Bounty contracs week - Do you ever listen to our feedback on PTS?!

tman_ac

So...after all the QQ on these forums about the spawns, I finally got to run these missions last night. 3 toons, all completed the quests in under an hour...closer to 45min total...

Yeah, it really wasn't too bad. I got five contracts and took out a kingpin with my smuggler, although I did find it interesting that my smuggler had an easier time getting information than my sage did :p

no one wanted to talk to my jedi.

if you're lvl 55 don't go to hutta or coruscant. there's all the lowbies as well as 55's. your best bet is go to Voss. and for the character complainers... you do realize there's shady characters outside the cantinas/structures as well right??

I'm already max rep for the week with this event - half way almost through newcomer. :)

will now be saving the rep tokens and waiting for resets. it's not bad at all really. unless you've got 12 or more alts of course

Edited by Feztonio

if you're lvl 55 don't go to hutta or coruscant. there's all the lowbies as well as 55's. your best bet is go to Voss. and for the character complainers... you do realize there's shady characters outside the cantinas/structures as well right??

I'm already max rep for the week with this event - half way almost through newcomer. :)

will now be saving the rep tokens and waiting for resets. it's not bad at all really. unless you've got 12 or more alts of course

Yea.. Lowbie planets are a pain due to the volume of people. Other planets are just "DRIVE ALL OVER" issue. LOL Just as quick waiting on a lowbie planet and click before the other person. Look AROUND too as the respawn pretty quick.

I've done Hutta, Drommand Kaas, Ord Mantel, and Couresaunt at least once each and didn't have a problem with ANY of them. People are blowing the difficulty with this way out of the water.

I think the biggest problem with the event is that it wasn't made really clear to people that they could choose which planet to go to. So everyone and their mom accepted the first planet on the list, which is the lowest level planet, so the entire player base was sitting around at the same spot camping the same mobs at the start.

I haven't even seen more than one person near me doing the quests since I picked the less popular planets first.

Edited by chuixupu

I think the biggest problem with the event is that it wasn't made really clear to people that they could choose which planet to go to. So everyone and their mom accepted the first planet on the list,

INB4 someone blames Bioware for this and claims that Bioware should imbue them with logic, forthought, reading comprehension, and intelligence.....AND autopick the correct planet for them. :)

I think the biggest problem with the event is that it wasn't made really clear to people that they could choose which planet to go to. So everyone and their mom accepted the first planet on the list, which is the lowest level planet, so the entire player base was sitting around at the same spot camping the same mobs at the start.

I haven't even seen more than one person near me doing the quests since I picked the less popular planets first.

I accept full responsibility for my actions. The first time I hit the terminal, I assumed I would be able to grab all the missions and then move forward with one. Obviously, it didn't let me do that. I went to Hutta and soon after that abandoned my mission and went back to fleet to pick up the Voss mission.

Thankfully, the issue has been improved and I went to Hutta today and had practically no competition for the Shady dudes. I didn't even step into the cantina!

respawn rate has been increased? Am I reading it wrong or does this mean they won't respawn as fast (slow) as they already were?

hehe... if you think about it too much, it gets confusing but I believe it means they will regenerate faster.

Perhaps you should see it as "fire rate" in a weapon. If you increase fire rate, it will shoot bullets faster, the time between a bullet and the next one will be shorter.

I guess. I hope. :D

Edited by wainot-keel

Also, it would be very nice if the bosses became immune to damage at 10% for like 5 seconds to prevent other players killing your mark when you want to capture it.

It happened to me a few times today, guess it was my fault for going to low level planets first, but it was still pretty annoying.

I haven't seen anyone address this, so I'll touch in it a bit.

I, too, had this concern. But after I finally remembered I could capture them instead of killing them, I made it a point to put the capture item on my quickbar. While I was doing a bounty mission on DK with a lower level character, another level 55 player stopped to "help out" when he saw me summoning the mark. Fortunately I was high enough in level that he couldn't one shot my bounty, but it went down faster than I'd really expected so I simply waited for the carbonite icon to light up and hit it. Immediately after I clicked it, I started seeing immune pop up on the bounty whenever damage was done to it. It might have been patched after the event launch, but it seems that they've taken steps to greatly increase the odds of live capture.

TLDR;

When you hit the carbonite freeze item, the bounty becomes immune to damage.

I haven't seen anyone address this, so I'll touch in it a bit.

I, too, had this concern. But after I finally remembered I could capture them instead of killing them, I made it a point to put the capture item on my quickbar. While I was doing a bounty mission on DK with a lower level character, another level 55 player stopped to "help out" when he saw me summoning the mark. Fortunately I was high enough in level that he couldn't one shot my bounty, but it went down faster than I'd really expected so I simply waited for the carbonite icon to light up and hit it. Immediately after I clicked it, I started seeing immune pop up on the bounty whenever damage was done to it. It might have been patched after the event launch, but it seems that they've taken steps to greatly increase the odds of live capture.

TLDR;

When you hit the carbonite freeze item, the bounty becomes immune to damage.

I haven't played it since the patch, but I don't think this is change. I also like that the freeze icon doesn't have a cast time, otherwize it would be harder. So far I've only had one bounty die that I intended to capture (out of like 10) and that was cause me being to aggressive with my DPS near the end and getting a crit on a high dmg ability plus dots.

I am just curious, everyone who tested (including me) the Event on the PTS told you to place more shady customers on the planets and/or lower the cooldown on them to something like 5 seconds.

A 5 second re-spawn? That would be absolutely ridiculous. They might as well not even have them if they were going to do that.

Also, it would be very nice if the bosses became immune to damage at 10% for like 5 seconds to prevent other players killing your mark when you want to capture it.

The freeze happens pretty fast. It's pretty hard for someone to take out 10% health on one of these champ bosses in 1-2 seconds. If people are paying attention to the health of the bonus and acting promptly on the freeze, there's no way anyone should be able to prevent a freeze.

Get off of Hutta.

Problem solved.

Yeah I agree the first day Hutta was insane , just a long queue and people jumping the queue , it took us a long long time. The next missions we went to Nar Shadda and Voss , no problems there at all.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

• 8 months later...
Sorry I am relatively new to the game but managed to figure out how to talk to people but I gotta ask what way do we get information from the shady characters cos on Ord Mantell found all the shady characters but cant interact with any of them am I doing something wrong?

Sorry I am relatively new to the game but managed to figure out how to talk to people but I gotta ask what way do we get information from the shady characters cos on Ord Mantell found all the shady characters but cant interact with any of them am I doing something wrong?

necro aside.

Once you pick up the contract from the mission terminal on fleet, you'll go to the contact on the planet who will initiate the quest for talking to shady chars. Once you talked to enough of those you'll get a rendezvous into the cantina to talk to a contact. That contact will give you the quest for the bounty.

You can buy (or receive as rewards) interrogation probes (dark side) or friendly drinks (light side) to use on shady characters. Or there is a mission item you are given (and a shortcut icon in the mission tracker) that is a neutral version of the interrogation droid you can use on them. You need to use one of these three options on the Shady Character to get a response, either he/she will attack, give up the info, or tell you to go away.

Also, like any new content added to an MMO, there is a lot less competition for them now than there was when it was new. The reason why the devs didn't crank up the respawn rates as much as players wanted is because if they did, now a player would be able to gather all the data in about a minute just by standing in one spot while shadies lined up to be interrogated. As it is, I've noticed that a new SC will often spawn shortly after finishing off the last one in combat. They could probably turn down the respawn rate a bit.