An Idea for LR-5 Sentinel Droid

Since most healers ARE sages this probably encourages the idea that melee sucks for the fight. No, it's the wrong kind of healer for a mobile fight.

Sages do fine, unless you have one of those tanks who feels the need to move constantly for no reason. Otherwise it's pretty easy.

1. Move out of the bubble.

2. When the move is completed, Salvation.

3. Alt-tab and check your email.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why players fined the Flashpoint harder with melee in it. I have a Gunslinger and a Vanguard Tank.

Yes having range only makes the tanks job a bit easier. But a tank should easily be able to kite the Boss. If the Tank can't kite in this fight , then they are lacking a skill that is needed for tanking Endgame.

My fastest run through Lost Island HM was with a Sent DPS, Vanguard DPS (his first time), Scoundrel Healer, and me as Vanguard Tank. We did the fight in about 30-35 mins. One death only on the droid.

This fight is hard if you don't know the mechanics of it.

The only players I don't take in this FP is new 50's that don't have the gear yet for it.

This fight is hard because the RNG gods sometimes take a dump on you, whether you know the mechanics or not.

I don't care if you have all melee or all ranged, or whatever. The gods of fortune can just plain **** on you once in a while. It is easier to 4man most sm ops than it is to kill this boss. Every time I take some folks through it and he dies, it's a collective, 'Alright, we rolled 100. Time to party.'

Knowing the mechanics of it consists of not standing in bad, and yet there are time when it is impossible to not stand in bad. Awesome mechanics.

Sages do fine, unless you have one of those tanks who feels the need to move constantly for no reason. Otherwise it's pretty easy.

1. Move out of the bubble.

2. When the move is completed, Salvation.

3. Alt-tab and check your email.

4. Alt-tab back and repair.

How hard is it for the dps to stay BEHIND the boss as the tank takes him around the room....

When an orb drops, tank moves him a little forward. All you do differently from the ranged method is EVERYONE goes around the room. As long as the dps is behind the boss and your tank doesn't lose aggro, there will be no issues.

EC SM is getting a nerf be happy you guys got that much. As far as i am concerned nerfing EC sm was a big mistake....now when people go to do EC HM they are going to get their *** kicked cause key mechanics like the bubble being targetable on Z&T will be a whole new learning curve for you.

I enjoy LI HM and EC (sm/hm) because i feel like there is actually a challenge, im not mindlessly running through it. Now that EC sm is getting nerfed all i have is LI HM and EC HM. Please, just please let me have some content that takes actual skill to do.

I'm sure i'm not the only one who feels this way too.

I enjoy the instance, too. But it's less about skill than RNG with this boss. Even our strong players wipe to this boss once in a while when the RNG gods just let loose a steady stream of Hershey squirts on them. The grand irony is that half the groups I take through think they're amazing for one-shotting it when they've actually played much more poorly than the group I took before who played very well and still got gibbed twice.

Rolling snake eyes doesn't require 'skill'.

I enjoy the instance, too. But it's less about skill than RNG with this boss. Even our strong players wipe to this boss once in a while when the RNG gods just let loose a steady stream of Hershey squirts on them. The grand irony is that half the groups I take through think they're amazing for one-shotting it when they've actually played much more poorly than the group I took before who played very well and still got gibbed twice.

Rolling snake eyes doesn't require 'skill'.

Pure nonsense. I run this several times a week with my guild across different characters and we don't wipe, nor would we blame our failure on RNG if we did. It's one thing if you die to an outright glitch or a massive lag spike, but there's no inherent RNG in his mechanics that can't be allowed for by strategy.

This fight is hard because the RNG gods sometimes take a dump on you, whether you know the mechanics or not.

I don't care if you have all melee or all ranged, or whatever. The gods of fortune can just plain **** on you once in a while. It is easier to 4man most sm ops than it is to kill this boss. Every time I take some folks through it and he dies, it's a collective, 'Alright, we rolled 100. Time to party.'

Knowing the mechanics of it consists of not standing in bad, and yet there are time when it is impossible to not stand in bad. Awesome mechanics.

I run this HMFP at least once a week for the weekly on three different alts, and we one shot LR-5 every time unless we're taking new guildies through, in which case it sometimes takes 2 tries.

Heck, just last week I healed it with 2 new guildies (guardian dps and shadow dps) who had never run it before. We one shot every boss, including LR-5.

RNG isn't the problem. You're not catching incinerate, dropping bubbles on the tank or some other basic mechanic failure.

The fastest LI mission I ever did was with a pure melee group...they were good though. Melee is actually benefical against the droid because they can help with incinerate interrupts..which is the most important thing to do against him. A lot depends on your tank...and how quick he is to spot bubbles and move the droid. If the bubbles are tearing up your melee dps it becomes very frustrating for the healer.

The best group I've ever healed LI with had a tanksassin and 2 Carnage Mara's.

The Tanksassin was a breeze to heal and the Mara's pumped out +2.1 k dps. We cleared the entire flashpoint in under 25 minutes, slightly faster than some BT runs I've been on.

So whoever says that melee is bad for LI doesn't know the mechanics of HM LI as well as they think.

Edited by AshlaBoga

The best group I've ever healed LI with had a tanksassin and 2 Carnage Mara's.

The Tanksassin was a breeze to heal and the Mara's pumped out +2.1 k dps. We cleared the entire flashpoint in under 25 minutes, slightly faster than some BT runs I've been on.

So whoever says that melee is bad for LI doesn't know the mechanics of HM LI as well as they think.

Melee is not particularly bad, it is more tank - healing intensive with melee that is all it is. Very often with good tank - healer and good melee dps the first boss can be downed faster than an all ranged except tank group.

So it is not bad, it just demands more skill and is more intense.

I run LI hm like on a daily schedule and often several times a day, since theres a lot of unskilled tanks that wont take melee DPS, so I feel I have to show them how pathetic they are. ^^ And from all that experience I can safely say that RNG has nothing to do with it. There are only 2 primary factors 1) knowing game mechanics 2) proper group. With proper group I mean not gear but everyone exactly knowing what do, especially the heal and tank. Its true you just cant beat it sometimes with some groups, but thats due to the individuals in that group lacking the necessary skill. Ive beat this instance easily with ppl that never done it before, with average gear, simply because they actually got brains and some skill. Most of the time if you disrupt incinerate and stay out of plasma fields its cakewalk.

And seriously I would support a movement of having tank roasters on fleet and label all those tank "big-time cowards" that only take ranged DPS to this instance.

4. Alt-tab back and repair.

Hahaha Good one! :-D