesnt matter much as the content is a joke at the moment anyways. My issues is i havent been lucky with columi or champion weapons either. so im sitting with tionese weps (with rakatta color crystals).

i just dont like having crappy weapons. and it would be great for pvp if i got my new ones.

signed

Impatiently waiting ***PAYING*** customer.

yes there is ability lag and many other bugs that require time. However this bug is just kinda welll.... pathetic. i mean this was noticed in beta which makes you wonder. have they left it this way on purpose??? did they know this gear was easily obtainable and didn't want to mess with the pvp since pvpers would have to wait some time before getting there rank 60 gear.

are they just waiting for more people to hit rank 60.

starting to look like it. i mean this is not some crazy bug that requires 7 computer engineers to fix. its probably a days work for one of there interns who are normaly out getting coffee.

to be honest im starting to wonder if this was done because of pvp....

to be honest im starting to wonder if this was done because of pvp....

That is the only reason. Straight PVP'ers will whine because they have to fight the RNG for a BM weapon for a couple weeks. Don't want dem PVE'ers in mah warzone with a better weapon!!

When everyone has BM weapons, then they will fix it.

My question is, why do you care anyways? You beat all the content in the game and now you are complaining you can't get better gear to keep running the same thing over and over again?

You beat the game. Quit and come back when they have more to offer. That is what I will be doing, so far the content is a complete joke progression wise. Raiding after less than a week as level 50? And finishing the raid on the first try? This is the easiest game ever made.

I understand your frustration, but who cares when the game is made for people with an IQ of less than 60, and have never played a video game in their entire lives.

Edited by Vidrak

My question is, why do you care anyways? You beat all the content in the game and now you are complaining you can't get better gear to keep running the same thing over and over again?

You beat the game. Quit and come back when they have more to offer. That is what I will be doing, so far the content is a complete joke progression wise. Raiding after less than a week as level 50? And finishing the raid on the first try? This is the easiest game ever made.

I understand your frustration, but who cares when the game is made for people with an IQ of less than 60, and have never played a video game in their entire lives.

Really, that's your argument?

crap and nothing more then a crap...already got my rakata weapon, but how suprisingly nothing happens..

its more and more obvious (from the comments especially) that this game is focused for casuals and slacking players. Its super cool, that BW repaired some of the useless companions, but who cares, when you play this becouse of end game pve (which is still terribly bugged, not working and so...) My friends already posted hundreds of tickets, only to recieve responds from some "protocol" bots

Are there any real ingame gamemasters ?

p.s. sorry for a bad english

For me this is turning out to be the straw that will break the proverbial camels back. If they dont fix **** like this I'll be returning to BF3 in wait for Diablo 3, which will surely snag many a players if they dont sort themselves out soon.

Hi,

This issue will be fixed in an upcoming patch. (Not 1.1.1)

Items already acquired by players will be upgraded automatically to the fixed versions when that happens.

Okay. Now that 1.1.1 has been released can we get an ETA? Every week that goes by is another few guildies with Rakata Weapons sitting in their bags collecting dust. Mine is just giving me a red/black saber atm and the hilt + mods are sitting in my bag.

So... when can this be done?

This is absolutely inexcusable! The Hardest tier of content should reward players accordingly, not give inferior gear to normal 50 Flashpoints.

I'd like to know how this ever made it passed the QA team and still made it to launch. If the purpose was to ostracize the most dedicated of players it worked completely as planned.

So either the Developers were blatantly incompetent or they intended these weapons to be inferior, as to gate content somehow. Either way. it is a slap in the face to those who put the effort in to receive these items.

The fact that the problem has be acknowledged but no actual timetable has been released for the fix is so FRUSTRATING that I can understand why many hardcore end-game raiders are retiring this game so early due to the bugs and LACK OF COMMUNICATION.

The excuse that "this only affects the minority of the player base" is ridiculous to me as the most vocal of the population is this "minority". Please! give us an update as to when this will be corrected.

This is absolutely inexcusable! The Hardest tier of content should reward players accordingly, not give inferior gear to normal 50 Flashpoints.

I'd like to know how this ever made it passed the QA team and still made it to launch. If the purpose was to ostracize the most dedicated of players it worked completely as planned.

So either the Developers were blatantly incompetent or they intended these weapons to be inferior, as to gate content somehow. Either way. it is a slap in the face to those who put the effort in to receive these items.

The fact that the problem has be acknowledged but no actual timetable has been released for the fix is so FRUSTRATING that I can understand why many hardcore end-game raiders are retiring this game so early due to the bugs and LACK OF COMMUNICATION.

The excuse that "this only affects the minority of the player base" is ridiculous to me as the most vocal of the population is this "minority". Please! give us an update as to when this will be corrected.

Well said...bro fist to you!

There are 2 posts on this issue. The other post is on page 1 of the "Pubic test realm" section. Both posts combined have over 60,000 views. That alone should be reason enough for a more detailed update with that yellow writing the BIOWARE staff likes to use.

As it stands, PvP weapons are best in slot for both PvP and PvE. Correct me if I'm wrong, but expertise is not a viable PvE stat.

I am a min/max player in any MMO. Having the most shought after PvE weapons broken, for every class, is indeed inexcusable.