Official Q&A Thread for February 24th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

Hello and welcome to the official Q&A thread for questions to be answered for the February 24th, 2012 Q&A blog post.

As a reminder, we’ll be starting up a weekly Q&A blog series in which we will select ten questions from the community and post answers to them every Friday. We’ll have the next set of answers next week on February 24th, 2012, but before that, we need your questions!

Please use this thread to ask your question (one per community member, so make it count!). On Tuesday at 2PM CST (8PM GMT), we will close this thread, select ten questions, and get answers to them for Friday’s blog post.

In order to increase the chances of having your specific question answered and to help us keep the thread manageable, here are some guidelines on asking questions:

1. Keep your question relatively short. Background details are welcome, but don’t go overboard.
  2. Please actually ask a question. We want to hear constructive feedback elsewhere in the Forums.
  3. Use common sense – we cannot answer everything, especially on far-reaching content.
  4. This should go without saying, but be respectful.
  5. Limit yourself to one question in this thread, please. You can always ask another question next week!
  6. And finally, as a reminder, this is not a discussion thread. Do not comment about what somebody else has posted.

Any other posts apart from questions in the thread will be removed. With that being said, please ask away!

Edited by JovethGonzalez

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it known that many BH cannot complete their class quest? The end of act 3 is bugged. Some of us have been 50 since the first or second week of the game and are still waiting to complete the quest.

I never received the quest to go from Corellia to The Founder, where I must defeat the Chancellor. My loading screens always say "Act 3 - defeat the Chancellor" etc

Edited by Paralassa
feedback

One thing that is great is the ability to do 8 man operations or 16 man operations. Will we see 8 and 16 man operations get their own lockout timers instead of being linked together? Edited by Saxx

As a hardcore pvper from "Other MMO's" I don't feel that pvp is aimed very well in SWTOR. I can see that is has HUGE potential, and don't want to see any type of "Resilience" implemented. Can we look forward to a Level Bracket for pvp, to balance things out with different levels, or are we always going to be stuck with level 10's in a level 40 majority Battleground?

Is there any sort of ETA for SGRA's to be implemented? And is there any sort of update on whether or not it will be brand new companions specifically for that, or will the current romanceable companions have SGRA options, for those that are attached to the companions that have been with them for a long time?

It took me a while to realize why I am overall disappointed in the current Operations(mainly EV). They lack environment. By this I mean most bosses seem to do abilities and that's about it. Example being Gharj could roar or say something(if he can speak) if he is going to do frenzy/pounce. Doesn't need a separate one for each attack. The ground shacking as I run out should be clue enough. On the other hand we have XRR-3 who is very good at announcing himself. This makes me feel more surrounded by the fight. Reacting to the fight rather than words that pop up on my screen. Do you plan to keep both styles of fights or move to one or the other? I personally think this greatly reduces the "need" of boss modes for some people who are use to them. Which I'd very much like to never see in this game.

Didn't realize how large that kind of was till I posted it. So I'll rephrase if needed.

How can we expect Operation and Flashpoint bosses to feel later on in game? I feel like they lack environment as I read text to see what they are doing rather than seeing or hearing. XRR-3 is a good example of how it should be. Gharj is a bad of example of how it should be.

Edited by Cindikle

Over five percent of all respondents to last week's Q&A thread requested clarification of plans for same-gender romance and/or flirts.

Where does same-gender content stand in development at present, and how are you looking at implementing it (e.g. for new companions only, for existing companions and future companions, to [Flirt] options throughout the game, et cetera)?

Edited by Uluain

For those of us who have eight (8) characters on our server already, will the Legacy system (whenever it is eventually implemented) have retroactive rewards, or will we be forced to delete our characters and start over to take advantage of "Legacy Character Creation Bonuses"? Edited by revial

Mounted speeds could be charitably described as "lackluster", especially in the context of wasteland planets like Hoth and Tatooine. Speeders feel slow and plodding, making ground travel, even at 50, irritating. Are you happy with the top mounted speeds? Is there any hope that Speeders will actually move as their namesake suggests?

There are a lot of roleplayers wondering when we'll see RP-specific content like expanded character customization options, sitting in chairs, more animated emotes, etc. What sorts of things are in store for content related specifically to roleplay?

Are there any plans to implement so called companion role kits or at least give each companion more than 1 specific role? (I know that tank companions have the option to dps but their dps is way worse than pure dps companions so I'm not counting it)

My question refers in the most part to Sith Warrior storyline in which the most useful companion turns out to be the most hated one. This presents a problem from a story-oriented player's perspective (for example I can't stand even the idea of running around with that particular companion) and despite his extreme usefulness, we're somewhat "forced" to run with other companion when thing like being able to adjust companion's role would easily negate the problem.

So again, are there plans for adding the feature that would allow players to adjust the companions' roles according to our own liking?

Edited by gibmachine