Founder back after health issue. Need your guidence: class strength, endgame, 3.0+

Letsjet

I have emphasized the important areas for your convience, if you'd like to skim or are in a hurry, those are the main points without the reasoning behing them.

I have been playing since beta. IRL shut me down for three months.

If you are doing HMFP's and full complement raiding, I need you to please reply on which of my 20+ characters to focus on first with all the changes (I don't even know what these extra abilities are all about, lol.)

Please take just 3 mins of your time to read an respond. I will probably invest months on suggestions from this post.

If you could, scan this post and educate me on what the state of the state is. Thank-you.

I have plaved since beta but been gone since around Nov 1 with back surgeries (4) and the holidays (even 4 birthday parties I had to throw and 5 cases of flu (me once) in our house. Soooo coming back! yea!

Have all 16 classes at lvl 50+. Sniper, Gunner, Jugg, Merc, Assassin, Sorc are all lvl 55 AND 180+ geared each. They will level the easiest. but thats no big deal.

PvE 85%: I basically love dps'er/healer the best (Favorite 1. dps (but long FP waits) / 2. dps-healer for spot heals and self preservation while learning - same wait), and finaly 3. heals to start endgame (not as liked, but will do to get FP pops.)

After I learn the HMFP or SMOP where I can just play on fast-twitch, I like to start having a op class dps/off tank to get ready to lead.

Then, I end up leading as a MT or MT/off-tank through progression until I'm with a tight NiM group

(Changed to EU server because I need to day raid.) That way I can raid when I want, be successful, condense my in game time, ]and get ready for the next expansion where I can hit it hard instead of being so far behind.

Favorite classes (in no order) are Merc, Inq, Jugg, Assassin, Sniper, Gunner, PT. Those are 55 with 180+ in almost every slot. Assassin Tank was great, but difficult to play NiM last expac.

What class, at the min, has the best dps specs, healing specs, any viable dps/spot healing specs.

What class has the best dps?

What class has the best MT and respec on the fly to DPS?

PVP: What class would you chose (15%)

I wouldn't throw-up at a stealth class like Assassin or OP/Scoundrel or really any class as long as they have the goods and a non hyper-complex rotation.

Thank-you for your hard work, your time, and for giving a hell about my request. I appreciate it.

All 3 healers are end game PVE viable, Really up to you which you prefer. Curently merc is best single target, with good AoE, reasonable mobility. Sorc is best mobility, good single target, reasonable AoE. Op is best HoT/AoE class, good mobility, reasonable single target. In terms of dps in healspec, Merc=Sorc >> Op.

Merc in the IO spec is currently the highest parsing spec for DPS, but there are number of great specs to play for DPS, all bring something to the table and come produce the needed numbers if handled right. Assassin Madness spec, Sorc Lightning spec, one the PT DPS specs for example are all pulling good numbers. Basically every class will have a spec that is "competitive".

All 3 tanks are well balanced and there is not much between them, they just achieve the result a slightly different way. Only issue is Jugg tank DPS is low, but getting buffed next patch. All 3 have a good DPS option, so it is really up to you if you want to play a CD monster (Jugg), a sheild monster (PT) or a steathly monster (Sin).

Can't really comment on PVP.

Edited by Oxidsed

What class, at the min, has the best dps specs, healing specs, any viable dps/spot healing specs?

Any class that is capable of healing is currently viable. I'd take a look at the DPS tree's for each healing class if I were you, and pick the healing class that has the best looking DPS tree that fits your personal playstyle.

What class has the best dps?

Well, its "supposed" to be Watchman Sentinel's... but due to current balance many classes are putting out more DPS than them. The way they said they "try" to balance is so that: Melee Sustained does more damage than Melee Burst, Melee Burst does the same damage as Ranged Sustained, and Ranged Burst does less damage than Ranged Sustained.

What class has the best MT and respec on the fly to DPS?

All tanks were relatively balanced since 2.5+, but with the current Discipline system we haven't seen any new information regarding current tank balance in 3.0. KeyboardNinja does most of the tank theorycrafting around these parts so I would keep my eye out for a post from him regarding tank balance in 3.0+.

I can tell you from personal experience, as someone who has mained a Guardian tank since pre-launch and also plays every other tank class (every class for that matter) regularly in all endgame content, that they all feel fairly great. For respeccing to DPS on the fly, you'd probably want to go for Shadow/Assassin just because Serenity/Hatred is currently over the top right now. Vanguard/Powertech DPS is also over the top with Tactic's/Advanced Prototype's shoulder cannon burst. They are wrecking things left and right lol. Guardian/Juggernaut DPS is a fun and sturdy dps class that puts out good damage but they aren't currently the "highest."

PVP: What class would you chose (15%)[/size]

I would choose Guardian, just because its the play style that I prefer and it fits the theme of Jedi I would be if Star Wars was real lol. I don't pick a class just because they become FOTM. I pick a class that appeals to me and my personality and I choose that as my main. After I master my main, I play all other classes as alts and though I attempt to be just as good on them as I am on my main, I still know that my priorities lie with my main class.

If you enjoy FOTM, pick Serenity/Hatred or Tactics/Advanced Prototype.

Can't really comment on PVP.

Seems as if you have a sort of... Hatred... for PvP. lol (pun intended)

Edited by KnightTyler