March 27th Maintenance

CeruleanNite

WHen will we get maintenance feature that WoW has. This is basic feature of all MMO and bioware broke it

You mean weekly downtime at the same time every week, which causes a tonne of QQ from the night shifters and basement dwellers?

You mean that maintenance?

When are people going to understand that servers require restarts and maintenance for things like running updates, defragging, clean ups, cache clearing and other bits of tinkering so they DONT go down during key moments in your gameplay.

If you can design a server that never needs to be taken offline and can do all this stuff without interruption, and without degradation of service, you are going to be a very rich man or woman, as every mmo company in the world is going to want a piece of your tech, because right now, it doesn't exist.

You mean weekly downtime at the same time every week, which causes a tonne of QQ from the night shifters and basement dwellers?

When are people going to understand that servers require restarts and maintenance for things like running updates, defragging, clean ups, cache clearing and other bits of tinkering so they DONT go down during key moments in your gameplay.

If you can design a server that never needs to be taken offline and can do all this stuff without interruption, and without degradation of service, you are going to be a very rich man or woman, as every mmo company in the world is going to want a piece of your tech, because right now, it doesn't exist.

He's trying to be ironic (and failing). :)

He's whining about the lack of whining about it basically.

There's no reason server maintance time cannot be split, other than it's more hassle for Bioware (and less hassle for constumers) though.

ah, yet another ignorant...

on another note: GJ BW! +1

Edited by Urdnaxela

What's really funny/sad is that they present it as something amazing. In every other game lack of maintenance is ordinary and they only announce when there is one.

What's funny is they get this post, when they did not in fact do more than make a simple announcement that there was no downtime.

Every MMO I have played has had daily or weekly downtime, so frankly, I do find it unusual that a company would be able to not require any.

Edited by BaalsMistress

What's funny is they get this post, when they did not in fact do more than make a simple announcement that there was no downtime.

Every MMO I have played has had daily or weekly downtime, so frankly, I do find it unusual that a company would be able to not require any.

LOL, maybe they postponed the maintenance... :))

but nevertheless GJ BW! (I doubt they postponed it...)

This..

From the posts I have seen there is maintenance going on just without the downtime. Some niggles from a few servers but going well. I wonder if this is what the hot fix to increase server stability was about.

No reason for downtime for regular maintenance other than performance concerns of the server with the right architecture.

One of the things about the hero engine I believe was that it could do things like this.

This makes me mad. How dare BioWare take away maintenance. I use that time to sleep! How can I possibly sleep knowing that there is game to be played?

RRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGE!!!

Lol. Damned if they do damned if they don't.

Edited by Pathlight-

It could mean that 1.2 is near, so they are going to be pulling the servers down for that any ways. *shrug* doesn't hurt to wish.

One of the things I always noticed in FFXI was that the week before a patch went live, they didn't pull servers down for maintenance.

Gentlemen, START YOUR RUMOR MILLS!

One of the things I always noticed in FFXI was that the week before a patch went live, they didn't pull servers down for maintenance.

Gentlemen, START YOUR RUMOR MILLS!

one thing I always did notice with FFXI was after a maint we had 3-4 weeks of emergency maints to fix whatever the maint broke :p