Help needed re: Revan/Darth Revan

Jimbodriver

Hi,

I was 7 when the first star wars film (episode IV) came out. My mum took me to see it and I can remember to this day feeling dumbstruck with awe right from the first scene. For a 7 year old in the 1970s it was just amazing.

I have enjoyed all the films (still think ESB episode V is the best) but up until now I've consciously steered clear of anything thats not "official", namely all the expanded universe stuff I keep hearing about.

This game has piqued my interest in the back story - in particular Revan's story. Based on recommendations I have started to read the Darth Bane books which I am enjoying very much and I'm hoping there is something similar about Revan.

Can someone point me in the direction of something that tells the Revan story in depth? I hear there is a book just out called "Revan" but I've heard that its not very good.

Many thanks in advance

Yeah, definitely play KOTOR 1 and I'll tell you why, but it's a spoiler so you may not want to look if you plan on playing it:

You play as Revan, but don't find out until halfway through the game who you are. The whole thing's pretty much about him.

Also, here's his Wookipedia page: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan

Edited by Toxen

Hello again

Many thanks for the replies. I read the wiki entry and it looks to be a very interesting story. I think I'll have a crack at playing Knights of the Old Republic when I can drag myself away from this game 8-)

Cheers

Jim