Saving for 1.6

Sirokai

After being gone for roughly ten months and being in (relatively) pathetic gear, I'm currently saving up all the comms I can in order to prep for 1.6 which leads me to two questions:

a) Any educated guesses on when 1.6 is coming out so I know how long I have to farm comms?

b) What would be the best set-up for the comms I save? capped wz & rated comms where i spend all wz comms, convert rated to wz comms and spend those? or should I cap wz & rated comms and spend only the wz comms on gear and save rated comms?

Keep in mind that since I've been gone for so long, my gear is.. the terrible of the terrible. Again, any advice/opinions would be appreciated and thanks in advance!

Buy gear like the actual armor gear, with the EWH stuff you can easily hit the peak for expertise you should have with any class. Find the stuff needed for your class datacron, even if you just have to go specifically to planets for the shards needed. If you can get BH implants and an earpiece. Also if you have enough dailies get one of the hazmat relics. Other than that just go cheapest to most expensive.

As far as comms go you shouldn't be buying ANYTHING right now unless you havethe stuff to buy the EWH weapons.

Edited by United_Strafes

1.6 will still take at least 4 weeks to get here at best...and i doubt they release it before xmas..

full BM=3/4 days

full WH 1,5/2 weeks

cap rwz 2/3 days...1 day if ou go ahrd on rwz

cap wzs/couple hours

you still ahve plenty of time to get full bm..full wh..and still cap coms

unles syou want to play an alt i would keep getting gear

Buy gear like the actual armor gear, with the EWH stuff you can easily hit the peak for expertise you should have with any class. Find the stuff needed for your class datacron, even if you just have to go specifically to planets for the shards needed. If you can get BH implants and an earpiece. Also if you have enough dailies get one of the hazmat relics. Other than that just go cheapest to most expensive.

As far as comms go you shouldn't be buying ANYTHING right now unless you havethe stuff to buy the EWH weapons.

Well, since I have just about no comms outside of wz comms, it looks like I have a long way to go. I'm going to have go google where to get the BH implants/earpiece and hazmat relics (they weren't here the last time I played). Now my question: I've heard a lot of people talk about the 'class datacron'. Have there been updates to datacrons since the game's launch? The stats on the one I got back then (for my sith sorc) -- 56 end, 66 will, 27 crit. Are there datacrons now with better stats?

1.6 will still take at least 4 weeks to get here at best...and i doubt they release it before xmas..

full BM=3/4 days

full WH 1,5/2 weeks

cap wzs/couple hours

What this guy said. Grinding points from zip to cap is done in a matter of a few hours.

full BM=3/4 days

full WH 1,5/2 weeks

cap wzs/couple hours

I didn't think it would be that fast, alright. Thanks for the info. So 2 weeks to get full WH.. ... then why do people complain about the gear gap if its so easy to fix? >___>

It's about 42k commendations from recruit -> basic warhero. Surely if you play 8 hours a day and average 120 commendations per mission and complete 1 mission every 20 minutes it'll take you only 15 days np. Then its only another 10 days till it's min/maxed. Edited by Blasphemerr