Overpowered By Far: The Issue Of HK-47

Hello everyone! i just wanted to bring up an issue ive notice in the flahpoint "the foundry". The second boss, HK-47, is obtusly overpowered. I was in a group of three forties, including myself, and aa fourty-two healer. HK should have been easy! He was four levels smaller than our weakest member, and we attempted, without ANY succsess. Please Bioware, i love this game, but this is not giving me optimism for future flashpoints. I mean seriously, a 36 was beating 4 40s butts to next week! Please fix this, and to everyone reading, Good Hunting!

So, can you explain the details further? what's killing you? snipe? droids? unable to damage the boss? I haven't done story mode foundry in probably 9 months, so I don't really remember the details of this fight on that mode. The largest damage he does is with his snipe ability, but this only gets truly problematic if you fail to break all of the panels in time when the central console comes down and surrounds him. He'll then go into "assassination mode" or something and repeatedly snipe the party for uber damage. If you get all the panels, the central pillar goes back up and it's business as usual. Make sure your tank picks up the adds when they spawn as they really do a substantial amount of dmg to dps and healers making healing difficult in this encounter.

He's not overpowered, trust me.

The thing is that most of the mobs in this game are UNDERpowered so it makes the mobs that are tuned appropriately seem more of a challenge. Currently there is no truly challenging PvE content in this game. HM Terror on the PTS seems pretty tough, but only in 16 man :(, hopefully they retune it for those of us who prefer 8 mans (why should the 16 mans have all the fun:confused:).

If you think HK-47 in Story Mode is too tough then you're going to find the endgame to be a very rough ride indeed my friend.

I suspect that some people in your group were not reacting appropriately to the mechanics.

A) Don't stand under the pillar when it comes down

B) Have the tank taunt the adds while the dps hit the blue switches to make the pillar go up

C) sometimes HK-47 will BUG, the bug is that the pillar switches will not display, in which case leave the area so that the fight resets (switches should displays as the standard light blue that most interactive objects have)

D) Make sure you characters are geared - 40s in level 30 gear are really 4 level 35s

Hk-47 isn't really that tough himself. it's the fact that you are constantly dealing with adds and it's a FP thats heavy on heals. Your Healer and Tank really need to be on point when dealing with HK and his constant flow of adds.

Also

I've noticed that when HK goes to the center of the platform rendering himself invincible people tend to just stand there and stare at him instead of getting to the 2 corners where the adds appear so you can get the drop on them. This drive me crazy.:rolleyes: It's like, what are you doing taking a freaking photograph of the guy, get to the F-ing corners and get ready for the adds!!!

I thought this was going to be about the numerous amount of bugs that he has if you DPS too fast. With all of your group 4 levels higher, that may have been the problem. Did you suffer from:

- continously spawning adds instead of spawning on emotes?

- non-clickable plates, causing him to receive his buff and the central column to not raise so he could be damaged?

- him getting his buff and sniping for 75% of the fight even though the plates were clicked and the column raised back up?

There was one or two more, but I have forgotten now.

I did "The Foundry" for the first time earlier this evening at lvl 41. My other grp members were a few lvls under me. The HK-47 was a tough fight but we killed him our first try. I give kudos to our tank and healer who did a great job. The main “trick” is to make sure you have a plan for the ADDs (in my case, my mara had a droid CC so one of my roles was to immediately CC the droid to the left of the entrance while the rest of the grp converged on the second). The other thing is when that pillar comes down, have all grp members spread out and cover one of the corners so that you can quickly get the pillar to go back up.

Other than that, just make sure you know your role and that you are playing your role correctly.

Never bugged for me, and it's not OP. There are tougher fights than this.

sometimes people don't notice bug if tank is good. ie. when he starts doing very very long cast shot that will one shot one person and person 5 meter next to it, tank taunts, and runs back. dps and healer won't even notice.

HK isn't op, I've beaten him in a group that was temporarily missing one of our dps. The only times I've wiped at HK were when it bugged and the cylinder came down on top of the tank (me) and one night when we had an under levelled healer who was struggling to keep up.

Read / watch a guide and learn his mechanics, then it's easy.

This is literally one of the hardest fights in Story and HM with over geared people. All other fights go extremely smooth but this one seems to hit a lot harder than FE, Kaon and Battle or Ilum. Seems a little weird. It is not saying that I can't get past it it just seems to be harder than the others. Lots of times it does tend to bug on both Hard and Story. So yeah I can relate to the OP.

I guess u can say this is one of the more unforgiving fights if you do something wrong.

