Kicking from group...?

I get kicked from a group at the very end of a flashpoint (right before we're done for it to count as being done for the daily/weekly) for... saying one curse word? Seriously? And it was me complimenting somebody, too.

So the requirements to get kicked from a group = somebody feels like being a dick or is in a bad mood? That's cool.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I jump on the bandwagon for agreeing some things to consider.

1. You said for saying one curse word. Did you intentionally bypass the profanity filter? Had you use profanities before and they warned you? Did they say something to you when they kicked you?

2. Had you been needing on gear that you shouldn't have been?

3. Were you generally being a dumb***? e.g. jumping in in front of the tank, breaking CCs, ignoring instructions?

While it is entirely possible they kicked you for loot, it's also entirely possible they kicked you for other behaviour and the profanity was the final straw.

1. You said for saying one curse word. Did you intentionally bypass the profanity filter? Had you use profanities before and they warned you? Did they say something to you when they kicked you?

3. Were you generally being a dumb***? e.g. jumping in in front of the tank, breaking CCs, ignoring instructions?

While it is entirely possible they kicked you for loot, it's also entirely possible they kicked you for other behaviour and the profanity was the final straw.

Yes, if you're doing any of the above(and this is not an accusation), I would suggest that you straighten up and fly right(wow, is that saying old or what?) and understand that there is common courtesy and a general understanding of the "guidelines" as far as the Elder Game goes.

If they were willing to tolerate him the entire FP for that and kick him before loot then they are still guilty.

We have a guild on the Ebon Hawk who does that, they kicked my Merc friend for needing on a spec appropriate Aim piece, and they were the only aim user. It happens, try to remember their names and add them to ignore or something. Oh, and file a ticket...though I don't know what can be done.

Edit: If you want to know the guild, feel free to PM me, rather not start a forum war...

Edited by Hockaday

Solution Found:

Always queue up with a friend, so you don't have to worry about being kicked, ever.

A better solution, queue up late at night or even during the night, if your work/studies allow it.

Much more mature players online then, I rarely encounter any problems that are quite common during the day

Edited by Icestar

A better solution, queue up late at night or even during the night, if your work/studies allow it.

Much more mature players online then, I rarely encounter any problems that are quite common during the day

solution 3: add them to ignore.

life is to short to deal with stupid.

Solution Found:

Always queue up with a friend, so you don't have to worry about being kicked, ever.

Add an 'S' or this is incorrect. Only 2 votes are needed to kick a player even when someone votes 'don't kick' which is a pretty pathetic system tbh. I'm still pissed a Tank got kicked out of my group for 'suggesting' that they'd actually spec as what they queue for after enduring their horribly low DPS for the whole flashpoint because they were specced as Tank and Healer, just changed their Cell. No curse words, just friendly advice, boom, kick... And nothing I could do. Ofcourse it gives you the power the other way around.

-I did curse previously once, and nothing was said.

-I didn't do any weird combination of letters+symbols to bypass the language filters

-I got whispers from both of the other individuals who didn't initiate the kick apologizing for the tank being like that

-I was being a good healer. -__- I wasn't pulling for the tank, I wasn't attacking CC'd mobs, and I actually hadn't rolled on anything that dropped in that flashpoint.

Sooooo, ya. I don't know. I put the tank on ignore but that was still dumb. /annoyedforhours

EDIT: The kick system in this game seems pretty... awful. =/

EDIT2: I'm actually deployed atm so the times I get on are limited and the amount of time I have is even more limited which is why this was so frustrating. =P

Edited by Sirokai

-I did curse previously once, and nothing was said.

-I didn't do any weird combination of letters+symbols to bypass the language filters

-I got whispers from both of the other individuals who didn't initiate the kick apologizing for the tank being like that

-I was being a good healer. -__- I wasn't pulling for the tank, I wasn't attacking CC'd mobs, and I actually hadn't rolled on anything that dropped in that flashpoint.

Sooooo, ya. I don't know. I put the tank on ignore but that was still dumb. /annoyedforhours

EDIT: The kick system in this game seems pretty... awful. =/

if you got pms from both dpses , who voted for a kick?

The tank did the initial kick, and idk who did the second vote to kick (does there have to be one..?).

yeah, one needs to accept it, if both didn't want to kick you, they shouldn't click 'agreed'...

but hey, tools happen, keep it bright :)

you /ignore on the tank so don't worry, pool of tools is big, but amount of guys kicking for no reason isn't.

Another reason why I stick to guild runs, grouping with random people just isn't worth the time it takes to find a group 30mins+ as a dps and when the wait is over, then there is a 50-50 chance of either the tank or healer or both leaving for dying once, despite the reason for death as lag or an overconfident tank and healer or a newbie mistake, either way, they leave and if they don't leave they demand that a dps get kicked or they leave, no matter the cause of their death.

Either way, I prefer to group with people that are emotionally and mentally grown up, I play this game for fun and entertainment, not to experience a childish, emotional hissy fit.

Now you learnt the lesson, stick to guild runs. :-)

Vote to kick is abused so much in this game, I got kicked once for breaking cc on an easy mob!

That's the biggest of all possible offences, it takes you away from the normal kill order the dps have to do: Boss -> Champion- > Elite -> Strong -> Normal -> Weak

(If you even have to bother with the last two, the healer is doing a bad job, because he should have killed them by the time you killed the stronger mobs)

;):D

That's the biggest of all possible offences, it takes you away from the normal kill order the dps have to do: Boss -> Champion- > Elite -> Strong -> Normal -> Weak

(If you even have to bother with the last two, the healer is doing a bad job, because he should have killed them by the time you killed the stronger mobs)

;):D

Meh not quite so simple. I get into arguments with players who cc unmarked mobs (when I'm tanking) during the fight and expect me to know exactly what is cc'd even if I don't have a good view of it. If you are not marking your cc or at least calling it out in group chat then it's your fault if it's broken.

We have a guild on the Ebon Hawk who does that, they kicked my Merc friend for needing on a spec appropriate Aim piece, and they were the only aim user. It happens, try to remember their names and add them to ignore or something. Oh, and file a ticket...though I don't know what can be done.

Edit: If you want to know the guild, feel free to PM me, rather not start a forum war...

Im on the Same server and had a very similar incident with a particular guild

Also had some guys just talk so much trash that one guy quit and then kept up this whole l33t speak about how they can two man it and blah blah, I dropped and for like 10 mins got nasty messages in which I did not respond

A few scum bags out there but it's pretty rare still

• 2 weeks later...

Grumbles. Grumbles everywhere.

Yet again today we were almost done and the tank (guardian) had been needing on multiple pieces of aim gear that our healer needed (and said so many times in party chat). After another boss was killed and another piece of aim gear was needed on, I initiated a kick.

Well, it failed. The other dps stopped the kick because he just wanted to get it done. BUT the tank (the ninja) initiated a kick (because ... revenge kick?) and it was somehow immediately accepted (the dps and healer weren't given an option to vote against it..?) and I was removed from the group near the very end. Being deployed, I have minimal time that I can play during the week and then having it all be wasted when I try to do the daily/weekly is highly frustrating.

This vote to kick system is beyond aggravating and I don't get why it is set up the way it is. *SO* frustrating. And just 'ignoring' people isn't a long-term fix. The system shouldn't enable people to be awful. A vote to kick should initiate a vote to kick and you need x votes for it to go through, not "hey you're being kicked now unless people know how to say no'.