So, I have a solution to propose to the devs for those who missed sub/event rewards

ZionHalcyon

I see the initial breakdown like this:

Outsider (2 months total time invested): Subscriber Reward Pets

Newcomer (4 months total time invested): Subscriber Reward Crystals

Friend (6 months total time invested): Subscriber Rewards Weapons and Armor

Hero (8 months total time invested): Subscriber Rewards Vehicles

Champion (10 months total time invested): Subscriber Rewards Companions

Legend (12 months total time invested): HK Bonus Chapter

Thoughts?

This seems reasonable. These rewards were "free" when they were launched (along with subscription). With this sort of system, it makes the rewards still free with a subscription, but adds a sort of senior-subscriber element to it.

And you know this how? Insider? Theory? Hypothesis?

Because the devs have secret player accounts, ofc.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wholeheartedly support this, if only to spite the whole "I worked to earn xyz and you just can't have it" crowd.

Disclaimer: I have about zero interest in any of the past sub rewards. If BW can find a way to entice people to subscribe and thus de-emphasize the cash shop as their primary source of income for the game, that's a plus.

Edited by Unperson

Facts of life that just require being revisited and assessed by the current regime, which appears has already been done.

So in other words, you have no idea. Until something has been announced, you're guessing.

Facts of life that just require being revisited and assessed by the current regime, which appears has already been done.

Green obtuse black bisector effects White shift to linguistics which have evolved into a yellow concave white vertex.

:rak_03:

This seems reasonable. These rewards were "free" when they were launched (along with subscription). With this sort of system, it makes the rewards still free with a subscription, but adds a sort of senior-subscriber element to it.

Because the devs have secret player accounts, ofc.

Exactly. And the original owners of these sub rewards still are able to get them for "free" via the in-game mail, which is how these rewards were delivered. Thus, the "I have it and you can't" people still have something over everyone else, as they then don't have to pay credits for their items.

It wasn't an argument over prices. If that's what you got from that then you misread it. It was a point of disagreement over the delivery mechanism, and it's frequency.

The frequency with SWG was you got a vet reward every 3 months, which is not much more than what you suggested (which was every 2 months) but each three month period you were able to chose something in any of the categories you were eligible for. The frequency was not that much of a difference between your 2 months and SWG 3 months and every 3 months you were eligible for a new record, same principle you suggested except it was every 2 months so don't see the problem with the frequency.

EX: I would qualify for a 9 month reward so I can choose something from the 9 month section, 6 month or 3 month section. It would be my choice on which reward I chose.

(https://www.swgemu.com/archive/scrapbookv51/data/20071216102256/)

Edited by casirabit

The frequency with SWG was you got a vet reward every 3 months, which is not much more than what you suggested (which was every 2 months) but each three month period you were able to chose something in any of the categories you were eligible for. The frequency was not that much of a difference between your 2 months and SWG 3 months and every 3 months you were eligible for a new record, same principle you suggested except it was every 2 months so don't see the problem with the frequency.

EX: I would qualify for a 9 month reward so I can choose something from the 9 month section, 6 month or 3 month section. It would be my choice on which reward I chose.

(https://www.swgemu.com/archive/scrapbookv51/data/20071216102256/)

The difference here is in SWG, you got 1 reward every 3 months. With my solution, once you hit the right reputation level, you could get as many of that reward as you wanted from the vendor, so long as you had the credits and met the reputation requirement, vs only getting one and then having to wait another 3 months.