This is literally one of the hardest fights in Story and HM with over geared people. All other fights go extremely smooth but this one seems to hit a lot harder than FE, Kaon and Battle or Ilum. Seems a little weird. It is not saying that I can't get past it it just seems to be harder than the others. Lots of times it does tend to bug on both Hard and Story. So yeah I can relate to the OP.

I guess u can say this is one of the more unforgiving fights if you do something wrong.

You are doing something worng. HM is a bit harder due to additional mechanics, but if you know how to counter it's not something people can't manage. I healed this countless times, did it recently too on HM (having 4 BM pieces and 1 columi), never had a problem once so far beating it. No one was overgeared. Normal mode FPs OP? For new players possibly, for someone who knows the mechanics it's walk in the park. All of them. There are guides out there you know, go read them, know what and when to do instead of complaining on the forums about something that is not justified.

Edited by POPsi

You are doing something worng. HM is a bit harder due to additional mechanics, but if you know how to counter it's not something people can't manage. I healed this countless times, did it recently too on HM (having 4 BM pieces and 1 columi), never had a problem once so far beating it. No one was overgeared. Normal mode FPs OP? For new players possibly, for someone who knows the mechanics it's walk in the park. All of them. There are guides out there you know, go read them, know what and when to do instead of complaining on the forums about something that is not justified.

Trust me I know the fight never really checked the peoples gear around me but Malgus seems easier at times. If I know my party this is a breeze but certain pugs seem to have a much more challenging time. I am not screaming nerf in any way.

I thought this was going to be about the numerous amount of bugs that he has if you DPS too fast. With all of your group 4 levels higher, that may have been the problem. Did you suffer from:

- continously spawning adds instead of spawning on emotes?

- non-clickable plates, causing him to receive his buff and the central column to not raise so he could be damaged?

- him getting his buff and sniping for 75% of the fight even though the plates were clicked and the column raised back up?

There was one or two more, but I have forgotten now.

Getting stuck in the middle (and then crushed) was another one. Sometimes, if you're meleeing HK-47 in the middle, and he's about to do his shield call down (a red circle appears around him) the game bugs and you can't run away, like there's an invisible wall. This is definitely the buggiest fight in the game that I've encountered!

Still, I find HK himself not that tough. Most wipes IME seem to happen because the additional droids ambush the rest of the party (especially the healer). Basically it's this:

- The tank has to keep HK's aggro, but not necessarily always attack him. Instead, the tank should also tank the new droids.

- Kill the adds first. When they're about to appear, get ready to monster them as soon as they step out of their niche. Even better, if you have an unlimited droid CC (like on a Sentinel), have a plan. Say "we'll CC the left one, so everybody focus on the right one first".

- Whenever the shield is about to come down, quickly position yourself at the four corners of the shield to immediately bring it back up.

It's important to note that there are bugs in that HK-47 fight. If all 4 DPS click the clickable buttons at the same time as soon as they appear, it's possible to bug the encounter causing him to do massive damage. Have no more than 2 people working those clickable buttons and you'll find it's impossible to do it too fast. Either that, or tell everyone to count off 3 seconds before clicking.

If you are not killing the droid adds, HK-47 will also do massive damage. This is actually an intentional mechanic. The "clicking too fast" causing this ability is a bug.

I wrote out a guide as to help you with your problem, but because of it's size I placed it inside

tags.

Lrn2play

I wrote out a 2 part guide for you

Part 1

1. Learn to read. DPSing too quickly will bug the encounter, clicking the clickables too quickly will bug the encounter.

Part 2

Learn to think before you communicate. Or as an alternative strat: Learn how to speak to your fellow players the way an adult would. Either one of those strats would have kept you off my forum ignore list. :rak_04:

I wrote out a 2 part guide for you

Part 1

1. Learn to read. DPSing too quickly will bug the encounter, clicking the clickables too quickly will bug the encounter.

Part 2

Learn to think before you communicate. Or as an alternative strat: Learn how to speak to your fellow players the way an adult would. Either one of those strats would have kept you off my forum ignore list. :rak_04:

You wound me.

HK-47 is not that difficult. Here are things to remember.

1) No one should be standing in the middle when the center piece comes down - Instant Death

2) Tank should taunt the adds when the come out so that healer can focus on the tank alone.

3) Something I see a lot is when the adds come out the DPS does not kill them. They are the first priority in the fight is to kill them. Tank taunts then is back on HK-47

4) When the 4 panels show up from the center coming down, destroy them so you can start attacking HK. Do this immediately.

5) try to position the adds together for AOE damage if you group has the proper abilities and know-how.

Do these things and its going to work out. I tanked this on my Sin when I was like 37.